*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,520,327 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by The Porkchop Express
Bobcat06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
israeliag said:

Please dear God give us a Revengers-Guardians meet-cute
It's the opening shot of the IW teaser.
TCTTS
AG
Which reminds me... wasn't there an end credits scene for Guardians 2 that had the team coming across Thor in space and taking him aboard their ship? Or did I dream that?
TCTTS
AG
That's what I'm thinking of!
Farmer1906
AG
TCTTS said:

Which reminds me... wasn't there an end credits scene for Guardians 2 that had the team coming across Thor in space and taking him aboard their ship? Or did I dream that?

Leaked trailer
Bruce Almighty
AG
TCTTS said:

Must have been a dream. There was teen Groot, the creation of Adam and Stallone's character partying.
israeliag
AG
And that's why I don't watch trailers/teasers
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Bobcat06 said:

israeliag said:

Which I'm shocked we didn't finally get to see before Ragnarok. Dropping that trailer on us with this movie would have been HUGE!

Hell, Marvel could have even done a post-movie trailer. That would have been awesome and a very Marvel thing to do..."you thought the movie was over? Well, here's another trailer!!!"
Bobcat06
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Bobcat06 said:

israeliag said:

Which I'm shocked we didn't finally get to see before Ragnarok. Dropping that trailer on us with this movie would have been HUGE!

Hell, Marvel could have even done a post-movie trailer. That would have been awesome and a very Marvel thing to do..."you thought the movie was over? Well, here's another trailer!!!"
A trailer with a spoiler to the movie you're about to watch?

I doubt that would go over well
jtstanley4621
AG
Really enjoyed Ragnarok. It was a lot of fun.

A somewhat funny Marvel movie experience nowadays is seeing nobody in the theatre move a muscle when the credits start to roll, because we all know the mid-credits scene is coming.
Simplebay
AG
My updated list

Tier 1: Must watches
1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. The Avengers

Tier 2: Great movie, but fatigue sets in keeping it from the top level
4. Spider-Man: Homecoming
5. Captain America: Civil War
6. Iron Man
7. Thor Ragnorak

Tier 3 - Solid watches
8. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
9. Captain America: The First Avenger
10. Doctor Strange
11. Ant Man

Tier 4: Just not quite up to snuff, fatigue in full effect
12. Avengers: Age of Ultron
13. Thor
14. Iron Man 3

Tier 5: It's a miss
15. The Incredible Hulk
16. Iron Man 2
17. Thor: The Dark World
TCTTS
AG
They have to advertise Black Panther first and foremost. The IW trailer will almost assuredly be with The Last Jedi. Besides, Disney has got in the habit of basically releasing Star Wars trailers with Marvel movies and Marvel trailers with Star Wars movies.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
This could very well mean X-Men to Disney/Marvel.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

came here to post this...would be crazy
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

And Disney would get the rights to the original SW trilogy?
TajMaballer
AG
TCTTS said:

Personally, I'm more excited at the prospect of the Fantastic Four rights coming to the MCU. Doom, Silver Surfer, and Galactus would be huge moving forward with future phases.
TCTTS
AG
I could be wrong, but I think Disney owns The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. A New Hope might be the only one Fox owns outright still, but don't quote me on that. Or maybe Fox still owns all three, but there are more restrictions/protections on A New Hope than the others. It's something along those lines.
israeliag
AG
Could we get the 20th Century Fox fanfare before the new Star Wars movie, too????
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

It would be a Christmas miracle!
Sex Panther
AG
Darth Pool
jtstanley4621
AG
We're getting closer and closer to this being a real thing:

jackie childs
TCTTS said:

Fantastic Four as well, right?
TCTTS
AG
Yes. Anything X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool. Spidey would still be part of the Sony/Disney deal, though.
TCTTS
AG
For those who haven't read the article, it's basically saying that the proposed deal would see the movie division (20th Century Fox) and the television divisions (Fox Network, Star, and Sky) sell to Disney, while 21st Century Fox would retain Fox News and Fox Sports, and those would be their sole focus.
toucan82
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

would they also have to take the prequels?
rhutton125
AG
Just getting the Fantastic Four would be a cream dream, but the possibilities with the X-Men would be pretty limitless.

Consider:
Hulk vs the Thing
Wolverine vs Captain America
Iron Man vs Magneto
The Avengers vs Doctor Doom

You'd have crossovers and villains and stories to last a decade, and that's not even considering popular characters like Deadpool.

Also, it would give the Fox characters something they haven't had yet: a plan. Imagine X-Men stories that flow and develop and have storylines that last more than 1 film, outside of Wolverine being sad and Xavier and Magneto being friends.

My nerd pants are flying
AliasMan02
AG
Giving the MCU access to the villains of the Fox franchises would be the biggest "get." Well, that and Wolverine.

Also, just to throw this out there to see how it tastes:

X-Men. Netflix. Series.
MBAR
AG
Sorry but Xmen are too huge for a netflix series. You're not keeping Magneto confined to Netflix. Maybe some of the other x men related teams but no way the main xmen are Ok on netflix.
SeattleAgJr
MCU Phase IV: Secret Wars (the original)
fig96
AG
MBAR said:

Sorry but Xmen are too huge for a netflix series. You're not keeping Magneto confined to Netflix. Maybe some of the other x men related teams but no way the main xmen are Ok on netflix.
Runaways will be a Hulu series in a few weeks

I do agree the main X-Men is a feature film property, but I think you could spin off some more minor characters into some really interesting Netflix type series.
dave94
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

MCU Phase IV: Secret Wars (the original)
jtstanley4621
AG
It is really interesting to think about what they're gonna do in the future. Comic book story arcs can get absolutely wild.

But then you look at Guardians of the Galaxy, and I remember hearing about that and thinking "okay this is where the movies start to go downhill" and GOTG was of course the opposite of that, and you think that as long as it's done well these movies basically print money.

They're gonna do some crazy stuff, and I'm all for it.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
toucan82 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

would they also have to take the prequels?
I believe they already did. I know they didn't get rights to A New Hope, not sure about The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi.
fig96
AG
Speaking of Runaways...

double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

For those who haven't read the article, it's basically saying that the proposed deal would see the movie division (20th Century Fox) and the television divisions (Fox Network, Star, and Sky) sell to Disney, while 21st Century Fox would retain Fox News and Fox Sports, and those would be their sole focus.
So why would they sell their movie division? I would assume it's pretty lucrative. Plus, to me, 20th Century Fox is the first thing I think of whenever I hear Fox. They'd be giving up their identity.
First Page Last Page
Page 194 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.