***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,767,602 Views | 16570 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by dcaggie04
GinaLinetti
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seth Rollins is hot. I'd like to give him a haircut but holy hell. Wood. Way better than the guy he used to work with
Scotty Flamingo
No Sting on raw
Scotty Flamingo
Are they hoping we forgot hornswoggle was the anonymous gm?
OCEN99
AG
AJ and the Big Guy brought some serious zinger heat last night.
Daveintx
Gotta love how cole jbl and lawler played off the fact that the podium was right there by them at the end, like a "oh, look what's suddenly here!"
aTmLoKi
AG
quote:
they really know how to keep their positive momentum going. I fully expect the Great Khali to come back next week
Didn't you hear? He's the Anonymous General Manager!!

I don't get it. You knock it out of the park at Survivor Series and then come back the next night and serve us poo. They need more than a slow burn story line to capitalize on their massive (free PPV) coup last night.
Zombie
I think they just wanted to use it as a show to humiliate the Authority.

I also fully expect them to turn Cena heel soon. They've set it up perfectly.
Scotty Flamingo
quote:
I think they just wanted to use it as a show to humiliate the Authority.

I also fully expect them to turn Cena heel soon. They've set it up perfectly.

They're probably waiting til after he loses to lesnar again
Iowaggie
AG
SIAP
Story on Kamala now a double amputee, and had some interesting tale of Kamala's lacking trust in Andre the Giant that he used to carry a gun with him to the ring.

Kamala, from wrestling to double amputee

Or you can just watch this video
Texaggie7nine
Silly rabbits. Cena will never go heel.
7nine
Ronnie Gardocki
What do you guys think when a man is still wrestling in his 60's and 70's? Do you like seeing them because it brings back memories of yesteryear or does it look silly competing with a 25 year-old man in his prime.

When I was a kid the wrestlers retired and stayed away from the actual wrestling part, there were some exceptions.

Imma hang up and listen
Geralt of Rivia
S
It kind of depends on who it is and if they are still able to perform in the ring, but I generally would prefer to see them do some kind of promo storyline wise rather than actually wrestle.
Iowaggie
AG
Interfere with a match or be a supporting role, I'm OK with.

Be the match, or the star...lame.
Zombie
I have no problem with it if they can still wrestle. But people like Flair and Hogan need to stay out of the ring. From what I have seen, Sting can still move at 55.
OCEN99
AG
CM Punk talked at length about his departure from WWE on Colt Cabana's podcast today. Amazing he was able to work with that stack of injuries.
Dan Scott
AG
He speaks! I'll listen to that on way to Aggie game
Scotty Flamingo
Wow!!! Can't blame the guy. Good for him
Redstone
AG
Cena is already the biggest heel in the company. He will never officially turn, especially as it would complicate Make A Wish.
Redstone
AG
And Punk should have really toned down the F-word. He also said GD once. There will be kids listening to the pidcast. That said I will probably listen to the Q and A next week, but not if there is such proficient profanity.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I've been trying for two days to download the CM Punk/Colt Cabana podcast but I get download errors. I wonder if it's been taken down
Redstone
AG
I listened to it straightaway. Very illuminating.
Scotty Flamingo
quote:
I've been trying for two days to download the CM Punk/Colt Cabana podcast but I get download errors. I wonder if it's been taken down

YouTube
Scotty Flamingo
From what I hear...Vince still likes punk and wants him back..but hhh hates his guts
Dread Pirate Roberts
I have to tell you about the Survivor Series night at my house because it was so entertaining with my first grade son. I can't really do it justice, but here it is:

Survivor Series was the first PPV that my son has seen and that was the most entertainment I've seen - watching him, not the show. He would go back and forth from staring intensely at the tv to mimicking their finishers on the couch (including jumping from the top of one to land on the other couch) to screaming in excitement.

My favorite line is when JBL asked what Ambrose was going to do with the ladder and my son responds in the most sarcastic voice a first grader can have: "He's gonna hurt Wyatt with it, what do ya think, Mr. JBL?!?!?" The way he said it had me rolling. My wife will kill me that he's picking up my sarcasm. I need to watch my self more!

Then when the big match hit, his emotions really went wild. He surely woke the neighbors when Big Show took out Henry, but was crushed when his favorite Ryback went out. He understood Ryback could be eliminated, but going out first? He also understands going out first is for the weak link of the team. That hurt my son. He asked me about that for a couple of days. Then when Big Show punched Cena and walked out, I was worried he was going to cry when he asked me if he would ever get to see Ryback, Ziggler, and Rowan wrestle again (b/c of the stipulation of them getting fired for losing). Then when Ziggler was doing great, he was trying to contain his excitement and not get his hopes up, but it kept building. When it was down to just Rollins, my son was screaming and screaming that Ziggler was going to do it. He's also a little black and white, so he can't stand Triple H cheating and was fuming. And while he's never seen Sting wrestle, I told him about Sting when 2K15 came out and showed him a couple off old videos off YouTube; and he likes playing as Sting; so he went nuts when Sting came out. I didn't realize how effective Sting's look (and aura?) has on kids, because my son was excited about Sting, but at his age, he wasn't real sure what was happening and whether this creepy looking guy was going to help or not. When it was over, he ran through the house, including going to where his mom and sister were having a girls night, jumped on the bed and starting screaming about the match.

My wife doesn't like wrestling, but has started watching it with us for the excitement of watching him. While the regular shows aren't at that level, but they're still fun every time.

One example is that he realized New Day was coming out before I did and was thrilled and was pulling for them immediately. I enjoyed their match and I hope WWE builds New Day really well and keeps them together for a long time. I don't want them splitting up like all the other teams do.
Zombie
Dread, that is one of the best parts of it all. My 11 year old daughter loves watching it so much with me, that for her birthday, I got her tickets to Smackdown here in OKC tomorrow night. She was so excited she started crying when she opened them. I have been to 10+ live events including WM 17 in the astrodome. But this is the most excited I have ever been to go simply because I am going with her.
ATM9000
AG
That podcast is totally a worked shoot.
Dan Scott
AG
Setup for Punk to comeback and be anti triple and redo the Austin McMahon story
Dan Scott
AG
They just wasted 15 minutes with introductions for the main event
AggieLitigator
Any Sting tonight
Dan Scott
AG
Nope. Vince showed up in a limo in 1st hour but hasn't been seen since.
Gigem Trevas
That was a boring main event.
Dan Scott
AG
Vince has aged
Zombie
That was the worst raw in a long time
Scotty Flamingo
quote:
That was the worst raw in a long time

No freaking kidding...and that's saying something
Dread Pirate Roberts
Zombie, that's also about your daughter's excitement! Did she at least enjoy going last night even though it wasn't a great show?
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.