*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,519,842 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No idea. It's so weird. Even more mystifying is that Chris Pratt is last. I want a whole article that breaks this all down.
Farmer1906
AG
Tried PMing you but it says you're not a subscriber even though I see stars.

Quote:

Here is the code:

GWP-AVGR-L6JMM-6IZLE

Here is the link:

https://www.fandangofanshop.com/avengers-infinity-war-movie-poster?cmp=EM_FAND_GWP_BUCKET_1_03162018&ext_trkg_rrt=96985b4c8b5fd61687814f2d4d15abb13e56f89935139d9fdfc6e3406fe72d5c
Hopefully, no one is a dick and steals it.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

that really would be incredibly interesting. ragnarok apparently did wonders for hemsworth's billing.

edit: nevermind, apparently he's been 2nd billing the previous two.
TCTTS
AG

Brick Tamland
Yeah I didn't really use the premium features so I cancelled a few months ago. Thank you for the poster code! I got it ordered.
Cromagnum
AG
TCTTS said:

Who really cares? This movie is going to print money whether you are top billed or 27th.
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Dude. Seriously? That tweet is clearly a joke. And is then immediately followed by the proper, but still extremely vague, explanation.
i don't know who the eff jeremy smith is or if he should be taken seriously. maybe keep it to yourself next time.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
It's harmless fun trying to figure it out.
fig96
AG
Sex Panther said:

How did Mark Ruffalo get billing ahead of Chris Evans???
That was the first one I noticed. Don Cheadle was the other (ahead of Tom Holland and Chadwick Boseman).
double aught
AG
Pratt and Evans both seem like guys who wouldn't care where they are billed.
Max Power
AG
-Why does it matter where names are billed on a movie this big?
-Dinklage is probably voicing one of the Black Order characters, pretty sure Feige said there would be a surprise regarding who is voicing them.
-There were pics a while back of Michael Rooker in/around the Atlanta set during filming so perhaps there's a Yondu flashback?
-Didn't either Feige or the Russo's say that all the infinity stones do not come together in this movie? You can see in the trailer that both the purple and blue stones are in the gauntlet while he's on earth, and he's there to secure the green gem from Dr. Strange and the orange one from Vision. I would assume Avengers 4 is Thanos going after the red one with the collector and the yellow one, which I like the reddit theory on more than that it's in Wakanda.
Sex Panther
AG
double aught said:

Pratt and Evans both seem like guys who wouldn't care where they are billed.

Their agents probably do... seems like such a silly thing, but it's a pretty big deal.

Same goes for bands at festivals.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

No idea. It's so weird. Even more mystifying is that Chris Pratt is last. I want a whole article that breaks this all down.

Isn't the last one usually a pretty big honor? When they throw in the "and" with a final name?

Benedict Cumberbatch makes sense over most of the others. He's a big star, and will probably have a really significant role. I'd figure Tom Hiddleston would be over people like Cheadle and Bettany.
TCTTS
AG
Max Power said:

-Why does it matter where names are billed on a movie this big?

Because in terms of star power this is literally the biggest cast ever assembled. And as SP alluded to, this kind of stuff is negotiated endlessly by agents. Certain actors sometimes won't even sign if their name isn't above/before the title, or if they're not in front of so-and-so. There's all kinds of language in contracts that stipualates all of this. It's super petty but a very real thing that can get pretty heated. So when a credit block this stacked is finally revealed, it's simply fun to talk about and dissect.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah I think you're right. Makes sense. If Pratt couldn't be in the top three or so, his agent likely negotiated for that last spot.
Bruce Almighty
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

TCTTS said:

Dude. Seriously? That tweet is clearly a joke. And is then immediately followed by the proper, but still extremely vague, explanation.
i don't know who the eff jeremy smith is or if he should be taken seriously. maybe keep it to yourself next time.

Dude, get the **** over it. There were no spoilers. You seem to be the only one that didn't get it. It's done and over with.
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Maybe, before commenting, read THE VERY NEXT POST I put up seconds after that one. Or, you know, try using common sense. God forbid we joke around here.

Why should I continue reading when confronted with spoilers, real or not?
jackie childs
the poster should've said "Avengers: Infinity War...Starring: Everybody"
TexasAggie_02
AG
In regards to the "and Chris Pratt", what if the theory about the soul stone being with the Sovereign is correct and the guardians have a limited role in this movie, bc they have to leave to warn the Sovereign?

IW ends with Thanos getting all but the soul stone. Avengers 4 leads off with the guardians arriving at the Sovereign.
texasaggie04
AG
I just wish it had Sam Jackson's name too.

Anyway, time to avoid this thread for the next few weeks. Too much possibility for spoilers.
TCTTS
AG
Huh? There was conversation earlier in the thread about Hawkeye not being in the trailer/poster. And that tweet was clearly a jokingly extreme response to the speculation. Literally no one else thought it was a spoiler but you. Why would the movie open with that line? And who would know it this far in advance AND spoil it like that? Nothing about it makes any sense as a legitimate spoiler. Plus, again, my very next worlds were, "Seriously, though..."
MooreTrucker
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

TCTTS said:

Maybe, before commenting, read THE VERY NEXT POST I put up seconds after that one. Or, you know, try using common sense. God forbid we joke around here.

Why should I continue reading when confronted with spoilers, real or not?
Easy. Because they weren't spoilers. And if you HAD continued reading, you would have seen that and not looked foolish. Message board best practice is to read all the unread posts and then respond. Then you make better-informed posts as a whole.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
This is literally the first time I've heard of The Dinklage being in this movie.

He's not even listed on imdb, so I think that him being a voiceover is a pretty good bet.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I don't think anyone knew. Voiceover is a good call. If so, my bet would be on him voicing one of Thanos' four children. Maybe even the one featured below...

TCTTS
AG
Wow, I totally forgot that this is the first feature film in history to be shot entirely in IMAX. Full-framed IMAX version of the trailer below (i.e. there's more to see vertically). First time I've ever seen a trailer release do this...

SeattleAgJr
Have they been selling the black order as thanos's children? Because in the comic they're not like Gomorrah, considered an adoptive child/trophy. They are more like his henchmen.
TCTTS
AG
I honestly have no idea. But yeah, they definitely look more like henchmen than children.
SeattleAgJr
And Loki is the shortest of that crew.
Sex Panther
AG
So I'm gonna guess that Peter Dinklage is Ebony Maw.

Basically an evil version of Tyrion Lannister.
DB Coach
AG
I'm confused a bit....who is that in the top right hand corner of the poster, above Dr. Strange?
DB Coach
AG
rhutton125 said:

Not the most exciting trailer but I'm VERY grateful that it doesn't show too much. Except when I paused repeatedly to see who arrives in Wakanda but it's all good, it's all good.
I paused that part repeatedly as well....but it wasn't to see who shows up.
Sex Panther
AG
DB Coach said:

I'm confused a bit....who is that in the top right hand corner of the poster, above Dr. Strange?

Wong... Doc Strange's homie

TCTTS
AG
MooreTrucker
AG
DB Coach said:

rhutton125 said:

Not the most exciting trailer but I'm VERY grateful that it doesn't show too much. Except when I paused repeatedly to see who arrives in Wakanda but it's all good, it's all good.
I paused that part repeatedly as well....but it wasn't to see who shows up.
At what point? What'd I miss?????
First Page Last Page
Page 230 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.