*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,278,172 Views | 26849 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by YouBet
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought a few months ago that the rumors were that he was going to be killed off.
AliasMan02
AG
I feel like Cap's death is a certainty, but that Stark has more options for an out. I feel like Vision is Starks replacement for Iron Man and that he retires.
israeliag
AG
Are all the stuff they are doing in the comic books testing the water for the big screen? [SPOILERS?] I.E. replacing Thor with a woman and Cap with Falcon

R0GUE
AG
Falcon Cap I could see, but Fem-Thor I doubt it.
AliasMan02
AG
Bucky will be the next Cap. I think Thor will end Thor 3 as king of Asgard (after he ends ir prevents Ragnarok sp?), effectively retiring as an Avenger.
ham98
Beta Ray Bill?
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Beta Ray Bill?

fig96
AG
I thought some aspects of Winter Soldier certainly hinted at a Civil War type storyline. Might be a bit ambitious to try to cover it in 2 1/2 hours but could make for some great storytelling.

Personally I'd love to see something like a Spidey/ Wolverine team up, don't know that we'll ever get the properties into the same universe unfortunately.
AliasMan02
AG
Marvel owns the X-Men TV rights. What if they went all Connery Bond on us and got Jackman to play Wolverine in an arc of Agents of Shield (or Agent Carter)? Especially if the theories about Marvel trying to kill the X-Men franchise are true.
FTACO97
AG
Without X-Men, it would be difficult to really tell the Civil War story line. Since the point of the story is the government forcing mutants to register and the marvel heroes splitting down the middle on either side of the argument.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Without X-Men, it would be difficult to really tell the Civil War story line. Since the point of the story is the government forcing mutants to register and the marvel heroes splitting down the middle on either side of the argument.

cvil war is about forcing anyone in a mask to register.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

cvil war is about forcing anyone in a mask to register.

Yup, much more about Cap and Stark than the X-Men. And really, it's a storyline that could be pretty well adapted to include whichever characters they like.

Also interesting, the "reality show" intro to the book would ring even more true today.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I would be soooooooo on board with Thor 3 introducing us to Beta Ray Bill and Thor ascending to the throne of Asgard.

Then, move the subsequent Thor movies into the other realms or even into other galaxies. No more of this "half the movie must take place on Earth" crap.
MASAXET
AG
quote:
I would be soooooooo on board with Thor 3 introducing us to Beta Ray Bill and Thor ascending to the throne of Asgard.

Then, move the subsequent Thor movies into the other realms or even into other galaxies. No more of this "half the movie must take place on Earth" crap.

Agree with this second part. I liked Thor 2 better than the first because it took place less on earth, and the parts in both that took place on earth were the worst parts.

And for the record, I just saw both Thor movies in the last couple months because I originally didn't have much interest in Marvel properties that didn't take place on earth. But then I realized how excited I was for the GOTG movie, and decided to give them a whirl. My initial impression was very wrong and I actually really enjoy the Thor franchise
CGSC Lobotomy
If the individual many suspect is the new Thor is in fact who she is, they can't possibly use her in film, as Frigga was killed in the last film.
TCTTS
AG
WOW. This is HUGE...

Robert Downey Jr Bringing CIVIL WAR To CAPTAIN AMERICA 3
Red Five
AG
It wont be the Civil War we really want, because as the article points out they dont really have any super heroes to unmask right now, but I will definitely be interested to see their take on it. Great move by Marvel.
West Texan
AG
quote:

Frog of Thunder!!!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
That article brings up that Cap will most likely be sitting out Avengers 3 to possibly return in Avengers 4. I still feel that they are setting up his death (maybe at the end of Cap 3). Then, Marvel can bring in Bucky to pick up the shield for the next lineup of Avengers.

By the time Avengers 3 comes around, I believe we'll have: no Iron Man, Thor on the throne of Asgard, Steve Rogers gone (or dead) and Bucky as the new Captain America. The team would then consist of Bucky, Falcon, Quicksilver, Vision & Scarlet Witch, War Machine and possibly Hawkeye and Black Widow.
TajMaballer
AG
We haven't even seen a trailer for Avengers 2 and I'm already excited for Avengers 3! 2015 needs to hurry up and get here!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
just imagine being told 10 years ago that execs were scared to put their movie featuring batman and superman up against a movie featuring ironman and captain america.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
By the time Avengers 3 comes around, I believe we'll have: no Iron Man, Thor on the throne of Asgard, Steve Rogers gone (or dead) and Bucky as the new Captain America. The team would then consist of Bucky, Falcon, Quicksilver, Vision & Scarlet Witch, War Machine and possibly Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Plus the Guardians, potentially.
Quinn
AG
Guardians will definitely be part of Avengers 3, right? When is Guardians 2 supposed to come out?
TCTTS
AG
Guardians 2 is July 2017. Avengers 3 is either summer 2018 or summer 2019. Hasn't been confirmed which yet.
TCTTS
AG
Devil Faraci @devincf
GREAT thought from @badassdigest commenter: what if Tony & Steve come to blows over Bucky? Tony wants to arrest him, Steve wants to save him
TCTTS
AG
I've thoroughly enjoyed maybe half of the Marvel movies, but have never been head over heals in love with the MCU as a whole. That said, this rundown has me more psyched than I've ever been. I think the coolest thing is how effectively this arc will extend the brand/MCU a bit further than we ever expected (with most of the main players, at least), and in a way that doesn't come across as cheap or desperate. This truly feels like the organic next step, and could make for some of the best drama/conflict we've seen yet...

What Is CIVIL WAR, And How Could It Work In The Marvel Cinematic Universe?
TCTTS
AG
Also gotta throw in Doctor Strange for Avengers 3. I forgot about him.
TCTTS
AG
Based on everything we've just learned, and what we know of the current schedule, here's what I'm thinking so far (though there will no doubt be plenty of unforeseen surprises along the way)...

- Avengers 2 = PHASE 2 FINALE, heroes are completely at odds and fractured by the end of the movie
- Ant-Man = likely no real impact on the MCU as a whole

- Captain America 3 = fallout from Avengers 2 reaches a boiling point between Cap and Stark, one of them may die, if not both finally call it quits
- Doctor Strange = introduces a major player for Avengers 3

- Thor 3 = Thor finally defeats Loki, takes the Asgard throne
- Guardians 2 = introduce an additional Guardian or two, possibly bring in Hulk, at least one core Guardian likely dies, Thanos plot develops further
- Captain Marvel (speculative, though heavily rumored) = introduces a major player for Avengers 3

- Avengers 3 = PHASE 3 FINALE, possible candidates: Black Widow, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, Vision, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, War Machine, Bucky, Guardians, (or even) Spider-Man (no Iron Man, Cap, Thor, and likely no Black Widow or Hulk either)

2018 - 2020
- Ant-Man 2???
- Guardians 3???
- Doctor Strange 2???
- Captain Marvel 2???
- Black Panther???
- TBA???

- Avengers 4 = PHASE 4 FINALE, basically the biggest movie of all time, in which Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hulk and Black Widow are reunited - along with some combination of the survivors from Avengers 3/phase 4 movies - to fight the greatest threat the universe has ever known (likely Thanos, finally)
TCTTS
AG
Also of note, because Marvel dates have only been announced through May 2019 - and because Avengers 3 won't feature the core team - it's possible that phase 4 ends up being shorter than any of the previous phases (which each will have lasted three years). In other words, I could see the gap between Avengers 3 and Avengers 4 being one or two years, putting Avengers 4 in either May 2019 or May 2020, as opposed to May 2021 as I have it slotted above.
Saxsoon
AG
In that scenario, RDJ will be 56/57. I just don't see him playing Tony at that point anymore.
TCTTS
AG
^ Stark may very well be dead anyway, but if not, his age by then is what makes it cool. He'd be the graying "old" guy putting on the suit one last time. Besides, it's not like he needs to be young to operate it. The suit does 99% of the heavy lifting.
TCTTS
AG
After Avengers 2, RDJ making two more appearances as Stark isn't out of the question. Captain America 3 will likely be the last time he has that much screen time, but coming back in some kind of capacity for Avengers 4 shouldn't be an issue. The core cast will no doubt sign one-pic deals for one final appearance, especially since they won't have to carry the load as much with such a huge stable of characters joining them.
LeonardSkinner
Breaking News...

After someone in DC reads TCTTS' theoretical schedule, Disney is sued by the Federal government. Chief among the complaints is a plaintively worded protest that "we're the only ones allowed to print money."
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Very excited for a possible Civil Wars storyline.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Don't forget about the future lineup of the Guardians of the Galaxy

Last Page
Page 2 of 768

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.