*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,509,652 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Nonregdrummer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Cool, thanks.

What's the difference between Baron Zemo and Baron Mordo?
If I remember correctly, and other nerds can correct me here, Zemo is a character who comes from the Nazi/Hydra lineage, a super genius scientist guy who created weapons of mass destruction, later becomes an enemy of Cap.

Mordo was part of the Ancient One's group of students and followers until Dr. Strange came around, and Mordo eventually became his enemy. They have a similar power set.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
It's possible they could be using Zemo to initiate the events of Civil War, as opposed to Nitro.
redline248
AG
quote:
Thunderbolts are very similar to the Suicide Squad, a team of villains forced to work for the government, and play a fairly important part in the Civil War storyline so that's the only reason I bring it up. Baron Zemo isn't normally a part of that team though, so I would be surprised if that was it.

I don't remember them, what did they do?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
quote:
Thunderbolts are very similar to the Suicide Squad, a team of villains forced to work for the government, and play a fairly important part in the Civil War storyline so that's the only reason I bring it up. Baron Zemo isn't normally a part of that team though, so I would be surprised if that was it.

I don't remember them, what did they do?

They are recruited to help round up superheroes for SHIELD, I know Venom was one of them, possibly Bullseye, Jack-o-lantern, a few others. Anyway, it's one of the reasons Spider-Man leaves to join Cap, and they eventually chase Spidey down and almost kill him.
redline248
AG
That wasn't in the main story, was it?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I think it was, #5 or #6 I think? Not sure though, a lot of spin-off comics in that storyline.
Ganondorf
AG
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbolts_(comics)

Civil War has a whole crap load of spin offs, it was in all the big titles.
R0GUE
AG
quote:

Actually Zemo (the son of the first one, who was alive during WWII) was the leader of the original Thunderbolts, and was their leader for many years. He went by the name Citizen V. Originally, the Thunderbolts formed because all the normal heroes went missing because of the villain Onslaught. Zemo's idea was that his team of villains would pose as heroes, and with no one to stop them, eventually they would win the trust of the public and make taking over the world much easier. In the end though, Zemo and several of the others decided they preferred being heroes. They continued as such even after the Avengers, X-Men, etc. returned.

The version you are thinking of came much later and involved Norman Osborne putting a bunch of microchips and explosives into the heads of actual psychopaths like Venom and Bullseye.

quote:
How many Baron's are there? Mordo, Zemo and Von Strucker? That's confusing...

There's also Baron Blood, a vampire. But I doubt we'll be seeing him.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Awesome Mix Vol 1 is currently FREE on Google Play

TajMaballer
AG
Cumberbatch in as Dr. Strange is official.

TajMaballer
AG
Also Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones. Adding it here cause I didn't see a thread for the netflix series.

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/12/meet-krysten-ritter-aka-jessica-jones-in-marvels-next-netflix-series/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+uproxx%2Ffeatures+%28Uproxx%29
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Also Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones. Adding it here cause I didn't see a thread for the netflix series.

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/12/meet-krysten-ritter-aka-jessica-jones-in-marvels-next-netflix-series/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+uproxx%2Ffeatures+%28Uproxx%29
And Mike Colter as Luke Cage.
bearamedic99
AG
Krysten Ritter seems a REALLY odd choice but it depends on the portrayal. I've seen her on both Breaking Bad and Don't Trust the B*.

And now, they're announcing Ryan Reynolds as the Merc with the Mouth will begin production in March Ryan Reynolds as DP
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
And now, they're announcing Ryan Reynolds as the Merc with the Mouth will begin production in March Ryan Reynolds as DP

Man I'd give anything for Edgar Wright to get this job
bearamedic99
AG
I would not "give anything" but I sure would love if the Maus did not own Marvel and DP is released as a R-rated movie.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I would not "give anything" but I sure would love if the Maus did not own Marvel and DP is released as a R-rated movie.

Never gonna happen, and that's unfortunate
bearamedic99
AG
Ryan Reynolds has previously stated he would not be part of a PG-rated DP movie. Do we know anything about the rating they will be aiming for?
R0GUE
AG
Deadpool's rights are still owned by Fox. This is a Fox movie not a Disney one.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I'm excited for all casting news except for Jessica Jones. I don't really see it, but maybe she'll surprise me.
bearamedic99
AG
wonderful point
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
I'm excited for all casting news except for Jessica Jones. I don't really see it, but maybe she'll surprise me.

Jessica Jones is a messed up individual, so I think it could work.
CGSC Lobotomy
Could anyone see Kristen Bell as Carol Danvers?
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Could anyone see Kristen Bell as Carol Danvers?

She seems a little too cute/perky/sweet for Danvers, but she has a great look.
fig96
AG
Isn't Danvers at least a bit more of a physical presence too? Bell is a tiny little thing.

Also, finished season 1 of Agents of SHIELD...yeah, it got a LOT better, had Some really interesting crossover with Winter Soldier/Hydra and developed a worthy storyline of its own. Would definitely recommend it to any Marvel/comic geeks who are at all interested.

Starting season 2 soon...
Bruce Almighty
AG
The Jessica Jones casting seems weird but I only know her from her few episodes on Breaking Bad. It wouldn't be the first time Marvel has made me say "wtf" with their casting, yet it always seems to work out.
R0GUE
AG
If you watch "She's Out of My League" (which I recommend for TJ Miller alone) Krysten Ritter plays a normal, non strung out girl in that. I could definitely see her as Jessica Jones, who does have a little edginess, darkness anyhow.
wangus12
AG
quote:
If Deadpool is anything but an R-rated movie, it is going to be a major letdown.
israeliag
AG
quote:
"She's Out of My League" (which I recommend for Alice Eve alone)
FIFY.

Speaking of Alice Eve, she could make for a great Carol Danvers.
MASAXET
AG
quote:
quote:
If Deadpool is anything but an R-rated movie, it is going to be a major letdown.
Saxsoon
AG
I think Alice Eve would actually not be terrible at that if you had to go a less physically intimidating actress.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
"She's Out of My League" (which I recommend for Alice Eve alone)
FIFY.

Speaking of Alice Eve, she could make for a great Carol Danvers.
Truth. And nice segway.
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
And nice segway.

Red Five
AG
She's got the rack for it.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Latino Review is told Spidey will appear in Infinity Wars Part 1, however massive spoilers for other characters in article

So it appears that if Spidey is coming to the MCU, it will be with Infinity Wars. Very interesting however there are spoilers for other characters, I will discuss slight below:

*********SPOILERS**************

I'm not going to say much about it except for that it appears that some characters will meet fates that are very similar to the comics (Cap in Civil War, Thor in the Ragnarok storyline). I'm glad to see Marvel sticking with that and it all plays nicely with the Infinity Wars storyline.

*********END SPOILERS***********

I'm guessing that if this rumor is true, that Andrew Garfield is done as Spidey by that point, as that will be 4 years from now. I wonder who they'll consider in the meantime.
TCTTS
AG
Would love that.
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.