*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,510,654 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I originally didn't like Oscar Isaac, but after the Llewyn Davis movie, I think he a has become an excellent actor.
Dr. Horrible
quote:
quote:
So Thanos is falling back to a 4th Avengers, now?

That's what it's looking like. I think it's a way to build up to a super-cross-over film with the Guardians and anyone else Marvel brings out from now until then.

My question is what does Marvel do after Avengers 4? Do they just stop? Is there a re-boot at some point?
I could see them going Bond with the MCU where you just continue with different actors picking up the mantle, sometimes as a different alter-ego (Bucky stepping in for Cap) and sometimes as a simple recast (Hulk).
Red Five
AG
Personally, I really hope that is what they do. As much as I love RDJ as Tony Stark, I would rather watch someone else portray the character than not have him at all.

I recognize that my view is built upon being a long, long time comic book reader though. Some people may not have interest in a RDJ-less Iron Man movie, and thats ok. If the cinematic universe loses steam after the names that built it step away, I hope they have built enough foundation in the TV realm with Netflix and Agents of SHIELD to continue the stories in those arenas instead.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Here's a thought: have the LEGO versions of x-men and spidey in the cinematic universe. And pretend like its nothing unusual. Don't even acknowledge that they are giant LEGOS.

Then you could have Wolverine and Spidey in the Avengers.
Saxsoon
AG
Brilliant
bearamedic99
AG
quote:
Here's a thought: have the LEGO versions of x-men and spidey in the cinematic universe. And pretend like its nothing unusual. Don't even acknowledge that they are giant LEGOS.

FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:

POTM, if not year.
TajMaballer
AG
Age of Ultron full trailer will premiere during Agents of Shield next week! Set your DVRs!

Or just wait five minutes and it will be online. But regardless, one week!
TCTTS
AG
Not to be nitpicky, but it'll be a teaser trailer, not the full trailer. We won't see the full trailer 'til next year.
TajMaballer
AG
Ahhh, got too excited there. My bad!

Also, not nit picky at all! I would be upset if I was expecting a full and got a teaser instead.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Why wait a week, when you can watch it now?

http://geektyrant.com/news/avengers-age-of-ultron-trailer-leaks-online-and-its-incredible
R0GUE
AG
Whoa! Good find! Someone is so fired for letting that leak.
Saxsoon
AG
That is not a teaser, that is a full blown trailer. Holy ****!
Red Five
AG
My heart stopped beating for at least 15 seconds. I'm so happy right now.
fig96
AG
CGSC Lobotomy
Agents of Shield Season 1 was worked around The Winter Soldier.

I wonder if they'll have an arc at the end of the season dealing with Age of Ultron.

Age of Ultron comes out May 1st. That leaves episodes on May 5th, 12th, and 19th to deal with the fallout and the episodes on April 21st and 28th to possibly lead into it.
MASAXET
AG
quote:

MASAXET
AG
quote:
Agents of Shield Season 1 was worked around The Winter Soldier.

I wonder if they'll have an arc at the end of the season dealing with Age of Ultron.

Age of Ultron comes out May 1st. That leaves episodes on May 5th, 12th, and 19th to deal with the fallout and the episodes on April 21st and 28th to possibly lead into it.

Ok dumb question, but I need to ask. Is it worth starting to watch SHIELD? I'm a marvel fan and follow the arcs really close, but never started SHIELD. Is it a good show? Worth starting?
fig96
AG
I watched half the first season and enjoyed it but it wasn't anything fantastic, but I want to catch up so I can see exactly how they tied in Winter Soldier and watch the current eps. If you're at all into the Marvel Universe it's at least fun.
redline248
AG
I think agents of shield is awesome
R0GUE
AG
quote:
I think agents of shield is awesome

Completely agree.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
I watched half the first season and enjoyed it but it wasn't anything fantastic, but I want to catch up so I can see exactly how they tied in Winter Soldier and watch the current eps. If you're at all into the Marvel Universe it's at least fun.

It's hard to make it through the first half of the season, but once you get to second half and realize where they were going with it, it's actually a great show. You have to get to the final several episodes of the season where it really hits it's stride, and it hasn't slowed down in Season 2.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
So great fan theory here:

Possible Spoilers:

There has been a lot of speculation on Andy Serkis' character in Age of Ultron, which has been kept secret, but someone points out very well, he could be Ulysses Klaw.

The reason they would want to keep this a secret is because Klaw comes from the Black Panther comics, and could explain where Ultron gets his Adamantium, excuse me "Vibranium" final body cast. This may be Marvel's first introduction of the Black Panther character, and they are attempting to keep it close to the chest.

What do you guys think?

***END SPOILERS****
FL_Ag1998
AG
That trailer is ****ing awesome, and I really love that "spoiler" theory. Serksis sure looks like the character you're referencing, and I would love for his character to lead to what you're implying it does.
Dr. Horrible
I think I just got a chub watching that trailer...
herrera_01
Just a thought on Cap's broken shield. There is a story line and an episode in Avengers Assemble where Cap's shield breaks and he goes to Blank Panther and the people of Ruwanda to help him fix it. I can see them introducing Black Panther in this movie or perhaps in Captain America 3. Any takers?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Just a thought on Cap's broken shield. There is a story line and an episode in Avengers Assemble where Cap's shield breaks and he goes to Blank Panther and the people of Ruwanda to help him fix it. I can see them introducing Black Panther in this movie or perhaps in Captain America 3. Any takers?

I remember that one. And he had some kind of techno-substitute. But that seems like an awful lot to cram into one movie.
TexasAggie_02
AG
First half of season 1 of SHIELD it's atrocious, I almost gave up on it bc the acting and story was so bad. It almost like they tried to copy 'criminal minds' with the flying around on a private jet solving super crimes. But, there are characters and backstory that pay off later.

It really picked up after the Christmas break, and was kicked into high gear after capt 2, and hasn't let up.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I started watching SHIELD and probably watched the first 7 or 8 episodes. I deleted about a dozen episodes of SHIELD when I was trying to make room for the Simpsons marathon. Sounds like I missed a lot of good stuff.

Oh well. I can't keep up with my DVR anymore anyways. Probably doesn't hurt to lose a show that never sucked me in.

This doesn't look like a very good trend for their ratings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Agents_of_S.H.I.E.L.D._episodes#Season_1_.282013.E2.80.9314.29
wangus12
AG
Starting at the 2nd half of season, Shield has been nails.
Dr. Horrible
I almost gave up on shield too, but really glad I didn't. I fully understand why someone would give up on it, but for those of you that did but are still interested in the MCU, go give it another try.
Duncan Idaho
Peak comic is going to happen sooner than late.
fig96
AG
quote:

There's been lots of rumors that he's coming at some point, I can see him being introduced in a post credits scene or something like that.

And good to know on Agents of SHIELD, thanks guys. May just have to buy the whole first season on iTunes to get caught up.
MASAXET
AG
Would LOVE the tie-in with Black Panther. That needs to happen
swimmerbabe11
I love love love Agents of Shield. It is perfectly what it needs to be.
Also, the cast is so in love with their jobs, it is really awesome to watch on twitter.

And that tweet from Marvel is so well played.
First Page Last Page
Page 4 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.