***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,771,638 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by safety guy
Zombie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dread, we are going to Smackdown tonight here in OKC. I'll report back when we get home
Dread Pirate Roberts
I hope you have a great time!
OCEN99
AG
I agree about Raw being lame last night, but the podcast was awesome. I just wish when Vince was talking about none of the roster being willing to grab the brass ring, that Steve would have asked him about how well that worked for Zack Ryder.
Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
I agree about Raw being lame last night, but the podcast was awesome. I just wish when Vince was talking about none of the roster being willing to grab the brass ring, that Steve would have asked him about how well that worked for Zack Ryder.
What does that mean? I don't know a lot of the backstage / politics stuff.
Scotty Flamingo
I heard he apologized about firing punk on his wedding day and that he hopes they can work again one day
OCEN99
AG
Here's a good synopsis of the Zack Ryder saga courtesy of Reddit.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Wow I didn't know all that happened with Ryder...that is bullsh*t
Dread Pirate Roberts
Thanks for the info.

That's pretty bad. After following OCEN's link, there was another link that had this:

quote:

Here's a very telling excerpt from the Observer, as /u/deathsonlydesire pasted on another thread:
Meltzer was texted during the show by a WWE employee stating that the reason Zack was not on the show is because "Vince hates the internet". Backstage, many, many people were upset that the person getting the most chants throughout the night was not brought out for a promo or even a quick appearance in his hometown who clearly wanted him there. Meltzer got some more information today on the thought process.
Evidently, it was indeed a rib/joke being played on Zack. Zack had spent his prior show talking up how he was in his hometown, how excited he was, how this could be his chance to finally shine and move up on the card. Zack was told a few days ago he would have a promo and a match on RAW and would turn face on RAW, even being able to acknowledge his youtube show and Internet Champion gimmick. This is why Zack was so excited the past few days.
The rib went so far as there was even a fake script and timeline alloted for Zack to come out and wrestle, besides Superstars, with his RAW promo and on air face turn. When the time came close for this to happen, Zack was informed plans changed and he would not be on air. This was literally during the broadcast. The entire rib was Vince's idea and was because Vince is not a fan of the "bashing" Zack does about WWE and sees it as "giving in" to someone who is visibly bashing the company with "dropping ball" clips, etc.
Meltzer comments that the real joke is on the fans, as the reaction to him not being on air is not pretty and as the rib is being revealed, even less people are happy. Multiple wrestlers have stated their public displeasure with the rib and John Cena was said to directly confront Vince over the situation and what he felt was a poor joke.

It's not hard to tell that while Vince can run a company, he's not someone you should trust, but to go this far out of your way to mess someone over (if this is true), that's really low.

And Ryder is a likeable character. He and Kofi are nice foils for the overly serious "beast" type wrestlers like Ryback, Lesnar, Reigns, etc, that fill up the roster. I think he's pretty funny and doesn't take himself too seriously, so I enjoy him being out there.
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
And Ryder is a likeable character. He and Kofi are nice foils for the overly serious "beast" type wrestlers like Ryback, Lesnar, Reigns, etc, that fill up the roster. I think he's pretty funny and doesn't take himself too seriously, so I enjoy him being out there.
This is also how I feel about Sandow...even before he became Mizdow, and was doing a unique bash on each city he was in it showed how entertaining he can be with just a little bit of TV time

Texaggie7nine
This is my favorite version of Sandow.

7nine
Gigem Trevas
quote:
This is my favorite version of Sandow.

Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
quote:
This is also how I feel about Sandow...even before he became Mizdow, and was doing a unique bash on each city he was in it showed how entertaining he can be with just a little bit of TV time

Agreed. Sandow is a great one to have in there and either the WWE had brilliant writers in this rebuild and knew he could carry this or (more likely) they tried to bury / ignore him and he was too good to be left as an after thought and The Miz will have to turn on him soon so Sandow can do his thing again.

Two of my favorite wrestling moments of the year are when Sandow ran in, through himself on the mat to mimic what Gold and Stadust just did to the Miz, and then rolled out; and then when he threw himself over the top rope in the battle royal. When I was in college, I would have scoffed at it being dumb, now I'm impressed with anyone that can pull that off. and get a laugh - very few wrestlers could make that funny. And my whole family was laughing at him taking himself over the top rope - that was rewatched multiple times.
Zombie
At Smackdown in OKC. Surprised to see over half of the arena blacked out. Complete upper section is tarped and side the TV camera is on is almost all blacked out
AggieLitigator
Because wrestling has been awful for the last few years.
Zombie
This isn't good for okc. Only 3000 tickets sold so far. Starting to relocate people
Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
This isn't good for okc. Only 3000 tickets sold so far. Starting to relocate people
That's not good. It might be a while before it comes back.

Dread Pirate Roberts
And get on tv!
Zombie
Gotta say, we are loud though!
Zombie
Having Jack Swagger open the show was a good move. Paige lost to Natalia in a dark match
Zombie
Sammy Zayn and Adrian Neville dark match!
Zombie
Damn these two need to be on the main roster asap
Geralt of Rivia
S
Zayn has been (as the bunny)
Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
Sammy Zayn and Adrian Neville dark match!
I'm jealous
Zombie
You could tell the hardcore fans from the casual. When SZ and AN came out, only the hardcore were cheering. Some were singing Ole for SZ. By the end of the match, everyone was cheering for both of them. These guys can steal a show so easily.

Also, I know rumors are the bunny is SZ but after watching him live and watching the bunny live, I don't think it is. The moves are not the same type of style. SZ is more of a brawler first and not as quick on his feet as the bunny is. Plus, i just dont see SZ having the comedic attitude that whoever is playing the bunny does.
OCEN99
AG
quote:
Plus, i just dont see SZ having the comedic attitude that whoever is playing the bunny does.
You should see some of his indie work as El Generico.
OCEN99
AG
The CM Punk followup podcast is up now.
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
Plus, i just dont see SZ having the comedic attitude that whoever is playing the bunny does.

I doubt anybody saw Mick Foley having the comedic attitude before he actually did it

And I'm not saying Zayn is going to be unmasked as the bunny...I still think it'll be darren young eventually once he's healthy
Scotty Flamingo
quote:
The CM Punk followup podcast is up now.

I find it interesting he won't rule out a return to the ring
Original_NoOlives
AG
Does anybody have a legitimate video link or GIF of Ted "the MDM" DiBiase stuffing a hundred dollar bill down his beaten opponent's throat from back in the early 90's WCW days? Searched & searched and can't find any worth a s**t.
Texaggie7nine
I was not aware the MDM was in WCW. Never watched a single show of it.

Here he is in the REAL wrestling federation.

7nine
OCEN99
AG
He was in WCW for a couple of years in the mid to late 90s, originally as the "financial backer" of the nWo, then as a manager and road agent. His $100 bill stuffing days were definitely during his late 80s - early 90s run in the WWF.
Zombie
Let me know what you think of the OKC crowd. Thing to note, there is a reason they are only showing the right side of the arena. Aside from my daughter and I and a few other people, we were the only people on the left side. Made for great, comfortable seats though! Five rows up, lower level
Scotty Flamingo
Just watched the sting-undertaker episode of Monday night wars.....wwe has to make this match happen at mania....i dont care if its a terrible match. The story itself would be incredible
agzonfine
AG
CM Punk just announced he will join UFC
Icecream_Ag
S
Punk on the ufc 181 broadcast talking about joining the ufc officially
First Page Last Page
Page 42 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.