***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,870,328 Views | 16746 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by ShawnTxAg
toucan82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Until HHH decides that Cena needs another title reign

let's go Cena
aggiebird02
I can't get enough of R Truth, and The Miz plays the perfect straight man along side him…
J182
AG
Arn!!!
👽
aggiebird02
Oh my GOSH!
J182
AG
THAT POP
👽
Scotty Flamingo
Crazy how wrestling works. I just got super hyped for Roman Reigns.
J182
AG
Scotty Flamingo said:

Crazy how wrestling works. I just got super hyped for Roman Reigns.

He got the reaction that VKM was desperate to get for Roman but could never figure how to get there.
👽
duck79
AG
If that was a complete sell by Fatu then it was next level and for storyline purposes I sure hope it was.
Sex Panther
AG
That needle drop and pop for God Emperor Roman's return hit like crack

Scotty Flamingo
duck79 said:

If that was a complete sell by Fatu then it was next level and for storyline purposes I sure hope it was.

HHH said he was hurt during the presser. But wasn't sure how serious it was
Scotty Flamingo
H also said this is probably the last 1 night Summerslam
duck79
AG
Was anyone else surprised that they didn't have Jey come out instead of KO? They could have had the same timing but with Jey then Jimmy coming to help. After those go into the stands you bring Roman out just like it happened and now Civil War is setup.
BCSGrubber
AG
Jimmy and Jey not coming out allows the reunion story of the OG Bloodline to play out on TV with Herman getting to star in the reconciliation role

Also moves Cody out of the Bloodline story to his own where we all assume Randy will turn on him.

Cody vs Roman rematch is the long game story whether that is Mania 41 or later.
Scotty Flamingo
BCSGrubber said:

Jimmy and Jey not coming out allows the reunion story of the OG Bloodline to play out on TV with Herman getting to star in the reconciliation role

Also moves Cody out of the Bloodline story to his own where we all assume Randy will turn on him.

Cody vs Roman rematch is the long game story whether that is Mania 41 or later.

Rock has to come back in at some point too. I feel like he is the one pulling the strings with the new Bloodline.
TRM
AG
It's how they get to Rock vs Roman at WM.
Iowaggie
AG
Steve McMichael at the NFL HOF (ALS is tough way to go)

Daveintx
Nice that the Sicks adopted Bray's last entrance theme (I kind of liked that song to begin with)...

Also, extremely cool to see them utilize the rocker with Howdy taking the place of Bray watching the matches..

BCSGrubber
AG
The pop that Damian and Rhea got last night was huge. Great crowd

Goodson
S
Doesn't it make sense that -- with the quality and depth of the roster -- to establish a mixed tag team title?

You just saw it in the Olympics in swimming. You see it professionally in sports like tennis, etc.

Would be a great fit in sports entertainment.
Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
J182
AG
Goodson said:

Doesn't it make sense that -- with the quality and depth of the roster -- to establish a mixed tag team title?

You just saw it in the Olympics in swimming. You see it professionally in sports like tennis, etc.

Would be a great fit in sports entertainment.
100%. WWE did that mixed match challenge a while back.
AAA has a championship for mixed. So the precedent is there.
👽
TRM
AG
Not really a fan of a mixed tag championship. At the moment, WWE uses mixed tags as a gimmick for other storylines and I don't see it on its own getting good storylines or much TV time otherwise. I'd much rather have a Women's IC and US title.
J182
AG
I can see the benefit to added another women's singles belt. With some of the signings and some of the great NXT wrestlers, I could see that happening sooner than later. NXT added the women's NA, so don't see the main roster wouldn't follow suit.
👽
OCEN99
AG
RIP Kevin Sullivan
Scotty Flamingo
OCEN99 said:

RIP Kevin Sullivan

Great wrestling mind. RIP, Bookerman.
aggiebird02
Dang! Roman whipped that ASS!
Goodson
S
Almost expected a Cody save since Roman had done the same for him at Summer Slam.

But that would have taken some of the shine off Roman to have needed any help.

Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
aggiebird02
The Melo v Andrade March was a mess. Each of them were flubbing their moves. It looked really bad…
aggiebird02
I think LA Knight just called Orlando Washington DC!

I really dig that dude's persona, but he gets flustered when talking on the mic. Remember just a month or two ago when he accidentally inhaled and choked on his gum? I think he was talking to Austin Theory or Logan Paul…
J182
AG
I feel like most matches with melo on the main roster have been very….not great.
👽
aggiebird02
He rocked it on NXT. It's kinda strange…
Dan Scott
AG
Damn seeing Mongo like that hit me hard. Don't take your health for granted.
Bunk Moreland
Anyone watching All In London? Unfortunately I'm tied up today so won't be abke to focus enough to enjoy.
Rocag
AG
Early afternoon ppv's are actually pretty nice.
Goodson
S
An area where AEW could definitely learn/benefit from the WWE is a longer development/build on storylines.

The Ospreay/MJF match at All In is one example. There should have been a longer build to the All-In match ... instead of weeks. Same argument could have been made on the Swerve/Bryan match.

One can argue that the WWE build is too long at times. But there has to be a "sweet spot" that truly engages fans interest and involvement that lies somewhere where the WWE now is ... and where AEW now is.
J182
AG
👽
First Page
Page 478 of 479

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.