*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,520,248 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by The Porkchop Express
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

For those who haven't read the article, it's basically saying that the proposed deal would see the movie division (20th Century Fox) and the television divisions (Fox Network, Star, and Sky) sell to Disney, while 21st Century Fox would retain Fox News and Fox Sports, and those would be their sole focus.
I don't think this is right. It says they wouldn't go after the TV broadcasting of Fox.

Quote:

The company could not own two broadcast networks and would therefore not buy the Fox broadcast network. It would not buy Fox's sports programming assets in the belief that combining them with ESPN could be seen as anti-competitive from an antitrust standpoint and it would not buy the Fox News or Business channel. Disney would also not purchase Fox's local broadcasting affiliates, according to people familiar with the negotiations.
TCTTS
AG
You're right, I misread. So would this deal only be for their movies, basically?
AgMarauder04
AG
Movies and non news/sports cable channels it looks like...Sky/Star/FX/etc

Just not Fox Broadcast/News/Sports/Business.
TCTTS
AG
Gotcha. Wow, that'd be weird if FX was Disney and Fox Broadcast was still Fox.
wangus12
AG
As excited as I would be for Marvel to get X-Men, I'm can only see Jackman as Wolverine and refuse to accept a new actor
tamusc
AG
wangus12 said:

As excited as I would be for Marvel to get X-Men, I'm can only see Jackman as Wolverine and refuse to accept a new actor

What about x-23?
SeattleAgJr
tamusc said:

wangus12 said:

What about x-23?
still not Wolverine.
Liquid Wrench
You know if Marvel got Wolverine it would be young James Howlet struggling with his teenage identity and learning not to trust his best friend.
rhutton125
AG
Nah - go with a 5'4 actor and we won't see them as the same Wolverine.
fig96
AG
Maybe not...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-06/disney-looked-at-buying-most-of-fox-talks-now-dead-cnbc-says
AliasMan02
AG
Ugh

rhutton125
AG
Someone kill Sony.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Does Morbius even rate D-rank in the Marvel Universe? That's some fine barrel scraping right there. I call Stilt-man next (or maybe Lady Stilt-man?)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rhutton125
AG
Actually, I just thought of something. IIRC the Sony deal with Marvel is good for 3 team-up films (Civil War, Infinity War, Avengers 4) and 3 Spider-Man films (Homecoming in 2017, sequel in 2019, and then TBD).

It pains me to think that, just when we're all getting used to the idea of Spidey in the MCU, Sony could yank him back to their own, ****ty universe that already has villains and supporting characters established. I assume Tom Holland will have the choice of either retiring from being Spider-Man or signing into a long-term deal with Sony. And he'll be like 25 years old at that time.

Could Sony come out of this ahead, even though nobody thinks it's a good idea? Vomit.
Clem
Kind of random, but I've always thought this dude would make a good Wolverine. He isn't an actor, though. About the right height (5'6"), super athletic, angry competitor, the right look, and he has Canadian roots.

Bruce Almighty
AG
Reviews for Punisher are now coming and saying it's just ok. A couple said the show was boring. I hope that's not true because that's what I've thought about the last three.
israeliag
AG
Saw a summary that noted there are too many episodes. How has Netflix/Marvel not figured this out yet? That was the case for all the series except Defenders. Save some money, leave out the fluff, and make it more enjoyable.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Ugh

F*** you, Sony.

You go to hell. You go to hell and you die.

Here's my treatment of how this script should go:

Morbius: "Hello, I am Morbius, the Living Vampire."
Blade: "It's open season on all suckheads" <slices him in half>
End credits.

There. I just saved the world from this movie.
israeliag
AG

----
Edit: NSFW for language

It's like he made this just for me
double aught
AG
Pretty funny.

FYI, NSFW.
swimmerbabe11
Anyone watching this? I don't have Hulu

fig96
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Anyone watching this? I don't have Hulu

Planning to, may check out the first episode tonight. Will report back when I do.
wesag
AG
Clem said:

Kind of random, but I've always thought this dude would make a good Wolverine. He isn't an actor, though. About the right height (5'6"), super athletic, angry competitor, the right look, and he has Canadian roots.

Thanks random dude. They didn't have a good actor for Wolverine already.
SeattleAgJr

<spoilers> It is a joke </spoliers>
TCTTS
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
just saw Thor, loved it.

Spoiler

I wonder if/when they did any reshoots. The original trailer showed hela destroying mjolnir in a new york alley, not out in a field.
tamusc
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

just saw Thor, loved it.

Spoiler

I wonder if/when they did any reshoots. The original trailer showed hela destroying mjolnir in a new york alley, not out in a field.

That scene was shot on a green screen set and they just swapped out the surroundings in post.
fig96
AG
Massive sale at ComiXology right now on tons of collected titles for anyone looking for reading material (Marvel and DC)
Saxsoon
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

<spoilers> It is a joke </spoliers>

That ****'s funny right there
Living Legend
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Reviews for Punisher are now coming and saying it's just ok. A couple said the show was boring. I hope that's not true because that's what I've thought about the last three.

I thought the punisher was the best thing Marvel put out this year. *shrugs*
MBAR
AG
I enjoyed it but I don't think it's a better overall work than either Thor or Spiderman.
AggieLitigator
Some scenes from infinity war trailer leaked. They were taken down off YouTube pretty quick but I got to see one of the scenes. It's going to be amazing. Thanos and the Collector were in this scene...
TexasAggie_02
AG
AggieLitigator said:

Some scenes from infinity war trailer leaked. They were taken down off YouTube pretty quick but I got to see one of the scenes. It's going to be amazing. Thanos and the Collector were in this scene...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/7fpsve/spoilers_leaked_infinity_war_clips_stringed/

Links are in the comments if you are so inclined.
fig96
AG
Have a friend at a VFX firm working on Infinity War.

Quote:

Just saw 2 sequences from the avengers infinity war movie

The scale for this movie is unlike anything that's been tackled on film before
texasaggie04
AG
AggieLitigator said:

Ugh. Didn't realize I would need to start avoiding the entire Internet so early... Goodbye, outside world!
First Page Last Page
Page 195 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.