*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,513,069 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One. After all credits.
MBAR
AG
Holy ****ing *****
RadAg14
AG
Thanos tier 1 character in the MCU
swimmerbabe11
The deadpool thread already has spoilees and thank goodness I didn't know the answers but it's taking all my power to not cheat and look
Farmer1906
AG
I updated the OP with a spoiler warning, buuuuut I can't say if you won or not. That would be a spoiler.
swimmerbabe11
I'm subscribed so it went straight to that post. Didn't see OP update. I saw who won, but no idea who they picked. I also know # but I'm gonna drink another beer and try to forget that

I'm not annoyed at you or anything, it's my own fault
Cromagnum
AG
The Marvel Bunch. No signs of Mark Ruffalo or Jeremy Renner though.

Do NOT read the YouTube comments though. *****nozzles spoiling away.

jr15aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Didn't dislike it per se, just thought it was pretty standard and run of the mill.
You aren't alone... Black Panther was very "meh" for me. I don't see all the marvel movies in the theater, there are a few that I've just waited for the rental. BP would have been one of those but the reviews were so good and I thought it important to see before Infinity War. Wasn't disappointed, but it was very much just OK.

Seeing IW after lunch today... hyped!
The Debt
jtstanley4621 said:

Without any spoilers, how many post credits scenes are there?
just one.

No midcredit scene
Farmer1906
AG
370 days until Avengers 4
TexAgBolter
AG
Is Black Panther required viewing before seeing IW?
MooreTrucker
AG
TexAgBolter said:

Just based on trailers alone, I'd say absolutely.
Farmer1906
AG
TexAgBolter said:

Can you get by? Sure. But there will be a lot of people you don't know. None have major major roles though.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Awesome movie!
WaltonAg18
AG
2.5 hours left until it's time for me to see it... no spoilers yet and the excitement continues to rise. What do the resident nerds think about the faithfulness to the comics?
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

That is truly disappointing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's been a day and I'm still amped.
toucan82
SPOILERS!!!!
Hulla Baller
AG
I'm going at 7 tonight and I can't wait!
Brick Tamland
Wife will watch one movie before going to Infinity War. Should we watch Ultron for Vision, Scarlet Witch, infinity stones, or Civil War for the characters that were in that movie, but not Ultron?

She's seen both GotG movies and the Iron Man trilogy
Cromagnum
AG
Brick Tamland said:

Wife will watch one movie before going to Infinity War. Should we watch Ultron for Vision, Scarlet Witch, infinity stones, or Civil War for the characters that were in that movie, but not Ultron?

Age of Ultron
The Shank Ag
Brick Tamland said:

Ragnarok, just because it's awesome... otherwise civil war for seeing everyone
TCTTS
AG
heddleston
AG
What Shank said, Scarlet Witch and Vision have enough screen time in Civil War to give a breakdown of who they are and what they do.
Beat40
That was awesome!

Only thing, can't believe the ant man and wasp movie will come so close on the heels of this movie. Kinda feel like it should have been a November release.
The Debt
Beat40 said:

That was awesome!

Only thing, can't believe the ant man and wasp movie will come so close on the heels of this movie. Kinda feel like it should have been a November release.

So I checked the expected releases. Its infinity war, then antman, capt marvel, then infinity war 2.

All other marvel films are either xmenverse (deadpool and Phoenix) or spideyverse. So venom while being associated with disney, may not be in the Tom Holland universe. Then there is also "into the spiderverse" and "black&silver" but those are slated to be in the same universe as venom which reports say isn't MCU.

The good news is after infinity war 2 there are spiderman homecoming 2 (with Tom holland) and GOTG 3.

Ant man is absent from infinity war, so the close release could mean 1) that story happens during infinity war, hence his absence, 2) it happens after the events of infinity war which is why the govt has him on house arrest.

I'm leaning toward #1 because I dont think the government is capable is restraining superheroes after the events of IW. And I think the tone of universe changes so much that an ant man movie post-IW wouldn't be fun, funny, or profitable.
israeliag
AG
Or 3) between CW and IW
The Debt
israeliag said:

Or 3) between CW and IW
maybe.

I'm sure they could "iron man 3" it, where Rudd is telling the audience what happened "a year ago" now he is now unshaven, depressed, and alone looking at an empty wasp helmet. That would be hella-depressing but it would expand the character to the limits of Rudds acting chops.
SeattleAgJr
SeattleAgJr
israeliag said:

Or 3) between CW and IW
This.

We know Captain Marvel is set in the 90s
And I bet Ant man is between CW and IW as israeliag stated.

so both of the next two movies are pre-IW
israeliag
AG
wouldn't stop Thor from putting it in his eye
The Debt
If ant man is prior to IW, why not make that the April release and save the may release (the traditional summer blockbuster that will run for 3 months) for IW.
SeattleAgJr
The Debt said:

If ant man is prior to IW, why not make that the April release and save the may release (the traditional summer blockbuster that will run for 3 months) for IW.
because there is no way you can have a jokey super hero movie set in the MCU and on earth, right after the events of IW.

it has to be before
First Page Last Page
Page 256 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.