*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,518,931 Views | 27741 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by YouBet
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
#PurpleLivesMatter
TCTTS
AG
Hmmm. I'd say this confirms that all the shooting that's been going on sporadically for weeks so far with Larson/Captain Marvel has almost assuredly been for Avengers 4 and not Captain Marvel, but who knows...

TCTTS
AG
Also, very interesting...

FightinTexasAg15
AG
israeliag
AG
Interesting. I'd love to see more from all three of those's characters (in movies, yes I know: Agents of SHIELD). Clark Gregg/Coulsen is always a treat. But, Lee Pace's Ronan could benefit from some more fleshing out, especially with Ronan being one of those underwhelming-villains-despite-having-a-great-actor that's been the Achilles' heel of the majority of Marvel movies.
M.C. Swag
AG
TCTTS said:

Hmmm. I'd say this confirms that all the shooting that's been going on sporadically for weeks so far with Larson/Captain Marvel has almost assuredly been for Avengers 4 and not Captain Marvel, but who knows...

How does that post confirm that?
jtstanley4621
AG
TCTTS said:

It'd be pretty cool if Captain Marvel was in a way a prequel to GOTG. We'll see I suppose. She's definitely part of that universe.
MooreTrucker
AG
I'm not sure but maybe because it says "production has begun" even though we've already seen other pics of BL in costume filming.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. We've seen BL filming in costume for weeks now. But there are multiple reports/announcements that Captain Marvel began filming today.
thriller03
AG
I don't know any of the details or machinations behind this, but I read in articles and heard similarly on a podcast that those shoots were actually for Captain Marvel and were tied to some tax breaks. Seems like they had to do "some" shooting for the movie by a certain date in order to qualify.

Again, I know very little of those details.
TCTTS
AG
Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks for the heads up.
thriller03
AG
If you're interested, this covers it.

https://mcuexchange.com/captain-marvel-filming-january/
TCTTS
AG
Nice. Yeah, that makes sense. Good to know.
TCTTS
AG
jtstanley4621
AG
So, officially one month to go until Infinity War drops!

Who has purchased tickets? I haven't yet but plan to soon assuming all the good times aren't already sold out.
TCTTS
AG

Brick Tamland
I saw an article where Hounsou only did Guardians because of his son and hated doing that makeup for the role because of the pain it took to get into the character
fig96
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Who has purchased tickets? I haven't yet but plan to soon assuming all the good times aren't already sold out.
You may be out of luck for the first weekend by this point. Got mine like two weeks ago for that Saturday morning.
FTACO97
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

I thought I saw that it was in his chest, when he was out of the suit.

I actually just looked it up and apparently it's part of the "bleeding edge" armor upgrades that he has. requires the arc reactor to be in his chest for whatever reason
If you thought Black Panther's suit coming out of the necklace was awesome, wait until you see the new Iron Man suit which is the reason for the chest plate again. They also fixed it in IM2 with the new element that doesn't damage his body
FTACO97
AG
MBAR said:

Started my rewatch over the weekend. This will take the whole month probably with 17 films to watch. Incredible Hulk is increasingly meh as the years roll on. Feels pretty much off on its own compared to all the other films.
I finished Avengers last night. I skipped Incredible Hulk since to me it doesn't really fit into the MCU minus the after credits scene and some mentions in Avengers. So I've watched IM, IM2, Thor, Cap and Avengers. So 10 more to go (have already watched Ragnarok again, and BP probably won't be out to buy before IW).
FTACO97
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

TCTTS said:

It'd be pretty cool if Captain Marvel was in a way a prequel to GOTG. We'll see I suppose. She's definitely part of that universe.
Looks like it is based on the casting
TajMaballer
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Got my IMAX ticket for Thursday night at 7! Checked back a couple hours after I bought mine for a friend and only the front row is available. I'd recommend getting tickets ASAP
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FTACO97 said:

MBAR said:

Started my rewatch over the weekend. This will take the whole month probably with 17 films to watch. Incredible Hulk is increasingly meh as the years roll on. Feels pretty much off on its own compared to all the other films.
I finished Avengers last night. I skipped Incredible Hulk since to me it doesn't really fit into the MCU minus the after credits scene and some mentions in Avengers. So I've watched IM, IM2, Thor, Cap and Avengers. So 10 more to go (have already watched Ragnarok again, and BP probably won't be out to buy before IW).
It'll still be in theaters.
Murder Hornet
AG
FTACO97 said:

MBAR said:

We're rewatching all the movies too in the lead up to Infinity War (Civil War this weekend). I put the DVD in for Hulk and just fast forwarded to the stinger. It's the only relevant part of the movie
fig96
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

FTACO97 said:

MBAR said:

It'll still be in theaters.
Should be on digital right around then, no release date yet but right now the target for digital and blu-ray is May (which would be mean early May for digital).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I skipped Phase 1 and started with Winter Soldier.

So far I've seen:
CA: Winter Soldier
GOTG
Avengers: Age of Ultron
CA: Civil War

(And watched GOTG 2 on Netflix a couple of months ago.)

I plan on watching Dr Strange, SM: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok, and finishing up with another watch of BP in the theater.
TajMaballer
AG
Solid list, but I would add Captain America: The First Avenger. That movie gets better with every rewatch. Highly recommend if you haven't watched it recently.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I have tickets for the first showing on the Saturday after it comes out.

I'm watching the movies in chronological order ... so I have completed The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, and Thor. Next up ... The Avengers.
Saxsoon
AG
I have tickets at Regal on Thursday and then tickets on Saturday at the local real IMAX.
Brick Tamland
Brick Tamland
Brick Tamland
This LEGO set description contains potential spoilers

[sp]Thanos: The Last Battle[/sp]
Avoid the blows of Thanos's huge sword and use the Iron Man's power units to defeat Titan's supervillain. Having won, grab the golden glove of infinity and fly away.
Brick Tamland
I guess that means we will see the Infinity Sword?
wangus12
AG
So apparently Agent Coulson will appear in the Captain Marvel movie since it is set in the 1990s
TexasAggie_02
AG
wangus12 said:

So apparently Agent Coulson will appear in the Captain Marvel movie since it is set in the 1990s
you don't say?

^scroll up the page^

but yes, that will be awesome to see coulson again.
First Page Last Page
Page 239 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.