***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,870,327 Views | 16746 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by ShawnTxAg
Scotty Flamingo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aw damn. Sid was so awesome.
Scotty Flamingo
Lol Punk was live streaming from under the ring before he attacked Drew
Iowaggie
AG
J182 said:

Sid is one of the few wrestlers I've ever met.
I was in Memphis and saw him in a cafeteria. After telling my colleagues who he was and that I was going to go say hi, I just froze. The guy was so big and so intimidating. Finally, he went and got in line for a hamburger, and I went and stood behind him in line, and when he turned around, I talked to him for about 8 minutes in that line.We talked about softball and his sons, and some wrestling, and all I could think about was how he could at any moment choke-slam and powerbomb me.

I don't think he really had much of a relationship with his sons.
Scotty Flamingo
Giulia is fiiiiine. My goodness.
AtticusMatlock
Goodson said:

An area where AEW could definitely learn/benefit from the WWE is a longer development/build on storylines.

The Ospreay/MJF match at All In is one example. There should have been a longer build to the All-In match ... instead of weeks. Same argument could have been made on the Swerve/Bryan match.

One can argue that the WWE build is too long at times. But there has to be a "sweet spot" that truly engages fans interest and involvement that lies somewhere where the WWE now is ... and where AEW now is.
That's been the knock on AEW for the last several years. The matches are technically good but they aren't doing much else.
J182
AG
WWE released a collection of collegiate themed championship belts. A&M is not a part and I am curious as to why. They have the usual big brand names, so kind of surprised not to see A&M.
👽
duck79
AG
I would assume a licensing issue. There is a poster on the baseball board that works for the Rangers and he has mentioned that A&M is one of the hardest to get scheduled for college night.
Scotty Flamingo
Odyssey Jones got fired
TRM
AG
Domestic violence allegations
Scotty Flamingo
Dude was drafted to Raw. Sits in catering for years. Finally gets a big break and boom.
Sex Panther
AG
Damn that dude fumbled big time
Ribeye-Rare
AG
Quote:

all I could think about was how he could at any moment choke-slam and powerbomb me.
I've been laughing for a couple of days about your saying that. I'd have probably thought the same thing being around a guy like Sid.

Hell, I'd have probably felt the same way being in line behind Leon 'Vader' White, or a half a dozen other wrestlers with 'menacing' personas.
OCEN99
AG
TRM
AG
https://instagr.am/p/C_t8WtgSq5A
Iowaggie
AG
Sex Panther
AG
Well Rupp Arena is huge, not sure why they did it there - it was always going to look empty. But AEW's new tv contract is a done deal, so there's no nail in the coffin.

That said, doing your signature show at a 23k seat arena with everyone knowing that there would almost assuredly be no Bryan Danielson, MJF or Swerve... probably wasn't a great strategy.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Geezes that's the hard cam side of the arena. Irregardless AEW is doing fine, just watch the product and lay off the X. AEW Puts on better PPVs than WWE by far!
First Page Refresh
Page 479 of 479

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.