*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,510,118 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Awesome new Avengers: Age of Ultron clip that appeared tonight with Agents of SHIELD (though the clip was originally shown at Comic-Con back in July)...

R0GUE
AG
quote:
Also, throwing this out there now... Natalie Dormer as Carol Danvers. Yes, I know she had a bit part in Captain America, but who cares. She's blowing up, and feels like the exact right type for what I know about the character (which admittedly isn't much). Then again, she is 32, and will be 36 by the time CM hits, so they might want to skew a bit younger...

I like Dormer but she's all wrong for Carol. She's a tiny little slender waif of a girl. Carol needs to be tall and leggy, but with some athletic muscle definition. Yvonne Stahovski is a great choice. If not her, then maybe a blonde Emily Blunt, or Blake Lively if she could add some muscle.
CGSC Lobotomy
What about Katee Sackhoff if she grows her hair out?
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I like Dormer but she's all wrong for Carol. She's a tiny little slender waif of a girl.

Granted, she's not tall, but THIS is absolutely not "a tiny little slender waif of a girl"...

Fat Bib Fortuna
Send Arya home with the babysitter and that picture is the greatest party of your life.
TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also here's a much better version of that sneak peak:
Sex Panther
AG
Thor's face... greatness
CGSC Lobotomy
I would cast a lesser known actress, such as Laura Vandervoort or Kathryn Winnick (sic).

Jeri Ryan would be perfect if she weren't in her mid-40's. Same with Tricia Helfer.
Sex Panther
AG
I don't know a thing about Carol Danvers but Natalie Dormer is pretty awesome and smoking hot. Also Blake Lively is a terrible actress.

I'm guessing the internet's going to be obsessed with this casting search for a long, long time.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
So does anyone want to rank these next 10 (including Ant Man) in order of anticipation? I don't know enough about the characters that I haven't seen to really say.

I'll admit this will probably change:

01. Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1/Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2 (Feel like these should be combined)
02. Captain America: Civil War
03. Avengers: Age of Ultron
04. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
05. Thor: Ragnarok
06. Ant-Man
07. Black Panther
08. Captain Marvel
09. The Inhumans
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
01. Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1/Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2 (Feel like these should be combined)

Part 1 will CONTINUE as part of both Captain Marvel AND Inhumans, with all three leading into Part 2.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
I like Dormer but she's all wrong for Carol. She's a tiny little slender waif of a girl.

Granted, she's not tall, but THIS is absolutely not "a tiny little slender waif of a girl"...
She's skinny and short. I think she's beautiful don't get me wrong even when she does the smirky duck-lips thing. :P

Carol has to be at least close to the same height as the guy heroes. That's the point of her character. She can hang with any of the guys, even before she got her powers. She was also an Air Force pilot and I'm pretty sure they have some physical requirements. (I know they can't be too tall either, but no woman is going to be TOO tall to be a pilot unless it's Rebecca Lobo).

The more I think about it, the more I think Emily Blunt is absolutely perfect for the role.

Saxsoon
AG
Once again, there is only one correct answer

TCTTS
AG
I'd be all for Emily Blunt. And that fact that she was all but signed for Black Widow before having to pull out due to a scheduling conflict makes it all the more likely Marvel would want to bring her back into the fold. That, and she absolutely killed it in Edge of Tomorrow (no pun intended). If there was ever a female actress out there primed and ready for a starring role in a comic book movie, she's it.

Yvonne Strahovski is hot, no doubt, and has the look, but she just doesn't have much of a spark. Granted, I never watched Chuck, but what I have seen of her she hasn't been super charasmatic or commanding. I seriously doubt she could lead/headline/potentially take over an entire superhero franchise. Emily Blunt, on the other hand... absolutely.
TCTTS
AG
Some Carol Danvers options; i.e. lists of basically every hot actress working today...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fan_fic/news/?a=68335

http://www.ranker.com/list/which-actress-could-play-captain-marvel-/crisdesousa3

http://www.eonline.com/news/592760/casting-captain-marvel-which-actress-should-star-in-marvel-s-first-female-superhero-movie-vote
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
Carol has to be at least close to the same height as the guy heroes

Rogers is 6'2. Thor 6'3.

What about Jennifer Morrison (Emma Swan from Once Upon a Time) or Anna Torv (Olivian Dunham)?
TCTTS
AG
Based on every name thrown around so far, as of now, I'd say these are the only legit options, in order of star-power/current popularity/legitimacy...

Jessica Chastain
Emily Blunt
Margot Robbie
Rosamund Pike
Olivia Wilde
Alice Eve
Yvonne Strahovski
Natalie Dormer
Adrianne Palicki
Brit Marling
Jessica Beil
Abbie Cornish
Amber Heard
Jennifer Morrison

Considering this thing is likely two years from even casting, names will no doubt come and go, but there's no way they're not going with a relatively well known actress in the role. That, and I'd be shocked if they go with anyone over 35, considering this will likely be a six-picture deal or whatever. So that eliminates Katee Sackhoff, who will be 38 when this releases, along with a couple other names above. I'd also count out Jennifer Lawrence, who I just can't see playing yet another Marvel character after her stint on X-Men wraps in 2016, and the similarly-themed Hunger Games wraps in 2015.

If I had to pick one sleeper, it'd be Cara Delevingne, one of the most popular "it" models of the moment, who's starting to book quite a few legit acting roles, and is apparently pretty good in them. She's definitely on the skinny side, but has a hot-yet-tomboy-ish vibe, and could be exploding at just the right moment.

However this plays out, as Sex Panther alluded to earlier, this casting talk could get old fast over the next couple of years. Hopefully they lock the role up sooner rather than later due to a cameo intro in an earlier movie. Rumor is they MIGHT film a cameo for Avengers: Age of Ultron, but it's still up in the air at this point...
R0GUE
AG
It won't be Adrienne Palicki as she is already Mockingbird in Agents of SHIELD.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
If I had to pick one sleeper, it'd be Cara Delevingne, one of the most popular "it" models of the moment, who's starting to book quite a few legit acting roles, and is apparently pretty good in them. She's definitely on the skinny side, but has a hot-yet-tomboy-ish vibe, and could be exploding at just the right moment.

Just looked her up, and man I hope not. Hell, just those eyebrows would be distracting in every single scene she's in. They already f'ed up the Gamora casting with Saldana, sure hope they don't screw up Captain Marvel.
Saxsoon
AG
Won't be Adrianne Palicki though she would be probably the best pick from just an action standpoint because she is Mockingbird in Shield and there is a good chance she will jump into the movies.

Emily Blunt would probably be the best choice though from an acting standpoint and could easily headline the movie. She has a good amount of starpower and it would get a lot of people into the theater that would normally dismiss the film as eye-candy (she is still very beautiful) for basement dwellers.

I just don't see Olivia Wilde, Jessica Chastain, or Rosamund Pike in this instance. Great actresses, but I just can't picture them in some kind of actiony role (maybe Olivia Wilde but still seems off to me)

And please, for the love of all things good, keep Nicola Peltz away from this.

The easiest choice though is Katee Sackhoff.
israeliag
AG
FIFY, since we know we'll all be going to each film:

quote:
01a. Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1/Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2 (Feel like these should be combined)
01b Captain America: Civil War
01c. Avengers: Age of Ultron
01d. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
01e. Thor: Ragnarok
01f. Ant-Man
01g. Black Panther
01h. Captain Marvel
01i. The Inhumans
cone
AG
quote:
And as popular as she'll be, Black Panther has the potential to be even bigger, for the same diversity reasons.
it will be

if marvel holds to form as far as quality is concerned, black panther is going to be massive
Quinn
AG
quote:
So does anyone want to rank these next 10 (including Ant Man) in order of anticipation? I don't know enough about the characters that I haven't seen to really say.
To answer my own question, I would probably put them in this order:

1. Guardians 2 - sequel to my favorite marvel movie
2. Avengers Infinity Part II - the gang's last stand
3. Cap America: War of Northern Aggression - cap vs rdj should be fun
4. Avengers Ultimate - fun to see what the follow up will be
5. Avengers Infinity Part I - this will be all the new weird people, right?
6. Ant Man - is this still Paul Rudd?
7. Thor - meh
8. Black Panther - don't know anything
9. Cap Marvel - don't know anything
10. The Inhumans - honestly have no interest in this now, but I guess I have 5 years to get excited

I've only read one comic book in my life (some bizarro superman in the mid 90s), so I don't know anything about these new guys. Marvel has earned their great reputation, but I will need to wait and see if my interest builds in characters I had never heard of before yesterday.
redline248
AG
I know I'm supposed to put the infinity stuff at the top, but I have a hard time being more excited about something so far away. I'll keep it in front of the other titles, though.

1. Avengers Ultron (b/c it's the closest)
2. Cap 3
3. Thor 3
4. Guardians 2
5. Avengers Infinity 1
6. Avengers Infinity 2
7. Black Panther
8. Cap Marvel
9. Ant Man
10.Inhumans
sanitariex
AG
wangus12
AG
My shortlist for Captain Marvel:

Emily Blunt
Lauren Vandervoort-she was in Smallville right
Kathryn Winnick from Vikings
Yvonne Strahovski from Chuck
Natalie Dormer
Alice Eve

Please not the chick from the new Transformers.
Blake Lively fits the bills, but she is just not a great actor.

I just hope they get a good actress for the role. Casting in the MCU has been spot on for pretty much the whole thing so I trust them.

Just for kicks, hope they use they original suit.

wangus12
AG
As for anticipation of the movies:

1. Cap 3: Civil War
2. Guardians 2
3. Avengers Part 1/2
4. Age of Ultron
5. Thor 3
6. Cap. Marvel
6. Black Panther-really tied with Marvel
8. Inhumans
9. Ant-man
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
Based on every name thrown around so far, as of now, I'd say these are the only legit options, in order of star-power/current popularity/legitimacy...

Jessica Chastain
Emily Blunt
Margot Robbie
Rosamund Pike
Olivia Wilde
Alice Eve
Yvonne Strahovski
Natalie Dormer
Adrianne Palicki
Brit Marling
Jessica Beil
Abbie Cornish
Amber Heard
Jennifer Morrison

Considering this thing is likely two years from even casting, names will no doubt come and go, but there's no way they're not going with a relatively well known actress in the role. That, and I'd be shocked if they go with anyone over 35, considering this will likely be a six-picture deal or whatever. So that eliminates Katee Sackhoff, who will be 38 when this releases, along with a couple other names above. I'd also count out Jennifer Lawrence, who I just can't see playing yet another Marvel character after her stint on X-Men wraps in 2016, and the similarly-themed Hunger Games wraps in 2015.

However this plays out, as Sex Panther alluded to earlier, this casting talk could get old fast over the next couple of years. Hopefully they lock the role up sooner rather than later due to a cameo intro in an earlier movie. Rumor is they MIGHT film a cameo for Avengers: Age of Ultron, but it's still up in the air at this point...

Carol Danvers is introduced as a senior Major. That means the youngest she could realistically be is 35.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Carol Danvers is introduced as a senior Major.

This means nothing for the movies. Age/looks through 2020 will be WAY more important to Marvel than staying true to some arbitrary ranking in the comics.
TCTTS
AG
True HD/official version of the new clip from last night...

AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
True HD/official version of the new clip from last night...

the only difference is them joking around about the hammer at the beginning?

BTW, that last scene of "there are no strings on me" just gives me chills. Harrowing.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
So, the only difference is them joking around about the hammer at the beginning?

That, and there are a couple different shots in the trailer footage itself from the version released last week.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
It's pretty much the Comic-Con footage, which is exactly what I expected from this release. That can't release that much new footage this soon.
First Page Last Page
Page 12 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.