*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,518,701 Views | 27741 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by YouBet
jackie childs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
israeliag said:

Let's get back to discussing what we like, not what we hate:

Who's your favorite secondary MCU character?

Basically anyone that didn't have a movie named after them (so it would include Hawkeye, Vision, etc, even though they are part of the Avengers).

Mine is Don Cheadle, I mean Rhodey. Korg is a close second.
you mean after Loki, right?
Sex Panther
AG
Loki
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
israeliag
AG
Brick Tamland said:

I have them as secondary because I consider Star Lord the main character of Guardians of the Galaxy
MooreTrucker
AG
Black Widow
Brick Tamland
The BEST part about Iron Man 2.
rhutton125
AG
War Machine & Bucky.

Vision in the comics though, so I'm hoping for some movie improvement there.
Farmer1906
AG
Bucky did have a movie named after him and then they fought a Civil War over him. He's kind of a big deal.

rhutton125
AG
I want MOAR!
double aught
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
One of the best parts of that movie.
jackie childs
Brick Tamland said:

The BEST part about Iron Man 2.
fair enough, but that Iron Man Suit Briefcase was pretty awesome too
jackie childs
israeliag said:

Let's get back to discussing what we like, not what we hate:

Who's your favorite secondary MCU character?

Basically anyone that didn't have a movie named after them (so it would include Hawkeye, Vision, etc, even though they are part of the Avengers).

Mine is Don Cheadle, I mean Rhodey. Korg is a close second.
as I said earlier, the answer for me is still Loki. He's been one of the most compelling characters in every MCU film he's appeared in.

but i actually think the development of the secondary characters is one of the things the MCU has handled so brilliantly. and by actually spending time on those characters (and by the MCU being such a big deal), they're able to attract more talented actors/actresses for those smaller roles.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bucky
Bruce Almighty
AG
Daredevil
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FL_Ag1998
AG
Dont know about FAVORITE secondary character, but the secondary person who I most want to see an origin story on?

Black Widow. A spy thriller with her vs Hawkeye when they first meet on opposite sides (and of course at the end she defects and meets Nick Fury for the first time).
jtstanley4621
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Dont know about FAVORITE secondary character, but the secondary person who I most want to see an origin story on?

Black Widow. A spy thriller with her vs Hawkeye when they first meet on opposite sides (and of course at the end she defects and meets Nick Fury for the first time).
I think that premise would be badass. A standalone espionage Marvel movie.

By the way, watch the first 10 seconds of this video, Chris Evans may have sort of offhandedly confirmed that there's gonna be a Black Widow movie:

fig96
AG
Didn't we already know this? Maybe not "officially" but it's been discussed by Marvel before.

http://www.slashfilm.com/black-widow-movie-kevin-feige/

Quote:

You've got a bunch of characters in this movie from Falcon and War Machine and Black Widow and Hawkeye, who have so far guest starred in movies with another characters title above the fold. Is there one destined to get a solo movie down the line?

We've announced the next nine movies, ten counting Civil War, through the end of 2019. Where we go beyond that are ongoing discussions that we'll focus on in the next few years because we have a lot to do before then. Of the characters that you've just mentioned I would say certainly the one creatively and emotionally that we are most committing to doing is Black Widow.
jtstanley4621
AG
fig96 said:

Didn't we already know this? Maybe not "officially" but it's been discussed by Marvel before.

Quote:

You've got a bunch of characters in this movie from Falcon and War Machine and Black Widow and Hawkeye, who have so far guest starred in movies with another characters title above the fold. Is there one destined to get a solo movie down the line?

We've announced the next nine movies, ten counting Civil War, through the end of 2019. Where we go beyond that are ongoing discussions that we'll focus on in the next few years because we have a lot to do before then. Of the characters that you've just mentioned I would say certainly the one creatively and emotionally that we are most committing to doing is Black Widow.

Ah okay. I guess I just missed that. Excellent news!
fig96
AG
It's not on the schedule that we've heard though, so this may be a more official confirmation than others.
BigTimeAlum
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

fig96 said:

Quote:

Ah okay. I guess I just missed that. Excellent news!

Black Window is the character I'd be "most committed to doing" as well...
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Whoa.

That never crossed my mind. I just assumed that Groot was growing back from the infant stage on to adulthood and that his child-like mental capacity was just the result of him "starting over."

Brick Tamland
Perfect gif for the situation
redline248
AG
Weird. None of the other guardians act like they know he's Son of Groot, imo.
jeffk
AG
redline248 said:

Weird. None of the other guardians act like they know he's Son of Groot, imo.

Drax calls him a "dumber, smaller Groot at one point.
toucan82
That changes the entire movie
mazag08
AG
Whoa
TexasAggie_02
AG
Makes sense. Otherwise, he would've just regrown his whole body from that twig. Instead, he is maturing naturally.
jeffk
AG
Technically, the new Groot is old Groot fruit.
TexasAggie_02
AG
jeffk said:

Technically, the new Groot is old Groot fruit.

They grew him from a cutting, so he's technically a clone of old groot
israeliag
AG
We had known though that all his memories were lost, so is it that new?
redline248
AG
israeliag said:

We had known though that all his memories were lost, so is it that new?
Did we know that? I guess I just never thought it was important. It certainly never occurred to me that it was a "new" Groot.
TCTTS
AG
jackie childs
not sure how to post it, but the way they announced the date moving up on twitter was so good
AgMarauder04
AG
Will this overlap BP being in theaters?
First Page Last Page
Page 217 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.