*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,519,721 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure it'll be fine/fun, it just feels like such a momentum killer. Since GOTG2 last May, Marvel has been on an insane run, one that culminates in one of the biggest movies in history next month. And then they're following it up with such an inconsequential entry smack dab in the prime of the summer blockbuster season. I don't know, maybe that's the point, since anything more ambitious might actually pale in comparison even more.
TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

Speaking of Captain Marvel...shouldn't she be around for IW? At least as an introduction like Black Panther in Civil War?

As I've mentioned before, I think she gets pulled in via some kind of time travel post IW.
Farmer1906
AG
TCTTS said:

Does anyone really want this movie? I can't imagine more of a let down after IW. A "romantic comedy" action pic set before IW? No thanks.

Yes.

Ant man is a fun character and MCU pretty much nails everything.
redline248
AG
Maybe it's Scott feeling a little left out like Peter Parker in Homecoming, after his action in Civil War?
TexasAggie_02
AG
what if Ant-Man and the Wasp starts before IW, but then SHTF towards the end, filling in a missing piece to IW and setting up Avengers 4?

What if the soul stone is in the Quantum Realm?
SeattleAgJr
What if NICK FURY is the SOUL STONE, cause the brutha has a LOT of SOUL!!!!!!!

and that is why he is not in 3 but will be in 4.....
Bruce Almighty
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

His eye patch is the last stone
SeattleAgJr
Bruce Almighty said:

SeattleAgJr said:

His eye patch is the last stone
no, he keeps it BEHIND the patch. it is why SHIELD was started in the first place.

Each Director must give up his eye and keep it there.

The White Nick Fury before SLJ, etc.
SeattleAgJr
my god. we have cracked it!
AMW2010
AG
I'm guessing Adam warlock has the soul stone...
SeattleAgJr
AMW2010 said:

I'm guessing Adam warlock has the soul stone...
warlock is not until GOTG 3,which is after avengers 4
SeattleAgJr
Or Jules Winnfield is one of Nick Fury's secret identities... and he has been carrying around the Soul Stone in a briefcase!
DB Coach
AG
MooreTrucker said:

DB Coach said:

rhutton125 said:

Not the most exciting trailer but I'm VERY grateful that it doesn't show too much. Except when I paused repeatedly to see who arrives in Wakanda but it's all good, it's all good.
I paused that part repeatedly as well....but it wasn't to see who shows up.
At what point? What'd I miss?????
0:47-0:48
SeattleAgJr
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha. The Hair ground.

TCTTS
AG
This would be amazing...

Saxsoon
AG
Lots of speculation that Ant-man and Capt Marvel can both tap into a particular type of Energy due to their abilities that will play heavily into Avengers 4. Maybe how it ties into the two films is that whatever they do to find Hope's mother in the quantum realm will play heavily into plot points for the next one.

Hadn't realized it was confirmed to be before Infinity War. Depends on how much he figures into Infinity War but I could see them splicing a clip from IW into the beginning and then doing a flashback saying 2 years before or something like that.
Saxsoon
AG
/

Found Hawkeye
SeattleAgJr
If they stick to the comics, Capt Marvel's powers come from the Kree, not the quantum realm.
swimmerbabe11
Okay I'm in China right now and skimmed the thread because I haven't seen new trailer and I nearly died when I saw the "Hawkeye's dead" tweet. I am so prepared to cry during this movie. My heart can't take jokes like that.

Btw I want a Bourne Identity style Hawkeye movie. I want it bad.
Saxsoon
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

If they stick to the comics, Capt Marvel's powers come from the Kree, not the quantum realm.
Maybe they tie them together. All I have seen in interviews is that the Quantum Realm is prevalent in both Antman & the Wasp and Captain Marvel.
SeattleAgJr
I finally realized what is bothering me about Thanos.

It is his eyes. He has human eyes. Not Thanos eyes.
jeffk
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

I finally realized what is bothering me about Thanos.

It is his eyes. He has human eyes. Not Thanos eyes.

THANOS EYEYEYEYES

ONE LOOK AT YOU AND I CANT DISGUISE

IVE GOT THANOS EYEYEYEYES
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

my god. we have cracked it!
If this is regarding the eye patch, I don't think so. If I recall right, Fury took that eye patch off and put on a pair of dark sunglasses at the conclusion of Winter Soldier.
fig96
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Okay I'm in China right now and skimmed the thread because I haven't seen new trailer and I nearly died when I saw the "Hawkeye's dead" tweet. I am so prepared to cry during this movie. My heart can't take jokes like that.

Btw I want a Bourne Identity style Hawkeye movie. I want it bad.
Not sure if you're a comic reader, but even if you're not go find the Matt Fraction run on Hawkeye from a few years ago.

He gets into it with local Russian monsters around his run down apartment building in New York while occasionally taking on one off missions or running into people from his past. It's brilliant.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My biggest question regarding this movie is ---

What on Earth was the budget for it? Actor salaries alone must've been unlike anything else.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, based on this trailer and insane pre-sales already beating BP, I'm going to up my final domestic prediction. I think I had it at 650-700, but this might make it to 800 M.
AliasMan02
AG
My big idea for Marvel's next phase is twofold.

First, before the movie or in an after credits scene, craft a series of episodic shorts that build to something related to a future movie or phase.

For example, say there is a plan to introduce mutants at the end of Phase 4/open of Phase 5. Start each if the 6+ Phase 4 films with a 5 minute short about the Weapon X program trying to build supersodiers to help set up that backstory.

Or if the plan is to introduce Doom as a Phase 5 big bad, spend the shorts following a SHIELD (or whatever) team doing a covert op in Latveria.

Top of my head examples... could be almost anything.

Second idea is that especially in these huge cast films they do a bunch of alternate post credit sequences with various characters and distribute them randomly so different audiences see different scenes. Like a film version of the special comic book cover. Fox actually did this for the Origins Wolverine flick, if I remember right.
jtstanley4621
AG
I heard it floated that Dinklage would be the dwarf (maybe not PC) who helps Thor get his axe as the replacement for mjolnir
rhutton125
AG
If what Feige has said is true, don't expect any Fox properties for Phase 4. That deal hasn't even gone though yet, much less have something ready in time for an Infinity War tease.
SeattleAgJr
rhutton125 said:

If what Feige has said is true, don't expect any Fox properties for Phase 4. That deal hasn't even gone though yet, much less have something ready in time for an Infinity War tease.
true, but they could have an agreement similar to what they did with Sony/Spider-man in advance of the formal merger
Brick Tamland
I think they should keep those universes separate
FTACO97
AG
AliasMan02 said:

TCTTS said:

Does anyone really want this movie? I can't imagine more of a let down after IW. A "romantic comedy" action pic set before IW? No thanks.

Shut your e-mouth. Ant Man was a blast and had such heart. Really looking forward to it. I friggin love Paul Rudd.
This. Plus we need more Michael Pena voice over stories
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just watched Guardians. Man, what a fing great movie.

I might put Winter Soldier and GOTG at 1 and 2.
Farmer1906
AG
Brick Tamland said:

I think they should keep those universes separate

Hmmm... then why get the rights?
Brick Tamland
Control the quality of the movies themselves instead of Fox ruining it
First Page Last Page
Page 232 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.