*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,519,106 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by The Porkchop Express
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The twist of the Mandarin was/is very divisive to fanboys.

Personally, I loved it.

I also love pretty much anything Shane Black does.
TCTTS
AG
This.
swimmerbabe11
Dr strange is the only Marvel film that I didn't really like. It was just okay for me.

Black widow looked great. Bucky and Mantis looked great...thats an interesting interaction.

I think it's easy to forget where the stones are..especially with theories rolling around
Dr. Horrible
texasaggie04 said:

Now in regards to those magazine covers:
1. Iron Man's armor. Yeah, what?
Bleeding Edge armor

Bruce Almighty
AG
IM3 might be the most divisive MCU movie on this board.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
So I have had a couple of weeks to think on Black Panther. All this discussion on Iron Man 3, Thor The Dark World, and The Incredible Hulk being among the worst MCU movies prompted me to revise my rankings. I had really high expectations for Black Panther. I really loved the character I never his Civil War introduction. His stand-alone movie was entertaining, but ultimately I think it missed on meeting my lofty expectations. Nice villain in Killmonger. Was hoping the final infinity stone would be in Wakanda, but apparently not; not a big deal. I generally liked the plot, but felt a bit too much like Rocky III where Clubber defeats Rocky and then, maybe an Hour or so later in filmtime, Rocky defeats Clubber. Similar to what we had here. I'm not sure that is really a negative, but I think I'd rather have seen a more drawn out confrontation lasting over a series of movies. But oh well.

01. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
02. Captain America: Civil War
03. Guardians of the Galaxy
04. Iron Man
05. The Avengers
06. Captain America: The First Avenger
07. Spider-Man: Homecoming
08. Thor Ragnorak
09. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
10. Doctor Strange
11. Avengers: Age of Ultron
12. Black Panther
13. Thor
14. Iron Man 2
15. Iron Man 3
16. Ant Man
17. The Incredible Hulk
18. Thor: The Dark World
Brick Tamland
I wonder how accurate this is. It says that we can expect some "farewells". I know there's been speculation that some of our heroes will die, but this claims to confirm it.

http://goo.gl/ss1SHK
gougler08
AG
May want to write over that link...
Brick Tamland
It says that in the link but doesn't "spoil" anything. It doesn't mention anything other than "will iron man meet an untimely end?"
FTACO97
AG
TCTTS said:

But they were still basically filmed back-to-back with the same writers/directors. I think there was something like a month between shoots, if even that. I think it was simply more of a title change than anything else. "Infinity War II" probably just isn't an accurate description of the plot, and they finally came to realize that (as the plot may or may not have changed slightly) I'm also thinking that the new title might be somewhat spoilery, hence why Marvel still hasn't announced it, even though we're just over a year away and Avengers 4 is done filming.
I agree with you. I'm just relating on how the MCU folks and the Russo brothers announced the change.
FTACO97
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Hulk was worse as was IM2. I know I am in the minority, but I'd rank Thor 2 ahead of Cap 1, Ant Man and Dr Strange.
Everything you just said...was wrong.

except Hulk.....I don't even consider Incredible Hulk part of the MCU :-P
FTACO97
AG
I sat down and tried to rank the films recently. Will be interesting to see if my opinions change as I watch through the films before IW.

Iron Man
Captain America Winter Soldier
Captain America
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers
Black Panther
Captain America Civil War
SpiderMan Homecoming
Thor Ragnarok
Dr Strange
Thor
Ant-Man
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Avengers Age of Ultron
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Thor Dark World

Sex Panther
AG
Reading these lists makes me realize that Black Panther is in my personal bottom 5.

If that's in your bottom 5, then as a studio, you are doing something right.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brick Tamland said:

It says that in the link but doesn't "spoil" anything. It doesn't mention anything other than "will iron man meet an untimely end?"
The shot in the trailer where Iron Man takes the full brunt of a blow from Thanos ... down goes Iron Man, limp as a rag doll and not moving. Who knows what happens immediately after that, but that sure looks like a killing blow to me.
Sex Panther
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Brick Tamland said:

The shot in the trailer where Iron Man takes the full brunt of a blow from Thanos ... down goes Iron Man, limp as a rag doll and not moving. Who knows what happens immediately after that, but that sure looks like a killing blow to me.

Isn't that Spider Man?
Charlie Conway
since we're all making lists...

Iron Man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers
Black Panther
Captain America Civil War
Captain America Winter Soldier
Thor Ragnarok
SpiderMan Homecoming
Ant-Man
Dr Strange
Captain America
Avengers Age of Ultron
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Thor
Thor Dark World
Hulk

this is the correct list btw
Charlie Conway
Sex Panther said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Brick Tamland said:

Isn't that Spider Man?
if you look at a still frame you can tell it's definitely Iron Man
fig96
AG
Sex Panther said:

Reading these lists makes me realize that Black Panther is in my personal bottom 5.

If that's in your bottom 5, then as a studio, you are doing something right.
Was thinking something similar seeing Ragnarok on a list at 8.

There's at least half a dozen movies that someone could tell me is their fave and I'd just be like "yup".
Brick Tamland
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Brick Tamland said:

I doubt they send out Tony that way, unless Strange twists back time to save him. For someone who started the franchise, I bet they give him a ceremonious death (if he dies at all).
gougler08
AG
Brick Tamland said:

Oh I don't care one way or the other, just don't want this to spiral in to this months debate on what is considered a spoiler
Brick Tamland
Gotcha. I used a link shortened to change it anyways.
Living Legend
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

So I have had a couple of weeks to think on Black Panther. All this discussion on Iron Man 3, Thor The Dark World, and The Incredible Hulk being among the worst MCU movies prompted me to revise my rankings. I had really high expectations for Black Panther. I really loved the character I never his Civil War introduction. His stand-alone movie was entertaining, but ultimately I think it missed on meeting my lofty expectations. Nice villain in Killmonger. Was hoping the final infinity stone would be in Wakanda, but apparently not; not a big deal. I generally liked the plot, but felt a bit too much like Rocky III where Clubber defeats Rocky and then, maybe an Hour or so later in filmtime, Rocky defeats Clubber. Similar to what we had here. I'm not sure that is really a negative, but I think I'd rather have seen a more drawn out confrontation lasting over a series of movies. But oh well.

04. Iron Man
05. The Avengers
08. Thor Ragnorak
10. Doctor Strange
12. Black Panther
13. Thor
14. Iron Man 2
15. Iron Man 3
16. Ant Man
17. The Incredible Hulk
I know this is your ranking and your ranking only, but I have so many issues with this list. Ant Man at 16?
Cromagnum
AG
Brick Tamland said:

I wonder how accurate this is. It says that we can expect some "farewells". I know there's been speculation that some of our heroes will die, but this claims to confirm it.

Thanos kills half of the universe with a flick of the wrist in the comic. You better believe some folks are going to die in part I.
AgMarauder04
AG
Cromagnum said:

Brick Tamland said:

Thanos kills half of the universe with a flick of the wrist in the comic. You better believe some folks are going to die in part I.
How many actors will have fulfilled their contracts on this one?
MooreTrucker
AG
Brick Tamland said:

I doubt they send out Tony that way, unless Strange twists back time to save him. For someone who started the franchise, I bet they give him a ceremonious death (if he dies at all).
I read that and immediately thought of Bane. He was such a main part of the movie, and then suddenly just dead. That always struck me as odd.
Brick Tamland
Right, but Bane didn't start the Dark Knight trilogy, nor was he an integral part of it.

And Nolan usually likes to leave the fate of villains up to the viewer. Maybe Bane survived, just was temporarily incapacitated and went back into the shadows?
redline248
AG
I think this is my current ranking. I should find in this thread the last time I did this and compare.

Winter Soldier
Guardians 1
Avengers
Iron Man
Ragnarok
Cap 1
Civil War
Homecoming
Ant man
Ultron
Guardians 2
Thor
Black Panther
Iron Man 2
Dr Strange
Dark World
Hulk
IM3
Rapier108
AgMarauder04 said:

Cromagnum said:

Brick Tamland said:

How many actors will have fulfilled their contracts on this one?
Most of the original Avengers, but Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, and Chris Hemsworth had their contracts extended for Infinity War 2 (or whatever they end up calling it) and were known to be filming during production. Not sure about the contracts for Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, or Scarlett Johansson, but I suspect Black Widow is probably not going to end up permanently dead, if dead at all.

I doubt Marvel will permanently kill off a main character by simply having Thanos wink them out of existence. They'll die in battle, either during the gathering of the infinity stones, or in an attempt to stop Thanos after he gets them. This is why I think IW will end right as Thanos gets the last stone, probably the Soul Stone since we haven't seen it yet.

Of course, in the comics after Nebula gets the gauntlet from Thanos, she undoes almost everything.
MooreTrucker
AG
Brick Tamland said:

Right, but Bane didn't start the Dark Knight trilogy, nor was he an integral part of it.

And Nolan usually likes to leave the fate of villains up to the viewer. Maybe Bane survived, just was temporarily incapacitated and went back into the shadows?
Oh I know, I wasn't equating the two, just reminded me of that.

And no, I'm pretty sure he was dead.
Brick Tamland
MooreTrucker
AG
Well, it's nice to know that he's doing well after all.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Living Legend said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

04. Iron Man
05. The Avengers
08. Thor Ragnorak
10. Doctor Strange
12. Black Panther
13. Thor
14. Iron Man 2
15. Iron Man 3
16. Ant Man
17. The Incredible Hulk
I know this is your ranking and your ranking only, but I have so many issues with this list. Ant Man at 16?
Why don't you list all of your issues with my list and I can proceed to explain why I rank the movies where I did? Regarding Ant-Man, it was good and a lot of fun, like so many of my lower ranked entries, but just doesn't have the same over-arching meaning to the entire series that the last two Cap movies, for instance, did.
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://movieweb.com/infinity-war-footage-entertainment-tonight/

Entertainment tonight will have a special look behind the scenes Monday night
Farmer1906
AG
I watched Thor 2 again last night. It has a few moments, but overall it earned its lower ranking with all the great MCU films.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I think it's become impossible to rank these movies 1-18. What my ranking would be today wouldn't be the same as my ranking tomorrow. Instead, I think its easier to lump them into categories.

The Great:
Iron Man
The Avengers
The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor: Ragnarok

The Very Good:
Iron Man 3
Civil War
Spider-Man
Black Panther

The Good:
Thor
Captain America
Thor: The Dark World
Age of Ultron

The Decent:
Hulk
Iron Man 2
Ant-Man
Dr. Strange

First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.