*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,520,125 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
jtstanley4621
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whos Juan said:

TCTTS said:

I truly wonder how some of you go through life recognizing other human beings. One thing this board has taught me over the years is that there is apparently a decent-sized swath of humanity who can hardly tell one blonde celebrity from another, and same with brunettes.

I'm awful at recognizing celebrities. I once met Randy Travis, while wearing a Randy Travis t-shirt, an didn't realize I was talking to Randy Travis.
In my head I want him to be wearing a shirt that has his own face on it and "RANDY TRAVIS" underneath it in all caps
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

It's going to need to be a 6 hour movie.
And I'll be sitting there for the entire 6 hours and will see it several times in the theater. My level of anticipation for this movie is rivaling The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith.
FTACO97
AG
I think they're just giving us images of the characters from previous films as to not spoil anything (i.e. Thor's look vs how he is at the end of Ragnarok). Although, time travel is pretty much a given at this point (after Dr Strange)....so anything is possible.
TexasAggie_02
AG
FTACO97 said:

I think they're just giving us images of the characters from previous films as to not spoil anything (i.e. Thor's look vs how he is at the end of Ragnarok). Although, time travel is pretty much a given at this point (after Dr Strange)....so anything is possible.
it's a mix of old (like Capt's old uni and no beard, baby groot) and new (scar jo's hair, evangeline in wasp suit)
MooreTrucker
AG
And according to the article, some modifications to others like War Machine and Vision.
dvldog
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Seems pretty spare to have either Pepper Potts or Mrs Barton in there unless something about this movie drastically changes.

Pepper Potts has her own superpowers now after IM3, correct?
Farmer1906
AG
dvldog said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Seems pretty spare to have either Pepper Potts or Mrs Barton in there unless something about this movie drastically changes.

Yeah... that was weird. One of the reasons i didn't like IM3 that much.
BigTimeAlum
AG
dvldog said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

No, I thought they reversed that in the end....

Haven't rewatched though
TexasAggie_02
AG
dvldog said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

no, in the ending monologue he said that he "got Pepper sorted out."

AliasMan02
AG
They reversed them.
dvldog
AG
Forgot about that. Thanks.
TCTTS
AG
MooreTrucker
AG
OK, I know two of those at first glance (Scarlett and Pom). Not sure about any of the others. I guess the one with the goofy grin is Evangeline?
JAggie2007
AG
Karen Gillan has the longest arms I've ever seen.
MooreTrucker
AG
Her arms are almost as long as Scarlett is tall. I never realized she was that short.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

Does anyone really have an issue with how women are portrayed in Marvel movies? Maybe there should have been a female lead earlier, but Marvel puts some very strong women on screen.
3rdGen2015
AG
Best I can do without looking any of them up. I'm sure I butchered some names. From left to right:

Zoe Saldana (Gamora, GotG)
Tessa Thompson (Valkyrie, Ragnarok)
?
ScarJo
?
Karen Gillan (Nebula, GotG)
Evangelline Lilly (Wasp, upcoming Antman and the Wasp)
? (Mantis, GotG?)
Rapier108
MooreTrucker said:

OK, I know two of those at first glance (Scarlett and Pom). Not sure about any of the others. I guess the one with the goofy grin is Evangeline?
From left to right.

Zoe Saldana
Tessa Thompson
Brie Larson? (Only one I'm not sure)
Scarlett Johansson
Danai Gurira
Karen Gillan
Evangeline Lilly
Pom Klementieff
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
MooreTrucker
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Best I can do without looking any of them up. I'm sure I butchered some names. From left to right:

Zoe Saldana (Gamora, GotG)
Tessa Thompson (Valkyrie, Ragnarok)
?
ScarJo
? (Black Panther?)
Karen Gillan (Nebula, GotG)
Evangelline Lilly (Wasp, upcoming Antman and the Wasp)
Pom Klementieff(Mantis, GotG?)
MooreTrucker
AG
Rapier108 said:

MooreTrucker said:

From left to right.

Zoe Saldana
Tessa Thompson
Bree Larson? (Only one I'm not sure)
Scarlett Johansson
Danai Gurira
Karen Gillan
Evangeline Lilly
Pom Klementieff

Rapier108
Bah, I hate making typos.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TCTTS
AG
The black woman is the one with dreads from The Walking Dead. I think she plays Black Panther's sister.
TCTTS
AG
And yes, that's Brie Larson third from the left.
TCTTS
AG
Is someone complaining? It's just a cool pic and the tweet is pointing out that cast would make one hell of a movie.
TCTTS
AG
And to be clear, I think Tessa Thompson is the one who pitched that basic all-female cast/movie to Fiege, who said he's considering it, apparently. Hence the photo.
swimmerbabe11
I mean, it would be fun, but the only thing I can really imagine is some Sex and the City 2 type of thing where they all ditch the boys to go on vacation and hijinx ensue

dave94
AG
I'd pay to see that.
MooreTrucker
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I mean, it would be fun, but the only thing I can really imagine is some Sex and the City 2 type of thing where they all ditch the boys to go on vacation and hijinx ensue

Scarlett has already done one of those

fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

The black woman is the one with dreads from The Walking Dead. I think she plays Black Panther's sister.
She'll actually be one of his bodyguards. Great casting as she's a badass on TWD.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

Marvel should make a film about these badass characters banding together to track down and kill a fat, disgusting space alien named H.A.R.V.E.Y.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

Marvel should make a film about these badass characters banding together to track down and kill a fat, disgusting space alien named H.A.R.V.E.Y.

Marvel already has someone kinda like that...
nickstro66
AG
Seeing on the Twitter that the Infinity War trailer is coming on Thursday. Hope it's true!
AgMarauder04
AG
nickstro66 said:

Seeing on the Twitter that the Infinity War trailer is coming on Thursday. Hope it's true!
Before or after the BOR meeting to approve a new football coach contract?
nickstro66
AG
Good question
hurleyag
AG
Is this likely going to be the same trailer that was leaked earlier but removed?
First Page Last Page
Page 197 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.