*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,290,646 Views | 26934 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by jokershady
30_Days
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Yep, that's why everyone loves them.

Maybe not everyone, but it's enough to make me roll my eyes.

That, and the fact that's the last movie was little more than a 2 hour long episode of Agents of shield
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
Yep, that's why everyone loves them.

Maybe not everyone, but it's enough to make me roll my eyes.

That, and the fact that's the last movie was little more than a 2 hour long episode of Agents of shield

You're making up reasons to dislike one of the best movies of the MCU. The things that allegedly make your eyes roll aren't even there. Nobody is impressed.
30_Days
AG
whether you acknowledge it or not, they're there.

I know most people like those movies. I liked those movies, i just didn't like them nearly as much as the rest of the MCU. Winter Solder is my least favorite movie in the MCU, but I'd still give it a 6/10.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
whether you acknowledge it or not, they're there.

I know most people like those movies. I liked those movies, i just didn't like them nearly as much as the rest of the MCU. Winter Solder is my least favorite movie in the MCU, but I'd still give it a 6/10.

I could probably make a case that It's a Wonderful Life is a Nazi propaganda film if I tried hard enough. Doesn't mean there is any actual substance to the claim. This is like right wingers all huffy because Harry Potter promotes demon worship.
Bobcat06
AG
So 30 Days didn't like Capt America movies because she was rooting for #TeamHydra

That explains sooo much
30_Days
AG
quote:
So 30 Days didn't like Capt America movies because she was rooting for #TeamHydra

That explains sooo much
no on 2 counts
nickstro66
AG
Think we'll get a Red Hulk appearance? Maybe as a bad guy in Civil War?
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
So if 30 days hates Civil War, that's a good thing for everyone else.
it's basically a conservative wet dream. "OMG the reason government is big and scary is because nazis are running it!" 'merica

better have an old dude who believe is "good old fashioned values" and wears a red white and blue uniform save the country from all these dastardly liberals.
Um, you may want to read the original.

For anyone interested the new Civil War book is an interesting read, issue #2 just came out. The US has been split into two separate nations, with Tony Stark in charge of the Iron and Steve Rogers over the Blue.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
it's basically a conservative wet dream. "OMG the reason government is big and scary is because nazis are running it!" 'merica

better have an old dude who believe is "good old fashioned values" and wears a red white and blue uniform save the country from all these dastardly liberals.

For anyone interested the new Civil War book is an interesting read, issue #2 just came out. The US has been split into two separate nations, with Tony Stark in charge of the Iron and Steve Rogers over the Blue.

I should read the original because the movie is faithful to it or because they add new depth or perspective on it?

I just think Captain America is a boring, cliche character. He doesn't interest me at all. He has about as much depth and complexity as a kiddy pool.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I should read the original because the movie is faithful to it or because they add new depth or perspective on it?

I just think Captain America is a boring, cliche character. He doesn't interest me at all. He has about as much depth and complexity as a kiddy pool.
Well, first because the original doesn't doesn't end like you apparently think it does. I have no idea what their take is going to be in the film, it sounds like they're using the books as a loose basis for the movie but will probably take some liberties. Some of that is too bad because the Stark/Peter Parker subplot is fascinating stuff.

I also think that find Cap rebelling against the massive government oversight, elimination of threats before they're threats, and the idea of licensing superheroes to be him fighting against liberals to be a pretty gross oversimplification of political views.

He is a throwback character, but that's what makes him interesting. His views are very dated in a modern political context that pits his ideals of what he should do for his country directly against his personal ideals of right and wrong. Civil War wouldn't work without him.
bedofbrass33
AG
30_Days

1. Stop trolling
2. You spend too much time on the Politics board and are seeing crazy right wing conspiracy behind every bush.
3. Two hour super hero movies are not the place to find characters with either depth or breadth.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
I'm quite ready for Civil War already, but I'm worried it might be too much like those two meh Captain America movies.

Don;t most polls show that folks think Winter Soldier is one of the best Marvel movies, with the first Cap movie not far down that list?
rhutton125
AG
Cap 2 is one of my favorites but Cap 1 is maybe my least favorite.

Instead of Winter Soldier being a 2-hour Agents of Shield setup, couldn't one say that Agents of Shield post-Cap was just Winter Soldier epilogue? I don't watch AoS, so Cap2 gives me all the Shield/Hydra I could need.
Dr. Horrible
Not to hijack the conversation from Civil War, but with the results of the F4 this weekend, how would everyone see Marvel going about incorporating the first family back into the MCU in the event they were able to get the rights back? I'd think they might go in a similar direction as they did Incredible Hulk, where they semi-acknowledged the previous studio's origin story movie, but didn't depend on it and tie to it directly.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I hope not. F4 has always been some of my least favorite superheroes. Let them be a failure.
30_Days
AG
quote:
Not to hijack the conversation from Civil War, but with the results of the F4 this weekend, how would everyone see Marvel going about incorporating the first family back into the MCU in the event they were able to get the rights back? I'd think they might go in a similar direction as they did Incredible Hulk, where they semi-acknowledged the previous studio's origin story movie, but didn't depend on it and tie to it directly.

the bigger with for Marvel would be getting back the villains from Fantastic Four. Galactus would be an excellent big villain for phase 4.
nickstro66
AG
I'd like to see Dr. Doom in the MCU. But actual Dr. Doom and not the weird looking version they had in the new one.
30_Days
AG
quote:
I'd like to see Dr. Doom in the MCU. But actual Dr. Doom and not the weird looking version they had in the new one.
I'm more excited about Silver Surfer in a future Guardians of the Galaxy movie
rhutton125
AG
Potential Civil War lineups revealed?

We'll see how these things shake out, but it's a pretty interesting line-up, to say the least.

Team Cap:
Captain America
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Falcon
Winter Soldier
Ant-Man

Team Stark:
Iron Man
Vision
Spider-Man
Black Widow
War Machine

I had assumed that Black Widow would go full Freedom Fighter, continuing her arc from Winter Soldier and straying even further from the heartless assassin she used to be... but at the same time, Cap's team would be too big. This could make for some interesting face-offs.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Potential Civil War lineups revealed?

We'll see how these things shake out, but it's a pretty interesting line-up, to say the least.

Team Cap:
Captain America
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Falcon
Winter Soldier
Ant-Man

Team Stark:
Iron Man
Vision
Spider-Man
Black Widow
War Machine

I had assumed that Black Widow would go full Freedom Fighter, continuing her arc from Winter Soldier and straying even further from the heartless assassin she used to be... but at the same time, Cap's team would be too big. This could make for some interesting face-offs.
mark ruffalo was spotted recently in germany where they are filming. Wonder what side he'll be on. or maybe he doesn't take a side, and fights everyone? And then gets banished to space?
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Wonder what side he'll be on.

Him & Stark are buds right? He has a thing for Black Widow. No way he goes against them.
rhutton125
AG
Good points. Though I still doubt we get a Hulk sighting. Maybe Banner, but a Hulk action sequence might be out of place.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:
Wonder what side he'll be on.

Him & Stark are buds right? He has a thing for Black Widow. No way he goes against them.
well, she kinda kicked him down a hole when he didn't want to fight, and then he ran away and ignored her calls.
Saxsoon
AG
It would make for good drama if he ends up on the opposite side
AboveAndBeyond
I don't think Hulk will be IN the movie. Maybe an after credit scene or somethin .
dcaggie04
AG
It will be interesting to see where they go with the Hulk storyline from here on out since it already is different leading into Civil War than it was in the comics.

In the comics leading up to Civil War, the Illuminati (Tony Stark, Namor, Professor X, Reed Richards, Dr. Strange and Black Bolt) made the decision to send Hulk into space because he was too destructive. That led into the Planet Hulk storyline and what happened when he made it back to Earth.
fig96
AG
It also looks like they'll be using Sokovia as the catalyst for Civil War events, which makes sense. I do like the way it happened in the comics, however, with a team of lesser known heroes causing a catastrophic event that triggered everything.

It'll be interesting to see how they bring some other superheroes into the story, we know Spidey and Black Panther are coming and we've got the start of Black Panther's story with Ulysses Klaw and Wakanda introduced in Age of Ultron and a nod to Spidey at the end of Ant-Man. I'm intrigued to see if we'll see any time spent on other smaller name heroes who are new to the story.
Ornithopter
AG
What if they shoot Banner in to space because he's too dangerous? Could be an impetus for a split in the Avengers, and also have Hulk available for GOTG 2.
israeliag
AG
quote:
2. You spend too much time on the Politics board and are seeing crazy right wing conspiracy behind every bush.
I see what you did there.
fig96
AG
Random bit of Ultron trivia I just found that I haven't seen posted, apparently some unused concept art from a Wakandan mine leaked after the film opened. Marvel made all the big sites take it down but a few smaller ones appear to have been missed.

More here:
http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2015/05/concept-art-released-for-unused-wakanda.html
30_Days
AG
quote:
What if they shoot Banner in to space because he's too dangerous? Could be an impetus for a split in the Avengers, and also have Hulk available for GOTG 2.
the problem I see with this is that they haven't really touched on any space program stuff in the past in the movies, they would need to lay a lot of ground work to explain how it is that humans have the kind of technology to launch Hulk into deep space
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
the problem I see with this is that they haven't really touched on any space program stuff in the past in the movies, they would need to lay a lot of ground work to explain how it is that humans have the kind of technology to launch Hulk into deep space

They created a sentient, super intelligent, robot (actually two) in about 5 minutes in AOU...

It's comics...
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

They created a sentient, super intelligent, robot (actually two) in about 5 minutes in AOU...

It's comics...
I'd argue that they had a lot of groundwork for that already laid. For one, it was built directly off of Jarvis, a highly intelligent and arguably sentient AI that's been around since the first Iron Man movie.

But so far nothing at all in the MCU has dealt with spaceflight, forget about interplanetary travel.

Introducing that element would be awesome though, because it would hopefully kick off some S.W.O.R.D. stuff.
benMath08
AG
We (real life humans) could launch someone into deep space right now if we wanted to. It would just take a long time for them to get there. Take 30 seconds for Stark to mention that he combined an arc reactor with a prototype EM drive and voila, sublight deep space travel.

OR, just have Heimdall help out.
TexasAggie_02
AG
idea: have hulk go sub-atomic

if he can spit out a bullet to the head, he could survive shrinking without a suit. Send Hulk to the microverse. have him rampaging through another dimension. when he finally calms down and turns back into banner, he figures out a way home, after banging Hank Pym's wife.
First Page Last Page
Page 66 of 770

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.