*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,510,028 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And yeah the whole point of that post was to mention I stood next to Jessica Biel
CGSC Lobotomy
What about Sil from Species?
AgMarauder04
AG
I guess if y'all keep throwing enough poo on the wall, EVENTUALLY something will stick.
CGSC Lobotomy
But if you think about it, Henstridge may be the best choice:

Older actress
Blonde
Tall
Not as well-known
Imposing presence
Has had leading roles before
Has starred alongside major actors
Sex Panther
AG
CGSC is either trolling at this point or drunk
TexasAggie_02
AG
what about Milla Jovovich or Kate Beckensale?
LeonardSkinner
Regarding Henstridge, I think you can say almost the same things about Tricia Helfer. Same age, can be blonde, 5'11", not world famous but known in SF circles at the very least, etc.
CGSC Lobotomy
Henstridge is a bit more of a physical presence, while Helfer is a better actress.

However, I'd rather see one of those two as Amora. In fact, I'd rather see Tricia Helfer as Abigail Brand.

It's almost certain that Danvers will be Emily Blunt.
TCTTS
AG
Henstridge in the '90s? Absolutely. But there's no way they're going with someone that old for the role.
swimmerbabe11
Helfer would be great if we are going with someone that old. I don't think she'd bleach her hair cylon blonde again though. She lost a ton of hair during BSG because of the dyes and ended up having to where wigs in some of the episodes.

But if we are, why not throw Sarah Michelle Gellar in the mix? She's short but she's well versed in action roles.

Like someone else said, if we keep throwing names out, one will eventually be right.
cone
AG
Ellen Barkin
wangus12
AG
quote:
I just want to see her in a skimpy superhero costume. Besides, she's probably one of the few actresses that actually knows how to kick ass.

This is the most important aspect of the casting.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Someone mentioned Yvonne Stahovski, I approve of that casting idea.
dcaggie04
AG
Stana Katic
MASAXET
AG
Beyonce.

Nailed it.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Henstridge is a bit more of a physical presence, while Helfer is a better actress.
...and both have been naked on camera.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
wangus12
AG
Brittany Snow
Saxsoon
AG
Hillary Duff
redline248
AG
I mean, if we want the full comic book female experience, it might as well be Kate Upton. A little exercise to tone her up, she has the acceptable figure
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Better, closer up video of the presser

If you guys want to see the footage from Age of Ultron that was shown there, better click on this before it gets taken down.
TCTTS
AG
If I absolutely had to bet, I'd say either Emily Blunt or Margot Robbie. I really feel like one of those two names will get it.
R0GUE
AG
Saxsoon
AG
I am sorry, I am not sure I could see Margot Robbie as serving in the air force. Blah blah blah about Thor and his hammer, and military ranks and a meek scientist nerd raging into a green killing machine, but I just don't see her in that kind of a role.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
If I absolutely had to bet, I'd say either Emily Blunt or Margot Robbie. I really feel like one of those two names will get it.

I agree with this completely. It seems like studios are trying to make Margot Robbie the next big thing. But I'm with Marsuvees. I don't buy her in this, at least not yet... She's quite beautiful, but I wasn't blown away by her in the Wolf of Wall Street. We'll see how she does in the new Will Smith movie, but she just seems like a token "Bond" girl if that makes sense. Yeah she's really hot, but just kind of fades into the background.

I think Emily Blunt will be at the top of the list, and Natalie Dormer will be right there as well.

Rosamund Pike seems like a good choice if they were doing it right now. We'll see if her age at the time (39) will affect the decision. But she's someone I could buy as being a high ranking military veteran, a leader, and also smoking hot.
CGSC Lobotomy
Anyone else think Azari (T'Challa's grandfather) will be seen in Agent Carter?

Emily Blunt already missed out on both Black Widow and Peggy Carter. 3rd time's the charm.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Rosamund Pike seems like a good choice if they were doing it right now. We'll see if her age at the time (39) will affect the decision. But she's someone I could buy as being a high ranking military veteran, a leader, and also smoking hot.

Totally. If she were like 3-5 years younger, and somehow still following Gone Girl, I might even choose her over Blunt. That said, at least from all the bloggers/journalists/fan-casting, it seems like Blunt is the actress to beat as of now.
israeliag
AG
quote:
quote:

I agree with this completely. It seems like studios are trying to make Margot Robbie the next big thing. But I'm with Marsuvees. I don't buy her in this, at least not yet... She's quite beautiful, but I wasn't blown away by her in the Wolf of Wall Street. We'll see how she does in the new Will Smith movie, but she just seems like a token "Bond" girl if that makes sense. Yeah she's really hot, but just kind of fades into the background.

I think Emily Blunt will be at the top of the list, and Natalie Dormer will be right there as well.

I totally agree with you SP on Margot, but it's interesting as to how Rosamund was a Bond Girl.

Whoever lands the role needs charm in the same token that Chris Evans, RDJ, and Chris Pratt brought to the table, beyond just presence.

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I totally agree with you SP on Margot, but it's interesting as to how Rosamund was a Bond Girl.

Whoever lands the role needs charm in the same token that Chris Evans, RDJ, and Chris Pratt brought to the table, beyond just presence.

Ha, I guess I did totally contradict myself there. But yeah, they need that extra "it" factor. Marvel has been nails at finding it so far in their casting though, so I'm sure they'll get it right.

Pike just seems like she'd have the presence for it.
thriller03
AG
To be fair to Pike, she wasn't really a "Bond girl" as much as a girl in a Bond movie who happened to shag Bond. Berry was much more the "Bond girl" from that film.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I bet they go with someone who's not even on the radar right now. I mean, with the exception of maybe Cumberbatch, have they really ever gone with the big-name, obvious choices that have been thrown out whenever they announced these movies?

Was Pratt mentioned in the beginning by fans for the role of Quill? I dont remember.
CGSC Lobotomy
To be taken seriously as an experienced Major, the actress has to be between 33-42 at the time the movie comes out so that she can pass for 5 years older or younger.

Jennifer Morrison will be 39 in 2018.

Joanna Swisher will be 39 in 2018.

Anna Torv will be 39 in 2018.

Emily Blunt will be 35 in 2018.

Katee Sackhoff will be 38 in 2018.

Meghan Ory will be 36 in 2018.

Elizabeth Lail (Anna from Once Upon A Time) is a natural blond and will be 34 in 2018.

Annie Wersching (Renee Walker) will be 41 in 2018.

Laura Vandervoort will be 35 in 2018.
redline248
AG
Won't Jennifer Lawrence be done with hunger games in time to be captain marvel?
wangus12
AG
quote:
Won't Jennifer Lawrence be done with hunger games in time to be captain marvel?
Do not want! I have still not been all that impressed with her yet.
LeonardSkinner
CGSC is right. The most important thing about casting this role is that the actress be believable as an Air Force Major. And by believable, we mean, in the right age group.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I understand, and agree that the actress needs to be over a certain age, but it really has less to do with "believability as an Air Force officer" and more with believability as a leader of a group of superheroes. Which really means that age is much less important than gravitas. Get that wrong and it won't matter what age she is.
First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.