*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,521,056 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by The Porkchop Express
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggie1906 said:

GOTG V2 is out today.
Bought the digital 4k, first one Disney/Marvel has done.
Farmer1906
AG
Where did you get it from?
fig96
AG
aggie1906 said:

https://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/839752/Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol-2

It will theoretically sync to Disney Movies Anywhere so you can watch the HD version in iTunes as well, but my account is having synching issues at the moment.
tamusc
AG
fig96 said:

aggie1906 said:

https://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/839752/Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol-2

It will theoretically sync to Disney Movies Anywhere so you can watch the HD version in iTunes as well, but my account is having synching issues at the moment.

Shoot, I completely forgot about that.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I read something last night about the Soul Stone perhaps being in Wakanda and a plot point in the upcoming Black Panther movie.

This is the last of the Stones, correct?
MooreTrucker
AG
There's a "that's racist" joke there....
redline248
AG
MooreTrucker said:

There's a "that's racist" joke there....
TCTTS
AG
rhutton125
AG
My money's still on Thor: Ragnarok for the soul stone. My guess is still that it's the prison that has kept Hela away for centuries, and/or the source of her ability to raise soldiers from the dead.
TajMaballer
AG
I'm betting Heimdall, since he can see the souls of everyone in the 9 realms.

Also, Idris Elba alone is an Infinity Stone for Stringer Bell alone.
OnlyForNow
AG
TajMaballer said:

I'm betting Heimdall, since he can see the souls of everyone in the 9 realms.

Also, Idris Elba alone is an Infinity Stone for Stringer Bell alone.
The stone may well house Hela and be under that watchful eye of Heimdall
Bobcat06
AG
****Spoiler***

That guy looks familiar....

jtstanley4621
AG
God, I want that movie to come out right this second. I feel like everything that comes out about it makes me more intrigued to see it. Impatience will be the death of me.
fig96
AG
This is looking more and more insane and I can't freakin' wait.
KidDoc
AG
Defenders on Netflix tomorrow! Will be interesting to see how it goes considering how up & down the Marvel world has been on Netflix.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Farmer1906
AG
It is at an 83% on RT. I skimmed a few reviews. Seems like most like it, but don't consider it anything special.
jabberwalkie09
AG
As long as it's a step up from Iron Fist and Luke Cage, I'll be fine with it.
Farmer1906
AG
For comparison

Movie Critics (Fans)
Iron Fist 17% (78%)
Luke Cage 96% (79%)
Jessica Jones 92% (89%
Daredevil S2 74% (94%)
Daredevil S1 98% (96%)

I am shocked IF wasn't rated lower by fans. The gap between LC critics & fans is interesting too.
Sex Panther
AG
I'm so apathetic towards Defenders due to the utter garbage that Luke Cage and Iron Fist were.

If it weren't for Daredevil I'd consider flat out skipping it
rhutton125
AG
I'd read that the fights were more on par with Daredevils than Iron Fists, so that has me optimistic. The fights in LC and IF were dog****.
fig96
AG
I think I liked Luke Cage more than most, I didn't hate Iron First either but it was definitely a mixed bag. There was one really solid story arc (6-9 maybe?) and a few great fight scenes (the Drunken Master homage) but it didn't live up to the better Marvel/Netflix series.

Really looking forward to Defenders, fingers crossed.
ramblin_ag02
AG
I hope they make Danny Rand a joke, and only keep him around to punch down stationary doors and be a human flashlight
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Hulla Baller
AG
I would think Danny is the best fighter out of all of the defenders. He may whine and complain whenever he talks but I think he could beat Daredevil in a fist fight.
Sex Panther
AG
Hulla Baller said:

I would think Danny is the best fighter out of all of the defenders. He may whine and complain whenever he talks but I think he could beat Daredevil in a fist fight.

He's supposed to be... but Ser Loras couldn't fight his way out of a petting zoo
rhutton125
AG
They should have put a mask on him from the get-go and used a stunt double. Problem solved.

Maybe he'll come out looking like a better fighter by the end of Defenders. Here's hoping!
KidDoc
AG
Hulla Baller said:

I dunno Luke with his skin would just smash any of them I think. They couldn't really hurt him unless they poke him in the eyes.
Hulla Baller
AG
Luke definitely could just smash all of them but my point is the Danny is the best fighter as far as skill. I'm hoping the actor actually did some training so we can get some better fight scenes.
YouBet
AG
Farmer1906 said:

For comparison

Movie Critics (Fans)
Iron Fist 17% (78%)
Luke Cage 96% (79%)
Jessica Jones 92% (89%
Daredevil S1 74% (94%)
Daredevil S1 98% (96%)

I am shocked IF wasn't rated lower by fans. The gap between LC critics & fans is interesting too.

Incredible virtue signaling. DD S1 being that much lower than LC and JJ is just laughable. I guess they felt they got it out of the way with S1 and then rated the way they wanted to with S2.

I will give Defenders a shot for sure just based on DD, Kingpin, and The Punisher assuming the latter two are in it.
Bruce Almighty
AG
YouBet said:

Farmer1906 said:

For comparison

Movie Critics (Fans)
Iron Fist 17% (78%)
Luke Cage 96% (79%)
Jessica Jones 92% (89%
Daredevil S1 74% (94%)
Daredevil S1 98% (96%)

Incredible virtue signaling. DD S1 being that much lower than LC and JJ is just laughable. I guess they felt they got it out of the way with S1 and then rated the way they wanted to with S2.

I will give Defenders a shot for sure just based on DD, Kingpin, and The Punisher assuming the latter two are in it.

I think that's a typo. DD S2 was rated lower.
Farmer1906
AG
Sorry season 2 was the lower of the scores. I'll edit.
rhutton125
AG
This gives me hope: http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/08/17/finn-jones-comes-to-iron-fists-rescue-before-the-defenders-debuts

I'm sure Finn Jones is still no stuntman, but it's good to know that he's had more time to prepare and practice - and with what's probably a better choreography group than before, as well.
YouBet
AG
That article is refreshing and thanks for the correction on the show ratings.
tremble
AG
Finally saw GOTG 2, what a fantastic and fun movie. Some seriously funny scenes and a lot of great moments.

Definitely enjoyed it quite a bit more than Strange and Ant Man.
rhutton125
AG
It's better than I thought the first time, definitely. Saw it again last night.

Side note... It never ceases to amaze me how much better these films look on BluRay vs theaters. I feel like the colors and action were so bland on the big screen.
Karrde
AG
Some folks speculated that critics generally rate based on the first few episodes of a series. Hence rating Luke Cage highly because the first few episodes were so strong.
First Page Last Page
Page 188 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.