***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,778,773 Views | 16579 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by aggiephoenix02
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was surprised it was Taker over stone cold for who gets to take down the rock. Nevertheless it was a cool moment.

Felt like avengers endgame
Bunk Moreland
Ambres said:

A little overdone at the end but it was still a great match.. only way it could have been better if both Golddust & Moxely have shown up.

They could easily move towards a Roman/Seth storyline now and the possibility of a mox return would be nuts.
BCSGrubber
AG
So did this make the undertaker's itch to get back in the ring grow bigger…Taker vs Rock down the road…jk I hope
Sex Panther
AG
It was very silly and overdone, but fun... the Cody coronation was way too much. I'm already rolling my eyes at the guy.

Cody is a good dude and he probably does deserve it... like I said, it's not my thing but hopefully there are some good stories to come with him as the top guy.

Plenty of criticisms for Roman's workload and I understand people being sick of him and ready for a new champ... but I definitely enjoy the aura and the *Final Boss* (before Rock co-opted it) presentation he has and the Bloodline story. I still think there were better stories to end his reign - although they did build Cody up into a worthy successor... but pretty sure the Bloodline story is not over. Ever since Roman declared himself "Head of the Table" - the endgame was always Roman vs Rock.

WWE fans these days feel like they're pretty trained to like what WWE wants them to... but history has shown a guy like Cody usually loses the crowd, and I think they will turn on the goody two shoes, boy-scout gimmick eventually. Super Cena got booed plenty...

And the only thing that really, really excites me about Cody at the top is MJF finally getting to the WWE. it's going to happen at some point. But probably gonna be a few years... But that's your future WM Main Event.
Sex Panther
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Ambres said:

A little overdone at the end but it was still a great match.. only way it could have been better if both Golddust & Moxely have shown up.

They could easily move towards a Roman/Seth storyline now and the possibility of a mox return would be nuts.

Feel like this has to happen someday... but man Mox sure seems like he has no intention of leaving AEW
Sex Panther
AG
I am not holding my breath... but if ever there was a moment for an MJF debut... it's the Raw after Mania when Cody is taking his victory lap...
Moe Jzyslak
AG
That's what I'm hoping for. Who challenges Cody? Rumors of Roman taking a break. McIntyre will go for Priest and Punk.

Are there any top tier heels that can go after Cody right away?
Sex Panther
AG
Probably a couple of easy Cody wins at first... but look for Cody vs Logan Paul at Summerslam, and Gunther will be in the mix soon and the new big bad
Scotty Flamingo
I definitely wanted Stone Cold but everyone who interfered for Cody lost to Roman at some point.

Also Roman focusing on Rollins in his Shield gear over Cody was a nice touch.

Great ending to one of the best storylines ever told in WWE in my opinion.
BoxingAg84
Sex Panther
AG
Calling it now... Cody's first feud as champ is vs AJ Styles
Goodson
S
Another who could be and -- if not -- would be one of first three ... Gunther.
Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
TRM
AG
I think LA Knight will be the next challenger to Cody. Gunther will be the next challenger for Priest/McIntyre
tjack16
AG
I'd be interested to hear the story behind Taker coming back last night over Stone Cold. Anybody have any insight?
dcaggie04
AG
Probably something as simple as Taker was already going to be in town for something else.
Bunk Moreland
Yep, or they reached out to both and Taker said sure while Stone Cold said no. It's likely a very simple explanation without much more to it.
tjack16
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Yep, or they reached out to both and Taker said sure while Stone Cold said no. It's likely a very simple explanation without much more to it.

I'm sure it was something like that but considering stone cold has come back fairly often I'd be surprised he'd say no to something like that for a moment like that
duck79
AG
I'm glad Cody ended Roman's run but all of this now seems a bit much. It's starting to push me towards ready to see him lose already as the next storyline.
tjack16
AG
Wondering who will interrupt the Cody coronation tonight
Dan Scott
AG
Best thing to do is make Cody go heel. Like all this goes to his head.
Brock Sampson
AG
Forgot to mention I enjoyed the post match announcement by Samantha. Also thought she was electric pre-matches as well.
tjack16
AG
Wow this crowd… electric
Brock Sampson
AG
Broke another record
Dan Scott
AG
WTF is happening
tjack16
AG
That whole thing was so awkward
Dan Scott
AG
I thought Cody was going to tell Rock "you have to beat me to hold this belt" instead it got weird
Sex Panther
AG
tjack16 said:

That whole thing was so awkward

"This is awkward" chant was awesome

But that was great... Heel Rock is electric.

Already tired of Cody... I really do want to like him, and think he's a great dude who means what he says... but if they continue like this, the fans are going to turn and turn hard
Bunk Moreland
I honestly don't understand the over the top love for him either. He is by all accounts a consummate professional, great worker, etc. But I don't see him as a long term champ.
Goodson
S
Given Paul Heyman's admiration for Dusty -- and the fact that his services apparently will not be needed by the Bloodline for a time, at least -- it would be interesting to see how HHH might fashion an alliance between the two that would benefit both.

And ... although I wasn't following AEW during his big run there ... it's important to note that "this version of Cody" isn't the "only version of Cody."
Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
Wolfpac 08
AG
I think Cody would make a great heel. He has a natural arrogance to him, which plays right into a heel persona. I like what someone mentioned earlier about a story where he's let the championship go to his head - maybe Paul Heyman gets in his ear and plays a role there.

I think they try out the pure babyface role for a while, though, to see if it continues to get traction.
tjack16
AG
Wolfpac 08 said:

I think Cody would make a great heel. He has a natural arrogance to him, which plays right into a heel persona. I like what someone mentioned earlier about a story where he's let the championship go to his head - maybe Paul Heyman gets in his ear and plays a role there.

I think they try out the pure babyface role for a while, though, to see if it continues to get traction.

I think Cody will have a solid title run as a face, lose it… and then turn heel. But yeah teaming up with Paul Heyman given their history would be so cool. Especially if Heyman leaves the bloodline which I could see Roman kicking him out
Legal Custodian
AG
More of this please

Sex Panther
AG
I've watched this about 20 times and McAfee's - "You guys did it!" cracks me up every time
AtticusMatlock
Meanwhile over on the other promotion, Tony Khan is so desperate to pop a rating on Wednesday that he's going to show the security camera footage of CM Punk and Jungle Boy shoot fighting backstage in London.

I don't know if we are quite in "coffin on roller skates" territory yet but AEW sure does seem directionless.

They have all this in-ring talent but can't seem to put together any sort of compelling storyline.
Sex Panther
AG
It definitely reeks of desperation and seems like a very bad and knee-jerk decision... and I cannot wait to watch
First Page
Page 473 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.