*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,344,144 Views | 27127 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by TCTTS
dave94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hurleyag
AG
Homecoming is post Civil War, right?
TexasAggie_02
AG
hurleyag said:

Homecoming is post Civil War, right?
yes, b/c he was running around in the homemade suit until Tony Stark finds him and starts supplying him.
hurleyag
AG
I guess I meant does it start after Civil War. Like is the first of the movie going to be after the airport battle?
jackie childs
hurleyag said:

I guess I meant does it start after Civil War. Like is the first of the movie going to be after the airport battle?
I'm not sure we know how it starts, but there's a scene in one of the trailers where he's watching a clip of the airport battle in class, right?
fig96
AG
Definitely milking the Avengers connection there
Whos Juan
AG
GOTG2 tickets on sale today
https://www.cinemark.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2
https://drafthouse.com/dfw/show/2d-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol.-2
fig96
AG
Whos Juan said:

GOTG2 tickets on sale today
https://www.cinemark.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2
https://drafthouse.com/dfw/show/2d-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol.-2
Thanks! Totally getting a glass.

israeliag
AG
Tickets purchased!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Dammit, couldn't get good seats for the Thursday XD showing, so instead got them for Friday night.
Farmer1906
AG
I got reserved seats for Thursday.
SeattleAgJr
TexasAggie_02 said:

SeattleAgJr
fan made before anyone asks.
TajMaballer
AG
jeffk
AG
Vulture looks actually menacing.
TexasAggie_02
AG
M.C. Swag
AG
Is that real or fan made?
TexasAggie_02
AG
got it from here

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/61p962/new_thor_ragnarok_promotional_art/
TexasAggie_02
AG
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/03/27/sneak-peek-michael-keaton-is-vulture-in-spider-man-homecoming/99534662/

Quote:

He might have a cool name but Michael Keaton's bad guy in Spider-Man: Homecoming (in theaters July 7) differs from the likes of Avengers villains Loki and Thanos in one important sense: He's an everyman.

"My whole approach for this movie is that we've seen the penthouse level of the (Marvel) universe," says director Jon Watts (Cop Car). "We've seen what it's like to be a billionaire inventor and to be a Norse god. We've seen the very top of this world. But we've never seen what it's like to be just a regular joe."
Quote:

Fourteen previous Marvel films have seen a number of huge superhero battles leave a ton of destruction in their wake, and Adrian Toomes (Keaton) is a blue-collar sort who runs a New York salvaging company that cleans up after these messes. However, he becomes irked when after one altercation, a new government organization, founded by A-list businessman Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), steps in to take over.
benMath08
AG
M.C. Swag said:

I was wondering that too. Thor doesn't look like Chris Hemsworth and there's no copyright or trademark symbol anywhere on the poster, or even anything to denote that it's a movie other than the title matching the movie.
AliasMan02
AG
benMath08 said:

M.C. Swag said:

I was wondering that too. Thor doesn't look like Chris Hemsworth and there's no copyright or trademark symbol anywhere on the poster, or even anything to denote that it's a movie other than the title matching the movie.

I asked my buddy who does art for Marvel if he knows who did it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Avengers react to Justice League Trailer

AliasMan02
AG
My buddy at Marvel said he thinks it's fan made.
TCTTS
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG

hurleyag
AG
That seems to answer my question and it looks to be completely after Civil War.
Farmer1906
AG
Damn I feel like that showed entirely too much.
gougler08
AG
How so?
M.C. Swag
AG
I kinda agree with him.

They pretty much show the entire arc of the story. Spider man gets reprimanded by Tony and has his suit taken away leading him on a path of redemption. They also showed vulture in his 'final form' and multiple action sets that is entirely gratuitous. I'm sure there's a few more surprises in there (i hope), but showing Iron Man, Vulture, and what appears to be the entire story arc was too much for me.

I'll still see it opening weekend though!
GiveEmHellBill
AG

This movie just jumped up to my most-anticipated film of the year. That was un-be-lieve-able. I had no clue that this movie was going to be this heavy. I thought it was going to be more like a John Hughes movie with a supervillain. Teen angst and not fitting in and sh*t. This is much, much better because we've already seen that.

I have to be the first to say this: Michael Keaton is going to be the best Marvel villain behind Loki. He looked incredible. I could be wrong and his character may have little motivation, but acting-wise, he looks like he's bringing his A game to this. I was so happy to see his scenes. Please give this man more roles. Let him star in Fargo season 4.

Did it give away too much? Maybe, but I don't really care. That was incredible.
rhutton125
AG
A few thoughts.

1) Yes this did reveal a lot, but I think the heart of the film will be more like the first trailer. High school drama, and then some big action set pieces.

2) We also haven't seen much at all from Shocker, Tinkerer, whoever Donald Glover is playing and whoever Logan Marshall-Green is playing.

3) I like the idea of more villains, and blue collar ones at that. With the exception of Loki, every MCU movie villain has been accounted for. They're introduced and they're killed or captured. Perhaps this film will add a few more into the world. Spidey vs a team of villains is exciting, to me.

4) Still plenty of Spidey being a kid and trying to figure it all out. Being grounded by Stark will just add to that.

5) Wonder if the Accords will come up at all.
fig96
AG
Man that looks fantastic. May have given away a bit too much, but this is looking like the Spidey film we've been waiting for...for a looong time.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Anyone else find it ironic that Keaton follows up 'birdman' with 'vulture'?
Bruce Almighty
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Anyone else find it ironic that Keaton follows up 'birdman' with 'vulture'?
I find it to be a coincidence.
MooreTrucker
First Page Last Page
Page 154 of 776

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.