*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,519,734 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It wouldn't bother me if this movie was 3 hrs long
Farmer1906
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

It wouldn't bother me if this movie was 3 hrs long
Ditto. Aren't all the LotR movies 3-4? It can be done.
Fat Bib Fortuna
TexasAggie_02 said:

it'll be like Transformers: The movie, where optimus died in the opening scene.

Cue 12 year old Muck pumping his fist with tears of joy in his eyes in the theater when Optimus whispers "Arise, Rodimus Prime."

fig96
AG
Awesome read:
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/marvel-looks-back-at-iron-man-the-movie-that-started-it-all

Quote:

"There were a lot of points where the whole thing could have fallen apart, of course, starting with Iron Man," Kevin Feige said while sitting down to reflect on a decade of filmmaking from Marvel Studios for Vanity Fair's Holiday issue. Nine years and 16 movies since that first Marvel Studios effort, Feige and the rest of the team behind the first Iron Mandirector Jon Favreau, star Robert Downey Jr., and the studio's original head, Avi Aradcouldn't help but think back on the film that started it all.
rhutton125
AG
Quote:

Cue 12 year old Muck pumping his fist with tears of joy in his eyes in the theater when Optimus whispers "Arise, Rodimus Prime."

Man, that's still my reaction at age 29.

YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH!!!!
bedofbrass33
AG
That's a fantastic article. I was always a huge HP and LotR fan but turned my nose up at comics. I was just looking for something to do on a weekend and said eff it, Iron Man is the only decent movie playing. Freaking amazing movie that I still love to rewatch. What Marvel Studios has done is truly amazing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
texasaggie04
AG
israeliag said:

I keep forgetting how Disney is releasing a Marvel film on May the 4th.

Will the hold on to the Solo trailer till then?

I was thinking the same thing too. Except I wonder if it'd be a teaser for Episode 9.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Solo releases in May, not December. So, doubtful.
wangus12
AG
So telling

Quote:

The only advice [for other studios hoping to ape Marvel's success] is don't worry about the universe. Worry about the movie. We never set out to build a universe. We set out to make a great Iron Man movie.
AgMarauder04
AG
wangus12 said:

So telling

Quote:

The only advice [for other studios hoping to ape Marvel's success] is don't worry about the universe. Worry about the movie. We never set out to build a universe. We set out to make a great Iron Man movie.

There it is.

WB rushed crap to compete with the Marvel Universe.

Let's look at the DCEU

MoS- Flawed, but one of the best of the new DC
SS- bad, had to connect to universe via batman
BvS- bad, job was to set up JL
WW- GOOD. Virtually no connect to universe aside from a photo and a reminder that Diana knows Bruce
JL- LOL
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The main reason I don't like AoU or Civil War very much is because they went too far on the "episodic" side, where it felt like setup for the next phase.

I really enjoyed Dr Strange and Thor Ragnarok because they each felt like their own thing.

So, Marvel has fallen into that trap as well, let's not pretend they haven't.
fig96
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The main reason I don't like AoU or Civil War very much is because they went too far on the "episodic" side, where it felt like setup for the next phase.

I really enjoyed Dr Strange and Thor Ragnarok because they each felt like their own thing.

I think you're kinda missing the point there.

It's not that Marvel hasn't done content that's become more episodic, its that that wasn't driving what they were doing. DC has not taken that approach, from the beginning they were much more concerned with setting up their universe than making a good movie.
rhutton125
AG
I thought Civil War affected the future landscape but it didn't feel like pure sequel setup - except for, perhaps, the additions of Spider-Man and Black Panther.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I agree with you once they got into BvS. But MoS was as great a movie as Iron Man was, imo.

I'm still hoping DC will do a standalone sequel that doesn't involve the rest of the JL.
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I agree with you once they got into BvS. But MoS was as great a movie as Iron Man was, imo.

I'm still hoping DC will do a standalone sequel that doesn't involve the rest of the JL.
I have a very low opinion on MoS. It wasn't enjoyable at all.
ramblin_ag02
AG
MoS was a Superman movie by a guy that doesn't like or understand Superman. It's not a bad movie, it just completely changes Superman's personality to the point that he's a different hero.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
fig96
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think you're smoking crack, but to each their own
chipotle
MoS was 30 minutes too long...not quite transformers long but getting close.
Bobcat06
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Same here.

Also, Iron Man 2 is the worst movie in MCU because it focused too much on setting up Avengers.
jackie childs
i actually liked MoS. and I think they handled the marketing of it quite well. i loved the trailers with the crowe and costner voiceovers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Superman vs Zod is probably one of my favorite one-on-one fights in any superhero movie.

Such an awesome display of what actual superpowers might look like in the real world.
fig96
AG
Some awesome Thor artwork from a Marvel concept artist, more on his Twitter.

TexasAggie_02
AG
redline248
AG
Mmmmmm, donuts
dcaggie04
AG
redline248 said:

Mmmmmm, infinity stones
fify
TexasAggie_02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This movie might make some money.
swimmerbabe11
TexasAggie_02 said:

You're welcome. I am responsible for approximately 18% of those views.
LeonardSkinner
TexasAggie_02 said:

That's about 9.5 million views per hour; 160,000 views per minute.
Cromagnum
AG
I wonder how many views correspond to $1 in ad revenue. I wonder if it's possible for this trailer to make more money from ads than Justice League did at the box office.
Cromagnum
AG
Proxima Midnight more than likely is in this.

I fully expect to see the Black Order in this.
Cromagnum
AG
And the guy pinning down Vision by his infinity stone looks like it could be Corvus Glaive.

gougler08
AG
Cromagnum said:

Proxima Midnight more than likely is in this.

I fully expect to see the Black Order in this.
tamusc
AG
Ummm, that was already announced at D23 back in July.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/15/15977120/avengers-infinity-war-thanos-black-order
First Page Last Page
Page 204 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.