*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,510,554 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who would you cast as Black Panther is the question.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Sex Panther
AG
Rumors are it's this guy

aTmLoKi
AG
Get this guy:

Nonregdrummer09
AG
Should have been Djimon Hounsou, but they casted him in GotG.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Go against type and cast him as a white guy to get the public ready for a Black Captain America.
TCTTS
AG
I know next to nothing about Black Panther, but Nate Parker is the real deal. Dude is about to blow up. I'd give the role to him.

I have no problem with Chadwick Boseman (42), only that he comes across as kind of bland and unexciting.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I do like Nate Parker, he could be a really good choice.
TCTTS
AG
Is Black Panther supposed to be like a "mean," hard-core good guy, or more of a traditional hero?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Is Black Panther supposed to be like a "mean," hard-core good guy, or more of a traditional hero?
My understanding is that he is the benevolent ruler of an indigenous people who takes up the mantle to protect his people out of duty.
TCTTS
AG
quote:

His next movie, Beyond the Lights, is supposed to be really, really good. The trailer - while very well done - doesn't sell a movie I particularly want to see, but I keep seeing critic after critic I trust raving about it, and him, in particular.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Black Panther, in the comics, is a mantel that is handed down from father to son in the royal family of Wakanda, a wealthy, independent, and very isolated African nation that controls the vast majority of the, in the MCU, Vibranium on Earth. So the Black Panther's original intent is simply to protect Wakanda from outsiders. However, events result in him having to join the Avengers. So I guess you would say he is more of a traditional hero. He is not a "Batman" type of hero or anything like that.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
My understanding is that he is the benevolent ruler of an indigenous people who takes up the mantle to protect his people out of duty.

quote:
Black Panther, in the comics, is a mantel that is handed down from father to son in the royal family of Wakanda, a wealthy, independent, and very isolated African nation that controls the vast majority of the, in the MCU, Vibranium on Earth. So the Black Panther's original intent is simply to protect Wakanda from outsiders. However, events result in him having to join the Avengers. So I guess you would say he is more of a traditional hero. He is not a "Batman" type of hero or anything like that.

Gotcha, thanks. Then yeah, give it to Nate Parker for sure.
MASAXET
AG
http://io9.com/shot-by-shot-breakdown-of-avengers-2-trailer-reveals-sp-1649782452/all

And I like this comment after the article, noting that the Iron Man suit is inside the Hulkbuster:
quote:
It's like he's a dude playin' a dude, disguised as another dude!
CGSC Lobotomy
What about Aldis Hodge (from Leverage)?
Fat Bib Fortuna
Gifs from IO9 post.

Quicksilver being a d-bag when he realizes he missed his stop on the subway. This is probably why Ultron is PO'ed the whole movie.
wangus12
AG
I think Quicksilver dies and Scarlet Witch gets super angry.
swimmerbabe11
Chadwick is hotter. Go with him.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
He is a skilled hunter, tracker, strategist, politician, inventor, and scientist. He has a Ph.D. in Physics from Oxford University. Considered one of the eight smartest people on the planet, he is a genius in physics and advanced technology, and is a brilliant inventor. He also has been granted the strength and knowledge of every past Black Panther.

From Wiki.

Black Panther needs to come across as very intelligent and not trusting of strangers.
fig96
AG
quote:

I'm not familiar with him as an actor but he nails the right look for the part.
redline248
AG
So is vibranium something they had to make up for the movies bc of Fox having X men?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
So is vibranium something they had to make up for the movies bc of Fox having X men?
Pretty much
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Not really. Vibranium has been around in the MCU forever. Longer than adamantium by three years.

It actually makes sense for them to make vibranium important in the films because it opens up the whole Wakanda/Black Panther thing.
toucan82
you just got outnerded
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
Black Panther needs to come across as very intelligent and not trusting of strangers.

That's why I think it needs to be Aldis Hodge (Alec Hardison from Leverage). He has used a Nigerian accent quite often in that role.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

That's why I think it needs to be Aldis Hodge (Alec Hardison from Leverage). He has used a Nigerian accent quite often in that role.
I like this choice. Not sure if he has the action method down, but I like it.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Not really. Vibranium has been around in the MCU forever. Longer than adamantium by three years.

It actually makes sense for them to make vibranium important in the films because it opens up the whole Wakanda/Black Panther thing.
Was just about to post this. Even in the comics, Cap's shield if vibranium.
AliasMan02
AG
As for characters to be brought into the future films, I've been thinking about the following:

Black Panther - Obviously we'll see him pretty soon. I doubt they go the genius route, though. There's a lot of sciencey guys on the squad already. He'll have some tech in the suit, but I think that will be part of what was handed down to him, and they'll put a lot on having the suit contain tons of vibranium-laced technology as armor, claws, etc. I also think there's a chance that we see Cap tied to a previous Panther, though I'm not sure we've ever seen any evidence that the MCU Cap fought in Africa.

As for other characters, I've always wished we'd get more nods to the Incredible Hulk. Really all we've seen so far is Banner talking about "breaking Harlem." We're obviously out on Betty as the love interest for Banner, but I think that some sort of inclusion of General Ross (William Hurt) could be good, maybe in the Civil War arc. He could be on the President's staff, working with Stark to help get registration enacted.

What I have always wanted, though, was the inclusion of Doc Samson (Ty Burrell) putting some of the heroes through some sort of required counseling. I just think it would be a funny re-introduction to the main characters to start off a movie, particularly a "government team" version that's missing most of the classic Avengers in A3. I see the scene playing out a lot like the Alliance officer interrogating Serenity's crew in Bushwhacked, but obviously not overtly confrontational.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
I also think there's a chance that we see Cap tied to a previous Panther, though I'm not sure we've ever seen any evidence that the MCU Cap fought in Africa.

There's about a 2-3 year period in The First Avenger between when he rescues the Howling Commandos and when he crashes the Valkyrie into the Arctic.

It's conceivable that one of the HYDRA bases was in North Africa. After all, much of Patton's campaign was against Rommel in that area.

It's also conceivable that Cap interacted with Azari (T'Chaka's father and T'Challa's grandfather) during that period.

Of course, the easiest way to introduce Black Panther is to make Azari and his young son T'Chaka reoccuring characters in Agent Carter.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
It wouldn't surprise me if the MCU Smudged the timeline of WWII. No reason they can't have cap fight Nazis in Africa or have him encounter a Black Panther who is in Nazi Germany to recover something stolen from Africa.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Caps shield is not vibranium in the comics right? My understanding was that it is a unique mix of adamantium, vibranium, and other "special metals" that Howard Stark created. It is uniquely created, which is why it's so powerful.

Wasn't there an entire arc where Ultron tried to get a hold of cap's shield so he could deconstruct it, copy the formulation, and make his body out of the mix (i.e., invisible?). The Avengers stopped him and he had to "settle" for an adamantium body?

I thought the only reason the MCU went with vibranium was that they couldn't use adamantium. Lots of people have vibranium stuff in the comics, Cap's Shield is unique because of the mix....
Malachi Constant
AG
OT, do the X-Men and Avengers universes ever cross paths? In the comics or in the movies?
Red Five
AG
In the comics everything crosses. There was a year long Avengers vs Xmen event a couple years ago.
Whos Juan
AG
quote:

redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

First Page Last Page
Page 5 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.