*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,509,899 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Red Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I just can't see any of them being eliminated until Civil War at the earliest, or more likely in one of the Infinity War movies.
It will be interesting to see how they adapt the concept of Civil War. They could definitely shake things up if they wanted to.
CGSC Lobotomy
I guess we should call our shots now on characters we are almost certain will need to be cast going forward:

Jessica Jones - Kristen Bell
Danny Rand - Jensen Ackles
Luke Cage - L.L. Cool J
Frank Castle - Thomas Jane
Ulysses Claw - Andy Serkis (almost confirmed)
T'Chaka - Denzel Washington (they got Anthony Hopkins to play Odin)
Man-Ape - Michael Jai White
Adam Warlock - Jim Caviezel
Amora - Charleze Theron
Surtur - Christopher Lee (voice) if he's still alive
Angela - Eva Green
Carol Danvers - Emily Blunt
Abigail Brand - Tricia Helfer
Quasar (Phyla-Vell) - Daniela Ruah
Cosmo - Peter Stormare (voice)
Yelena Bolova (if they kill off Romanoff) - Chloe Moretz
Black Bolt - Mark Strong
Maximus - (I suspect he's Kyle McLaughlin's character in Agents of Shield)
Medusa - Tricia Helfer
Triton - Doug Jones
Gorgon - John Kraszinski
Karnak - Scott Atkins
Crystal - Michelle Trachtenberg
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
quote:
Quicksilver is the Avengers' link to the Inhumans (he marries Medusa's sister). He's almost the only character that you CAN'T kill off in Age of Ultron.

Seems pretty clear that this link is not necessary because QS and SW ARE Inhumans.

Quicksilver marries a member of the royal family. That's a pretty huge link.
cone
AG
what villain are they going to pit Dr. Strange against?

Dormammu, Shuma-Gorath, Mephisto?
Red Five
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Quicksilver is the Avengers' link to the Inhumans (he marries Medusa's sister). He's almost the only character that you CAN'T kill off in Age of Ultron.

Seems pretty clear that this link is not necessary because QS and SW ARE Inhumans.

Quicksilver marries a member of the royal family. That's a pretty huge link.
Usually I stand firm to the comic continuity, but in this case you already have to throw it out because Quicksilver isn't a mutant. He's just as likely to actually be an Inhuman as marry one. I dont think he gets killed, but it wont be because of his (possible) relationship with Crystal.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
what villain are they going to pit Dr. Strange against?

Dormammu, Shuma-Gorath, Mephisto?

Mordo
swimmerbabe11
love the Michelle Trachtenburg call. Think that could be pretty awesome.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
Luke Cage - L.L. Cool J

hell, no.

R0GUE
AG
The guy who played Cutty in the Wire should play Cage.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
The guy who played Cutty in the Wire should play Cage.
He's a little old, but this is actually a very interesting pick. Great in Walking Dead as well.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
love the Michelle Trachtenburg call. Think that could be pretty awesome.

In terms of resemblance, it's Chloe Moretz. Unfortunately, a lot of moviegoers won't be able to get over the Hit-Girl/Kick-Ass connection with her and Aaron Johnson.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
hell, no.

I was waiting for someone to complain.

In terms of sheer size, it would be Jamal Duff and in terms of personality, Terry Crews. Not sure who would be a good mix of size, personality, and youth so as to be a believable love interest to Kristen Bell's Jessica Jones.
TCTTS
AG
Scene that was quoted earlier in the thread has leaked. If even the conversational scenes are this good, Age of Ultron could be an all-timer...

Saxsoon
AG
I said it earlier but I love that line about ending a war before it starts. This is going to be amazing
bearamedic99
AG
CGSC, you would have Jim Halppert from the Office as Gorgon?

There were several rumors about a month ago the Dule Hill (Guy from Psych) is cast as Luke Cage.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Michael Jai White as Luke Cage. I want Black f-ing Dynamite as the baddest mofo in the MCU.

If you haven't seen it, watch Black Dynamite. He's got the physical skills, can act, and is also charming and funny as hell.

I think he's perfect.
CGSC Lobotomy
White is a little old...and short for the role.
Trident 88
AG
quote:

There were several rumors about a month ago the Dule Hill (Guy from Psych) is cast as Luke Cage.
Dule Hill?? Whomever they pick as Luke Cage needs to be big and ripped.
TexasAggie_02
AG
they need to work Will Smith into the MCU just so we can get a "aw hell no!," and a "Welcome to Earf"
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:

Chris Pratt was a certified fatass before GotG. They can get him buffed up for the role.
TCTTS
AG
Slash Film has some really interesting speculation as to where the MCU will go from here, starting with Age of Ultron all the way through Infinity War - Part 2, breaking down each movie in between. It's mostly educated guess work, obviously, but a pretty cool/fun read...

http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-phase-3-theory/
Duncan Idaho
I did like the star wars cross over in last week's agents of shield. Granted it was just a star wars tshirt but still
MASAXET
AG
Fun read, TCTTS
Nonregdrummer09
AG
That's nice and everything, but really gets away from the source material a little too much, I would make the following changes based on contracts that we know are out there and what's likely to happen:

*****Some spoilers from comics*********

In the Civil War storyline, and one that I think is likely to be kept, Captain America is the one who is killed, not Tony. One of the great moments from that comic series is when Tony Stark sits next to Cap's dead body, confessing his regret for everything that has happened, it would be great to see the RDJ Tony Stark to have that scene. Plus, Chris Evans only has one movie left, I think that movie will be Infinity Wars Part 2.

There are two gems that have yet to be found, the Time Gem and the Soul Gem, the Soul Gem (or stone, I guess) is with Adam Warlock, who has been teased twice in the movies, and I think is likely Peter Quill's father in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies (since they've made it clear it will not be his father from the comics, unless they are trying to hide the truth), so I expect Adam Warlock, along with the Soul Gem, to be introduced in GotG 2.

I like the idea of Wakanda having a gem, and I think it will be the Time Gem. In the comic series, the Time Gem is used to bring back Captain America, I think this will likely happen at the end of Infinity Wars Part 1.

As far as Captain Marvel and the Inhumans go, I think they will play a very large part in the circumstances of the cosmic realm with the ongoings of the Infinity Wars (Kevin Feige has said that those movies will take place within that timeline.) I think it's hard to predict how exactly that will work, but we will see.

*****End Comic Spoilers********

I trust Marvel regardless though, it's not like they couldn't switch some things up.
wangus12
AG
What an interesting take on the entire plot line as whole. Some of it I don't see happening, while other parts would be pretty awesome.
Saxsoon
AG
I just don't see these start up movies for characters like marvel, Panther, and strange literally revolving around the war with Thanos. The inhumane one, that I could actually see happening after avengers part 1 because it is not a specific character per se
Saxsoon
AG
I also don't see gotg or Thor focusing on Thanos either. That is incredibly serialized for a series of movies. I would rather they focus on their unique qualities with minor tie in to Thanos than be the entire focus. As with the start up movies I mentioned above, they would lose any individuality and become merely plot devices to infinity war. If you keep Thanos tangentially related, I feel like that allow those characters to be their own thing.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
One of the great moments from that comic series is when Tony Stark sits next to Cap's dead body, confessing his regret for everything that has happened,

In the comic, there are several iconic moments from Civil War:

-Tony's speech at Cap's funeral (he has a long speech planned, but when he gets to the podium, he completely loses it and can't read it. All he can say is, "It wasn't supposed to end like this", breaks down, and walks off the stage.)

-Logan telling Stark, "If I find you were responsible for this, I will kill you" and Stark telling him he won't fight back.

-Peter Parker unmasking himself in front of the world.

-Cap in his dying breath telling Sharon Carter to get the civilians to safety

-Frank Castle seeing it on the screen in Times Square and saying, "Not him...anyone but him...".
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
^ All of that sounds like it would be awesome. Minus Parker which can't be in the MCU.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Chris Pratt was a certified fatass before GotG. They can get him buffed up for the role.

1/2 true. Pratt is a good sized guy with height. He was a wrestler in high school (maybe even college, not sure), and he had already shown that he could get in good shape when he got big and ripped for Zero Dark Thirty.

This guy...

...would have to get significantly bigger to portray Cage.
CGSC Lobotomy
Neither can Logan.
swimmerbabe11
And he's not hot enough. sorry bro. I'll pass.

Luke Cage could be Henry Simmons. please and thank you.

Are we positive that Punisher is going to show up?

other options...this list has some good ones.
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/05/27/luke-cage-5-casting-choices-for-marvel-s-netflix-series-1450107?lt_source=external,manual
Sex Panther
AG
jbsj9698
AG
LOL!
Saxsoon
AG
Best gif to accompany any multi-tiered announcement
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.