*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,519,837 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And I hope they stray far away from this plot.

Quote:

The Infinity War film will be based on the 1992 series of comics in which Earth's Mightiest Heroes come together to battle their own evil doppelgngers, which were created by the villain Magus, who wants to control the universe using the all-powerful Infinity Gauntlet. The gauntlet gets its power from six Infinity Gems, which have been scattered throughout the universe. The superhero Adam Warlock brings the gems together to complete the gauntlet, getting rid of his good and bad selves to become a completely logical being. Unfortunately, Warlock is found to be unworthy of all that power, but not before his bad self, Magus, uses the Cosmic Cubes to create evil copies of all of the superheroes and defeat the cosmic entity Eternity. The Avengers, with the help of Galactus, try to revive Eternity since they need him to petition the Living Tribunal . . .

toucan82
I am intrigued by this trailer. I will probably watch this movie at some point in a theater.
redline248
AG
Cromagnum said:

Of course Cap dies. We already saw this in Tony's vision in Age of Ultron.

That isn't necessarily a vision of the future. I'm fairly confident it was just Tony's biggest fear.
dcaggie04
AG
The film is based off of "The Infinity Gauntlet" storyline and not "The Infinity War" storyline. The latter was the sequel to the former.
jtstanley4621
AG
redline248 said:

Someone above mentioned, and I thought of it earlier when I sent the link to the trailer to some friends. I guess Marvel doesn't care if anyone hasn't seen Ragnarok yet. Bit of a spoiler there when they show Thor on the Guardians' ship.
I guess maybe the thought would be if you saw that and didn't see Ragnarok you'd think that it was a result of something that happened in Infinity Wars, not necessarily Ragnarok.
dave94
AG
I think they figure at this point spoilers aren't as much of a concern.
TCTTS
AG
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

X-Men Producer: "Hey, great news everybody...Disney bought Fox studios, so now all the X-Men characters can be part of the existing MCU!!! well, except you Quicksilver"
redline248
AG
Beast looks like Jonah Hill in Superbad
The Shank Ag
I kinda hope there's a funny scene with the guardians/Thor/one of the earthbound heroes

Something like

Thor: Midgard will be destroyed if Thanos gets the next stone
Drax: who's guarding the middle?
Stark: He means Earth
Drax: Terra?
Cap: Very terrible
Quill: No, earth is Terra
Cap: Earth is a fantastic planet
Quill: Yes it is, I was born there. We just call it Terra
Drax: I still don't understand what we are guarding
Thor: Midgard you fool
Groot: I am Groot
Quill: Exactly Groot. How is he the only one getting this? Earth is Midgard. Midgard is Terra. Terra is Earth.
Gamora: Enough!
Rocket: Thor, let me see your new eye

jackie childs
if we don't get a scene with Rocket meeting an actual racoon on Earth, then the entire MCU becomes a complete and utter failure to me
wangus12
AG
Cromagnum said:

Well they were al dead in that vision
TexasAggie_02
AG
jackie childs said:

if we don't get a scene with Rocket meeting an actual racoon on Earth, then the entire MCU becomes a complete and utter failure to me
it has to be rummaging through the trash though.

maybe they can have captions like The Great Outdoors
Cromagnum
AG
wangus12 said:

Cromagnum said:

Well they were al dead in that vision

And that's probably what happens too.
TexasAggie_02
AG
it'll be like Transformers: The movie, where optimus died in the opening scene.

TCTTS
AG
To this day, nothing has ever hit me harder in a movie. Witnessed that in the theater and it absolutely rocked my world. Honestly shocked that none of these franchises since have really tried to replicate what his death and that movie did for that franchise. It reinvented so many characters and even though it was all obviously driven by the need for new toys, it worked brilliantly.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I was 6, and dumbfounded as hell when that happened.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Starting to think this might be able to top TFA's opening weekend.
TCTTS
AG
Was kind of starting to think the same thing. But does this bring in the female and older (50+) demos in the same way Star Wars does?
TCTTS
AG
In other words, Star Wars feels just a BIT more family friendly, but I could be wrong.
double aught
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

it'll be like Transformers: The movie, where optimus died in the opening scene.

Too soon
TXAG 05
AG
I would say that Star Wars has a much broader audience, plus a bigger percentage that have to see it in the theater.

I have yet to see a single Marvel movie in the theater, I like them, I just don't have to see them right away. This movie is no different, I'll see it when I see it. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.
swimmerbabe11
TCTTS said:

Was kind of starting to think the same thing. But does this bring in the female and older (50+) demos in the same way Star Wars does?

My mom kept falling asleep, waking up and asking "Is that Luke Skywalker"
and once "have they invented guns in the future yet?" during a lightsaber fight.

like every ten minutes. Including (and loudest) during the big scene with Han Solo that is very important and I'm trying not to spoil it just in case. 3 people groaned and I started laughing so hard.
Bruce Almighty
AG
TCTTS said:

I don't see this breaking TFA. The hype for that movie was through the roof. When the trailer hit, it was all that was talked about for days, not just on the internet, but on tv. News shows dedicated time slots to it. I don't see that happening with this.
Cromagnum
AG
This will be a big movie for summer blockbuster season. It easily beats out all other marvel flicks so far.

I've seen trolls online that said the trailer for this will generate more money via ad revenue than Justice League did at the box office. LOL
TCTTS
AG
It'll rule the summer, no doubt, and almost assuredly beat out Solo: A Star Wars Story, which hits just three weeks later. The only other legit challengers next summer are Deadpool 2, The Incredibles 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Mission: Impossible 6. Those first three, at least, will obviously have massive opening weekends, but I just can't see any of them coming within $25M or so of Infinity War.
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BcGcUtIlJva
israeliag
AG
I keep forgetting how Disney is releasing a Marvel film on May the 4th.

Will the hold on to the Solo trailer till then?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Having Pratt, Evans, Hemsworth, and Ruffalo in the same movie is just cheating. Ridiculously charismatic people.
AgMarauder04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Having Pratt, Evans, Hemsworth, and Ruffalo in the same movie is just cheating. Ridiculously charismatic people.

Don't you dare forget about Evans' beard.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I just want to see Iron Man's reaction to Groot.
3rdGen2015
AG
Spiderman's reaction to Groot and Rocket is going to be great
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tony Stark interacting with Starlord. Can't wait.
swimmerbabe11
Rocket and Hulk
Cromagnum
AG
Rocket seeing a real raccoon would be amazing. Gotta bring back the trash panda reference somehow.
First Page Last Page
Page 203 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.