*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,510,371 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
tamusc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Feige just confirmed that Endgame will be the final movie to include a Stan Lee cameo.
Queue view inside the Soul Gem.

Stan Lee materializes, looking around.

A single black point on the horizon that resolves into a figure walking towards him. And slowly resolves in Joan..

They greet each other and then walk away together, fading out.

I'd hope that if it's something like that that it's a post credit scene so my bawling doesn't interfere with me watching the rest of the movie.
AgfromHOU
AG
James Harden's shoes tonight of my favorite Avenger. They even have the Stark Industries logo on the back.

https://instagr.am/p/BwQcqYLhroD
AgfromHOU
AG
Apparently you can buy them on 4/26 (go figure)
Prime0882
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

JRC0811 said:

Disney+, so far, sounds like a complete failure. Nothing original... just trying to milk money out of every Marvel or Star Wars character they can. None of these series sound interesting and I've yet to see any reason to pay $6.99 for this service.

You must not have kids
You are correct! I know if I did I would be singing a different tune.
AgfromHOU
AG
I'll give you the Marvel character shows. Those sound terrible. I really think the Mandalorian will be really good because it'll be written by Jon Favreau. Everything this dude touches right now is gold.

Iron Man, Chef, Lion King, Jungle Book, etc.
fig96
AG
AgfromHOU said:

I'll give you the Marvel character shows. Those sound terrible. I really think the Mandalorian will be really good because it'll be written by Jon Favreau. Everything this dude touches right now is gold.

Just a note that Chef is the only one of those he's written. And while I like him a lot as a director, we won't know about Lion King for a bit yet.
The Collective
AG
It is kind of tough to screw up the Lion King, imo.
jabberwalkie09
AG
CJS4715 said:

I'm ready for Disney to be over doing live action remakes of their animated films. Mulan was on freeform last night and I mentioned to my wife they were doing a live action version of it, and she voiced her displeasure over Disney's continued trend.
Farmer1906
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

CJS4715 said:

I'm ready for Disney to be over doing live action remakes of their animated films. Mulan was on freeform last night and I mentioned they were doing a live action version of it, and she voiced her displeasure over Disney's continued trend.
Beauty & the Beast - 1.26 M
Jungle Book - 966 M

We're going to see a lot more.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

CJS4715 said:

I'm ready for Disney to be over doing live action remakes of their animated films. Mulan was on freeform last night and I mentioned they were doing a live action version of it, and she voiced her displeasure over Disney's continued trend.
Jungle Book - 966 M

I get that money talks, but I don't think we as viewers are gaining anything by Disney making these.
fig96
AG
Farmer1906 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

CJS4715 said:

Jungle Book - 966 M

I think the next few will tell us a lot actually.

While I know some are excited by Lion King (I'm personally not), the general opinion on Aladdin isn't positive right now and Dumbo's box office isn't good.
AgfromHOU
AG
fig96 said:

AgfromHOU said:

Just a note that Chef is the only one of those he's written. And while I like him a lot as a director, we won't know about Lion King for a bit yet.

He is the showrunner for The Mandalorian as well
Farmer1906
AG
fig96 said:

Farmer1906 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

CJS4715 said:

Jungle Book - 966 M

While I know some are excited by Lion King (I'm personally not), the general opinion on Aladdin isn't positive right now and Dumbo's box office isn't good.
It isn't? Most people I've talked to about it seem excited. I think it looks great.

If we're ranking Disney movies, Dumbo doesn't crack the top 30.

Lion King and to a lesser extend Aladdin are beloved and top 5/10 types.
fig96
AG
AgfromHOU said:

fig96 said:

AgfromHOU said:

He is the showrunner for The Mandalorian as well
Right, just making the point that he's known for his directing and not his writing.
fig96
AG
Farmer1906 said:

fig96 said:

Farmer1906 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

CJS4715 said:

Jungle Book - 966 M

It isn't? Most people I've talked to about it seem excited. I think it looks great.

If we're ranking Disney movies, Dumbo doesn't crack the top 30.

Lion King and to a lesser extend Aladdin are beloved and top 5/10 types.
Interesting as I don't think I know anyone who's excited about Aladdin. I thought it looked like an attempt at replicating the original minus all the charm.

And Dumbo isn't as big as the others for sure, but it still wasn't expected to be a borderline bomb.

Like I said, we'll learn a lot from the next few.
Farmer1906
AG
I saw Dumbo and didn't like it, but it is interesting how high the bar is set now. 267 M worldwide.
jtstanley4621
AG
Feels like you can nearly always take something nostalgia-filled like those movies and make some money. People will go see it.

I only feel like a movie needs to be remade if it can be remade better, i.e. an HD remake. Animated movies don't need that. They still hold up for sure. I have yet to see an real-life version of an animated movie that I thought was better.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
DVC2010
AG
Well goodbye internet. I'll see you in 2 weeks.
Olsen
AG
fig96
AG
Was just coming to post this. Really puts this whole build up into perspective, seriously impressive.
gougler08
AG
GD this movie is going to be awesome
bearamedic99
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Is the video much of a spoiler? I don't want it to ruin the movie for me.
fig96
AG
Nope, actually more of a recap of all the films leading up to Endgame. Only a bit of footage from the actual film in there.
Olsen
AG
Spoilers are already leaked through social media platforms. Be careful everyone. I've seen actual footage from the movie.
tysker
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Spoilers are already leaked through social media platforms. Be careful everyone. I've seen actual footage from the movie.
I'll never understand why people feel the need to spread such information.
c-jags
Good Aggie Hunting said:

I keep trying to find them but I can't. Which is the same as weed for me.

I wouldn't know where to look if I wanted to start.
MooreTrucker
AG
tysker said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

The same reason news outlets rush to get unvetted content out, or idiots run to Looch posts to post "FIRST!" Getting the scoop puts them into, they think, the cool kid club.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
tysker said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

I was at a church camp at Purdue when the last Harry Potter book came out. There were hundreds of virgins in line that night at the book store. Across the street, two college kids held up the sign "Snape dies, Page 287 (not the real page, I'm pretty sure they were just being funny).

You will never see so much profanity from so many 40-something year old Christian women in your lifetime. HS girls were crying. It was amazing.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
MooreTrucker
AG
I remember when Rush (I think) gave away when Jack Ryan becomes President in whichever book it was. Turns out that it didn't matter because HOW it happened was still quite interesting.
Quinn
AG
Champ Bailey said:

tysker said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

I was at a church camp at Purdue when the last Harry Potter book came out. There were hundreds of virgins in line that night at the book store. Across the street, two college kids held up the sign "Snape dies, Page 287 (not the real page, I'm pretty sure they were just being funny).

You will never see so much profanity from so many 40-something year old Christian women in your lifetime. HS girls were crying. It was amazing.

That story is turning into a "Lemonjello - Orangejello" type story where everyone pretends it happened to them.
TexasAggie_02
AG
c-jags said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/

they have a dedicated stickied topic at the top discussing the leak. Spoilers are allowed in that thread. You may be able to find it in there, but i don't know.
fig96
AG
c-jags said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

I feel like the answer to both these is probably the same: ask a high school kid.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
You are posting on page 376 of a Marvel Cinematic Universe thread and calling Harry Potter fans 'virgins.'

Just thought I'd point that out.
First Page Last Page
Page 376 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.