*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,519,354 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One more space between Cap and IM
fig96
AG
If anyone is into story and screenwriting, fun breakdown of Thor Ragnarok here:

Storyclock Research Log: Thor Raganarok
AggieLitigator
New trailer drops TOMORROW
nickstro66
AG
There's an image floating around that may be from the trailer tomorrow involving Spider-Man and a very true Iron Spider suit. I can't wait to see the trailer!
Brick Tamland
Just rented Ragnarok. Probably my favorite Marvel movie so far, or at least tied with the Guardians movies.
TCTTS
AG
Would watch...

Brick Tamland
Tickets on sale Friday.
Bobcat06
AG
Brick Tamland said:

Just rented Ragnarok. Probably my favorite Marvel movie so far, or at least tied with the Guardians movies.
Watch the Team Darryl short

AggieLitigator
Marvel says tonight the rumor is false. No new trailer tomorrow.
Brick Tamland
But tickets on sale Friday
MBAR
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Force still equals mass times acceleration. If Scott's mass shrinks as he shrinks the acceleration would need to be ridiculous. Lets say he goes from 70 inches tall to 0.5 inches tall, and everything else scales accordingly. His mass would decrease by that same proportion cubed. So his mass would be about 31mg. For him to punch someone with the same force as his grown self, he fist would have to accelerate 2.7 million times faster than when he is full size. That would break the sound barrier many times over and the forces involved would burn up his tiny hands like a shuttle on reentry. You can't have both a tank on a belt and a tiny guy knocking people out with punches. One or the other doesn't make sense. For that matter, you can't have a tiny guy knocking people out one minute and riding an ant the next. I doesn't have to bother everyone like it bothers me, it just really bothers me now that I notice it.

Quote:

guys, ant-man is almost 3 years old, you don't need spoiler tags
I'm trying to save others from my fate. I wish she hadn't pointed it out to me.
Dude, I am a physical scientist with a chemistry background. If bad science ruined movies for me, I'd never be able to watch a damn thing.
MooreTrucker
AG
I thought this was cool, but not sure how accurate...

Iron Man Armor
fig96
AG
Brick Tamland said:

But tickets on sale Friday
Waiting to see the Alamo glass.
FTACO97
AG
MooreTrucker said:

I thought this was cool, but not sure how accurate...

Iron Man Armor
So cool....

Article like that reminds me how I've always wanted the Hot Toys collection of the Iron Man armor with the display area

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bobcat06 said:

Brick Tamland said:

Watch the Team Darryl short

This doesn't warrant a new thread, so posting it here.

rhutton125
AG
IGN has articles with interviews and scene details and the like. DO NOT WANT.

Time for avoid this thread for 6 1/2 weeks. I'll see you all on the other side! (Except to maybe hype the next trailer)
Farmer1906
AG
https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/avengers-infinity-war-marathon-56563

Who's up for a full MCU marathon?
Brick Tamland
Would be awesome but wife would literally murder me. I already lucked out because originally it came out on her birthday weekend and now it's not. I shouldn't push my luck.
Karrde
AG
That link now just redirects to the main Infinity Wars page.
MooreTrucker
AG
So what is the proper order to watch in order to have the proper MCU marathon? Just start with the Incredible Hulk and move forward chronologically? Or is there a better way to do it?
Bruce Almighty
AG
MooreTrucker said:

So what is the proper order to watch in order to have the proper MCU marathon? Just start with the Incredible Hulk and move forward chronologically? Or is there a better way to do it?

If going chronologically, Iron Man was first
TCTTS
AG
Chronologically by release or timeline? Captain America: The First Avenger would be first if the order is the latter.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

Chronologically by release or timeline? Captain America: The First Avenger would be first if the order is the latter.

That would be my preference.
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

Timeline was the intent of my question. So which ones happened between the First Avenger and Winter Soldier, and where does Iron Man fall, and Hulk, etc.?

And would that be the best way to marathon them?

I know it doesn't really matter as long as you see them all, just curious.
TCTTS
AG
Speaking of, what flashbacks have there been that could be spliced into chronological order by timeline? I know there are more, but the only ones off the top of my head...

- '80s flashbacks in GOTG1 & 2
- '80s flashback in Ant-Man with Michael Douglas
- '80s flashback in Civil War with Stark and his parents
- '90s flashback/opening with Stark in Iron Man 3

Any others?
TCTTS
AG
Actually, just found this and it's pretty nifty...

TCTTS
AG
Btw, how is there nothing in this cinematic universe that has been covered in / chronicled the '50s/'60s? That period of time seems ripe for some great backstory.
Bruce Almighty
AG
TCTTS said:

Timeline would be hard. Beginning of Thor, then Captain America, the GotG2 flashback, then GotG flashback, then Iron Man, Hulk, rest of Thor..... I don't even know where the Winter Soldier flashbacks would be.
MooreTrucker
AG
Yikes! it even mentions AoS and the Netflix shows and how do they fit in. Sorry I opened this can of worms!

This was linked from the YouTube page

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/File:Marvel-Movie-Universe.jpeg
wangus12
AG
Farmer1906 said:

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/avengers-infinity-war-marathon-56563

Who's up for a full MCU marathon?
Says 31 hours, but the official run time of all the movies is 38 hours. Which means 3 films probably get dropped.

My guess would by Hulk & Spiderman since they are both attached to different studios, but no idea on the 3rd.
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Btw, how is there nothing in this cinematic universe that has been covered in / chronicled the '50s/'60s? That period of time seems ripe for some great backstory.
Agent Carter was in the 50s. Not much overlap into the movies, though.
redline248
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

TCTTS said:

Timeline would be hard. Beginning of Thor, then Captain America, the GotG2 flashback, then GotG flashback, then Iron Man, Hulk, rest of Thor..... I don't even know where the Winter Soldier flashbacks would be.
There are also Civil War flashbacks and Nat's flashbacks in Ultron...Black Panther opening, Black Panther Oakland flashbacks...
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

with captain america on ice and the current ages of the avengers, it seems like if we see anything in the 50's/60's, it's going to either be flashbacks or prequels.

i think the most obvious relationship to explore in that time frame is Hank Pym and Howard Stark.
TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

TCTTS said:

Agent Carter was in the 50s. Not much overlap into the movies, though.
That video said it was all '40s, I thought?
AMW2010
AG
I thought there was supposed to be a new trailer?!
First Page Last Page
Page 226 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.