*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,520,186 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
rhutton125
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Same - not upset, but at this point the only news will be set photo type news. And where every scene for Avengers 4 can spoil Infinity War, I gotta bow out.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
(Likely means trailer this week, btw.)
TexasAggie_02
AG
if anyone is curious, this is what was in the longer of the 2 vids:

SPOILER

Star Lord, Gamora, Drax and Mantis (no Rocket or Groot b/c no special effects have been added yet) are slowly walking into the Collectors' place. Thanos is interrogating the Collector. The Collector says that he no longer has the Aether, that he didn't realize what it was, and that he sold it. As they are sneaking in, Star Lord raises his fist, signaling everyone to stop, but they don't know what it means and they walk right past him.

Scenes with Thanos are blacked out, b/c effects have not been applied yet. There is a split second shot of the Collector lying on the floor with Thanos' foot on his chest. Again, no special effects so the foot is just a mo-cap suit. Drax realizes that is is Thanos, and pulls his knives out and says something to the effect that he will finally avenge his family. Quin and Gamora are freaking out and whispering at him to stop. End Scene

Since this is pre-special effects, I bet someone gets fired over this

Farmer1906
AG
I spy a hammer.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I spy a hammer.
what if Dr Strange puts it back together with the Eye of Aga-whatever time stone? You can unwind time in a little bubble without effecting everything around it.

TexasAggie_02
AG
hmm, is JB Weld worthy?

Also, Thor has both eyes on that cover
TCTTS
AG
jtstanley4621
AG
TCTTS said:

It's fascinating to think where they'll take the MCU after that movie is done/what actors may or may not return after their movie contracts expire.

I personally do not want to see another Iron Man other than Downey Jr. He just IS Tony Stark.
TCTTS
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Baby groot?
TexasAggie_02
AG
also, Cap is clean shaven and wearing his Winter Soldier uni

AliasMan02
AG
Not everyone is even on there.

Took me a second to recognize Brie Larson, bottom left standing by Maria Hill. That's who that is, right?

There is a lot of misdirection on that image and in the covers, I think. Not giving away some of the new uniforms, at least.
jtstanley4621
AG
It is kind of funny thinking about how many box office records Infinity War will absolutely blow out of the water.
TexasAggie_02
AG
not Brie. Hawkeye's wife

swimmerbabe11
Shouldn't baby groot be like at least toddler groot by now?
AliasMan02
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Definitely will be. That was just his last depiction, bonus scene excluded. I expect many characters won't look like that in the movie.
Andyzipp
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Took me a second to recognize Brie Larson, bottom left standing by Maria Hill. That's who that is, right?
That's Linda Cardellini. Clint Barton's wife.
TexasAggie_02
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

yes, that's why I'm confused. GOTG 2 takes place before Civil War. I thought the purpose of the teenage groot post credit scene was to establish that time has passed and we'd get a bigger groot for Infinity War.
wangus12
AG
No Sharon Carter in those photos either. You know Cap took her home after Civil War so its odd she won't be in Infinity Wars
Farmer1906
AG
So time travel is confirmed.
jtstanley4621
AG
Hmmm.... Is that Hela I see next to Valkyrie?

If so, the whole "her being the physical embodiment of death that Thanos is in love with" (if they choose to do that in the movie) theory might be correct.
wangus12
AG
Just so everyone can see better. It isn't Hela and it isn't Brie Larson aka Capt. Marvel. That is Linda Cardellini who plays Hawkeye's wife.

TCTTS
AG
I truly wonder how some of you go through life recognizing other human beings. One thing this board has taught me over the years is that there is apparently a decent-sized swath of humanity who can hardly tell one blonde celebrity from another, and same with brunettes.
dcaggie04
AG
Brie Larson is not in any of the photos.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Black Widow as a blonde now instead of a redhead?

Comics continuity be damned:
MooreTrucker
AG
Supposedly a disguise since she's on the run after Civil War.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
(Basically, it's looking like Thursday.)
TCTTS
AG
Quad Dog
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Supposedly a disguise since she's on the run after Civil War.
Obviously, it is a great disguise.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

I truly wonder how some of you go through life recognizing other human beings. One thing this board has taught me over the years is that there is apparently a decent-sized swath of humanity who can hardly tell one blonde celebrity from another, and same with brunettes.

In my defense, that photo of her is tiny and Mrs. Barton isn't someone that jumped to mind as the subject of this photo shoot.
swimmerbabe11
Seems pretty spare to have either Pepper Potts or Mrs Barton in there unless something about this movie drastically changes.

It's going to need to be a 6 hour movie.
Whos Juan
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm awful at recognizing celebrities. I once met Randy Travis, while wearing a Randy Travis t-shirt, an didn't realize I was talking to Randy Travis.
TCTTS
AG
That's amazing.
First Page Last Page
Page 196 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.