*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,518,673 Views | 27741 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by YouBet
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12 said:

Sex Panther said:

This may be my most anticipated movie in history
Naw one of the Star Wars films easily
He said HIS most anticipated movie in history.
wangus12
AG
Good point
MooreTrucker
AG
wangus12 said:

Sex Panther said:

Naw one of the Star Wars films easily
I'm with Panther on this. Other than the Justice League (which I still haven't seen) this one I want to see more than any other. I never was a huge Star Wars guy so that's not a factor for me, and the MCU build from Iron Man to this film has just been incredible.
AggieLitigator
Sex Panther said:

Same
jtstanley4621
AG
Sex Panther said:

Honestly, I think me too. There's really been nothing like this in the history of cinema, at least to my knowledge. THIS many movies all playing parts in setting up this epic finale. It's been in the works for so many years. And things have been kept under wraps pretty well too. This is a monumental movie.
jtstanley4621
AG
FWIW some of the first Black Panther reviews are out and it appears to be damn good. I've been waiting for this movie eagerly since just about the second I saw Black Panther in Civil War. Could not be more excited and ready to see it.
FTACO97
AG
I'm a huge Star Wars geek, but I'm eagerly anticipating this one too. Have been a huge fan of the MCU, keeping up with all the films. The way they've built this over the past 10 years is just awesome.

Do we have any idea how long this movie is going to be? I could see it easily heading toward 3 hours.
jtstanley4621
AG
FTACO97 said:

I'm a huge Star Wars geek, but I'm eagerly anticipating this one too. Have been a huge fan of the MCU, keeping up with all the films. The way they've built this over the past 10 years is just awesome.

Do we have any idea how long this movie is going to be? I could see it easily heading toward 3 hours.
Not sure if they've announced anything but I would be totally fine with that. They've put in so much damn time building up this movie, I would be fine if it were close to 3 hours. Get everyone screentime along with Thanos getting a good amount.
wangus12
AG
Pretty amazing.

Bruce Almighty
AG
This is the most excited I think I've ever been for a movie. I'm sure to be letdown now.
Brick Tamland
I'll be good as long as it's better than Ultron. That was the worst.
fig96
AG
Brick Tamland said:

I'll be good as long as it's better than Ultron. That was the worst.
I have to admit while I've been a big Joss Whedon fan for a while (personal indiscretions aside) I've really enjoyed the Marvel films that the Russo brothers have done.

Civil War was really good and Winter Soldier is right there for my favorite Marvel film. High hopes for Infinity War.
MooreTrucker
AG
wangus12 said:

Pretty amazing.

OK, I'm going to need some help with a couple of these.

Who is the woman in the light blue dress at 0:13?

Also the two women in chairs at 0:44...I think the one on the right is Pom whatever - Mantis.
fig96
AG
Brie Larsen (Captain Marvel) at :13, Karen Gillian (Nebula) with Mantis at :44.

And that's nuts.
Quad Dog
AG
MooreTrucker said:

OK, I'm going to need some help with a couple of these.

Who is the woman in the light blue dress at 0:13? Brie Larson (Captain Marvel)

Also the two women in chairs at 0:44...I think the one on the right is Pom whatever - Mantis. Karen Gillan (Nebula) and Pom Klementieff (Mantis)
FTACO97
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

This is the most excited I think I've ever been for a movie. I'm sure to be letdown now.
This movie in particular is one that I literally get goosebumps every time I see a trailer for it. I don't think I've felt that with any other movie, even Force Awakens or Last Jedi. I've personally spent so much time with this universe over the past 10 years, watching every movie and binging several of them at once before the next big one comes out.

Black Panther is going to destroy some box office records, but I think it's only going to hold onto those for a couple of months. This is gonna be huge.
FTACO97
AG
wangus12 said:

Pretty amazing.

So cool. I've looked at the large photo online, looks like they had some absences. Tom Hiddleston and Josh Brolin aren't there. Probably more.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
FTACO97 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

This movie in particular is one that I literally get goosebumps every time I see a trailer for it. I don't think I've felt that with any other movie, even Force Awakens or Last Jedi. I've personally spent so much time with this universe over the past 10 years, watching every movie and binging several of them at once before the next big one comes out.

Black Panther is going to destroy some box office records, but I think it's only going to hold onto those for a couple of months. This is gonna be huge.
Infinity War is probably among the most anticipated movies ever made. Under a similar setup of not being a first or stand-alone type of movie, the only movie I can think of with an at least comparable level of anticipation would be Return of the Jedi. Of course that one differs in that the original trilogy focused on the same group of characters, with some new ones sprinkled in via Empire (Yoda, Lando), whereas the MCU is following separate yet intertwined stories of characters, and across a longer span of time. The only other movie that I can think of to have this kind of anticipation was the first Tim Burton Batman movie.

I was not a comics fan growing up but was aware of some comic characters not named Superman or Batman. Most notably Captain America and the Hulk, but I had heard of Iron Man and Thor. I didn't even bother seeing the first Iron Man in the theater because I was more interested in a release for later that summer, The Dark Knight (understandably so at the time). When a neighbor shared his DVD of that movie with me, I found it to be much more compelling than I expected, and I absolutely loved the end-credits thing that Marvel has become known for doing. I skipped The Incredible Hulk in the theater as well, but have seen every Marvel movie since in theaters. In that first end-credit scene in The Avengers, when we first see Thanos sitting in that floating chair, I had no idea who he was, but he sure reminded me of Darkseid, with whom I was familiar due to my interest in Superman. With that association, I figured this purple-faced dude in a chair was going to be a real bad-ass villain, and they have done a great job of building up understanding that this character is sitting out there, just waiting for the time to pounce. The anticipation for Infinity War is just about going through the roof for me now, I cannot wait. I actually told someone after the Aggies hired Jimbo that I was ready to fast-forward to next football season, although I'd need a brief stop of the time machine to the first weekend in May.
Fat Bib Fortuna
My fear for Infinity War is that the last act will be "let's all fight the CGI whatever" that was also the last act of Ironman 2, Ironman 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (how many times can Chris Pratt and Kurt Russell punch each other while flying?) and both Avengers films.

If it's the culmination of 10 years of films, I hope they can transcend that and do something really special.
FTACO97
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

My fear for Infinity War is that the last act will be "let's all fight the CGI whatever" that was also the last act of Ironman 2, Ironman 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (how many times can Chris Pratt and Kurt Russell punch each other while flying?) and both Avengers films.

If it's the culmination of 10 years of films, I hope they can transcend that and do something really special.
If that's your line in the sand for what you don't like......you might want to go ahead and temper your interest....

I don't get the hate for CGI stuff. If it's done well and looks awesome, I have no problem with it. These are comic book stories that usually require fighting hordes of aliens or robots of some kind or another. I don't expect it all to be realistic like it would exist in the real world.
rhutton125
AG
CGI robots aren't the problem with IM2's ending. The action there is pretty solid. The problem is Mickey Rourke showing up and dying within 45 seconds. Very anticlimactic.
FTACO97
AG
FTACO97 said:

wangus12 said:

Pretty amazing.

So cool. I've looked at the large photo online, looks like they had some absences. Tom Hiddleston and Josh Brolin aren't there. Probably more.
Ok, anyone else taken a look at the large photo from this shoot? There's a woman standing in the front row between Zoe Saldana and Jon Favreau....isn't that Jada Pinkett Smith? I have no idea what connection she has to Marvel...also had to look up Laurence Fishburne as he's in the photo. He's evidently in Ant-Man & Wasp.
double aught
AG
I took that post to mean that the problem is more so the repetiveness than the CGI (but overdone CGI ain't that great either).
FTACO97
AG
double aught said:

I took that post to mean that the problem is more so the repetiveness than the CGI (but overdone CGI ain't that great either).
But he didn't like the ends of IM2, Avengers or Avengers AoU and I would expect this film to have many scenes similar to the 2 Avenger films.
TCTTS
AG
I'm not sure if it's an age thing or what, but I don't know if I'd even put Infinity War in my top ten most anticipated movies ever. Heck, it may not even be in my top three this year. Does anyone around my age (late 30s) feel the same way? I'm not knocking anyone else's enthusiasm at all. I'm just genuinely curious as to whether or not this might be an age thing, as this whole cinematic universe kicked off when I was 27, a bit past my superhero movie prime.

Or maybe it has to do with cinematic quality? Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the hell out of the Marvel movies overall, and Guardians 2 was number two on my top ten list last year, but I can never seem to muster the enthusiasm for these movies in the same way I look forward to certain other blockbusters. I always love them in the theater but then never really think about them again after the fact, save for two or three that really stand out in my opinion. And I don't think this one is not going to deliver. In fact, I think it's going to be amazing. I guess I just feel that most Marvel movies - and the Avengers movies, in particular - have a ceiling in terms of cinematic quality. There's just not a lot of artistry or innovation when it comes to cinematography, practical effects, score, etc., but then again that's comparing these to Christopher Nolan blockbusters or the last few Mission: Impossible movies and that's probably not fair.
TCTTS
AG
For reference, here are what I'd consider my most anticipated movies of all time. And yes, admittedly, very few of these actually delivered on the hype...

01. The Phantom Menace
02. The Matrix Reloaded
03. The Dark Knight
04. Man of Steel
05. The Force Awakens
06. Interstellar
07. Superman Returns
08. The Social Network
09. Star Trek ('09)
10. Pearl Harbor
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm in my late 30s, but I also grew up a huge Marvel nerd.
TCTTS
AG
That might be another part of it for me. Forgot to mention that I've never read a single Marvel (or DC) comic in my life.
dcaggie04
AG
FTACO97 said:

FTACO97 said:

wangus12 said:

Pretty amazing.

Ok, anyone else taken a look at the large photo from this shoot? There's a woman standing in the front row between Zoe Saldana and Jon Favreau....isn't that Jada Pinkett Smith? I have no idea what connection she has to Marvel...also had to look up Laurence Fishburne as he's in the photo. He's evidently in Ant-Man & Wasp.
It's Angela Bassett.

Someone on Reddit was able to identify them all. Except they mistakenly labeled Sebastian Shaw as Angela Bassett also.

3rdGen2015
AG
Here's a high quality image of the shot.

(and the direct link in case TexAgs has bad compression)
Fat Bib Fortuna
FTACO97 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

If that's your line in the sand for what you don't like......you might want to go ahead and temper your interest....

I don't get the hate for CGI stuff. If it's done well and looks awesome, I have no problem with it. These are comic book stories that usually require fighting hordes of aliens or robots of some kind or another. I don't expect it all to be realistic like it would exist in the real world.
it's not the CGI i hate, it's the plot being we all fight an endless supply of whatevers to get to the end of the movie. And my interest is pretty muted already. I love Winter Solider, GOTG, Civil War, First Avenger and Ironman - the rest are more "I'll watch this on TBS in a couple of years" for me.
israeliag
AG
Hopefully they do a Star Wars style final act battle. three separate battle fields at the same time: a small personalized battle (1 v 1 or 2 v 1), a land battle, and a space battle
FTACO97
AG
In my early 40's so older than you TCTTS. I grew up a big geek, into Star Wars, GI Joe, Transformers, etc. Only comic I really collected and read growing up was GI Joe. But when Tim Burton's Batman hit, I became a huge Batman geek and have been all about that ever since. Never really read Marvel stuff, but as soon as Iron Man came out, I was hooked. I now read a lot of DC and Marvel comics. The whole MCU series of films have been huge for me.

I would only put 3 of your movies in my anticipated list: Phantom Menace, Dark Knight and Force Awakens. The others weren't such a big deal to me.

I go back and watch the MCU films often, particularly the Iron Man, Captain America and Avenger films. Also Guardians. Will likely binge the whole bunch before May.

As is often clear to me on this forum, I'm not a movie geek so I don't agree with the notion that these films aren't cinematically great. The whole bunch, to me, are the most well made comic book character films ever.
FTACO97
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

it's not the CGI i hate, it's the plot being we all fight an endless supply of whatevers to get to the end of the movie. And my interest is pretty muted already. I love Winter Solider, GOTG, Civil War, First Avenger and Ironman - the rest are more "I'll watch this on TBS in a couple of years" for me.

We'll you do have that going for you and I hope you're aware that the same guys behind those 2 are doing Infinity War and Avengers 4.
FTACO97
AG
dcaggie04 said:

It's Angela Bassett.

Someone on Reddit was able to identify them all. Except they mistakenly labeled Sebastian Shaw as Angela Bassett also.

Ah, ok. It's hard to tell even zoomed in. But I can see that now. She's got a similar hair style and look as Jada.
First Page Last Page
Page 212 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.