***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,771,759 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by safety guy
Icecream_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
Guess they gotta do something for the next PPV since obviously Lesnar wont be there.
why in the hell do you give the championship to someone that only shows up for maybe 3 outta 12 PPV events and appears on Raw/Smackdown 5 times during the year???

WWE is going WCW/NWO on themselves, unfortunately there is no true competition to pick up the slack.
Scotty Flamingo
quote:
quote:
Guess they gotta do something for the next PPV since obviously Lesnar wont be there.
why in the hell do you give the championship to someone that only shows up for maybe 3 outta 12 PPV events and appears on Raw/Smackdown 5 times during the year???

WWE is going WCW/NWO on themselves, unfortunately there is no true competition to pick up the slack.

I read somwhere they got lesnar to agree to more dates....i honestly don't mind one way or the other. It's building up for one hell of a wrestlemania moment for someone
Scotty Flamingo
Is anyone picking up 2k15 today?
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

I read somwhere they got lesnar to agree to more dates....i honestly don't mind one way or the other. It's building up for one hell of a wrestlemania moment for someone
is that before or after his reported UFC return???
Texaggie7nine
WWE has really fallen.

Tickets aren't even reselling for half of what they did for Raw a few months ago.

There are lower level tickets in good sections reselling for as low as $10 right now.

I have never seen that in all the years I've been going.

I used to could buy tix the night they go available not having to worry if I could make it or not because I could always just sell them for a little bit of profit if I couldn't. Now I'm never buying them directly again. This sucks.
7nine
Scotty Flamingo
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

His ufc return has been a rumor for a few years. I don't think he can fight again
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

His ufc return has been a rumor for a few years. I don't think he can fight again
thats kinda my point. rumors have surrounded him basically from day one and only a handful have even been close
Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
Is anyone picking up 2k15 today?
I pre-ordered it, so it should be here soon. I hope its good.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I preordered it for PS4 so it should be here around Nov 18...I should probably buy a PS4 before then also
jrod2181
WWE Network free in November and they are stopping the 6 month commitment. Will def sign back up now that it will be month to month
Scotty Flamingo
Heard cult of personality on the radio...i miss cm punk
Zombie
I never understood the six month commitment thing. I've only paid 9.99 per month since it started
Geralt of Rivia
S
I just saw that Bo Dallas has a foot injury and is out 6-8 weeks. Not that it really matters at the moment.
Scotty Flamingo
Boy they are perfectly setting this up for a potential cena heel turn at SS...
chris1515
AG
When is Wrestlemania coming to Jerry World?
Scotty Flamingo
Was that Luke Harper? That was freaking creepy
Scotty Flamingo
Everyone says next year, chris.
Scotty Flamingo
Looks like Harper is getting a push and Rowan is getting a comic relief spot
Geralt of Rivia
S
That was my thought also...from what Ive seen and read, Harper is a damn good worker
Scotty Flamingo
quote:
That was my thought also...from what Ive seen and read, Harper is a damn good worker

Harper is freaking awesome. YouTube some of his stuff when he was "Brodie Lee"

He can move for a big man
Geralt of Rivia
S
I think Orton is now off to film a movie over the next few weeks
Gigem Trevas
Cena.
Scotty Flamingo
Nah face turn
Scotty Flamingo
Oh and....blood
Scotty Flamingo
I really hope Rusev wins the title here
Scotty Flamingo
Geralt of Rivia
S
Did he win it? I didn't feel like turning my PS3 on to watch
Geralt of Rivia
S
I just looked it up...I guess they wanted to stir things up with the app...seems pretty cheap but I'm glad Rusev won it
Scotty Flamingo
Did anyone see Kane fall down?
Scotty Flamingo
So I went back and looked at it and I'm pretty sure orton bladed last night. Maybe they're allowing wrestlers to bleed again during big beatdowns like that?
Dread Pirate Roberts
Who do you think will be on the Survivor Series teams?
Geralt of Rivia
S
I'm going to guess:
Authority - Rollins, HHH, Kane, Henry, Rusev
Cena - Cena, Ziggler, Big Show, Sheamus, Ryback

Rusev and Ryback are the ones that I am least sure about
Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
I'm going to guess:
Authority - Rollins, HHH, Kane, Henry, Rusev
Cena - Cena, Ziggler, Big Show, Sheamus, Ryback

Rusev and Ryback are the ones that I am least sure about

That's what I was thinking since it looks like Lesnar and Orton won't be involved.

The other options would be Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose. I don't see WWE wanting Wyatt to be on an SS team and I'm not sure about Ambrose. They want them to be set apart from the rest.

Team Authority looks weak from a big picture view (considering past teams). It has three old guys in HHH, Kane, and Henry. Kane and Henry are basically glorified jobbers at this point and HHH rarely wrestles. Rollins and Rusev are getting a huge push, but they're still basically new compared to the others. They'll be the focus and get the wins for their team, but they're also still at the point if they slide back down the ladder or get hurt and are forced to retire, no one will remember them in five years. No one on this team in his prime.

This version of Team Cena will have four guys that have been established for years, but can still move. It also has the Big Show who basically needs a walker - I feel bad for how much pain he must be in to move around

Without knowing the matchups, I think they'll push the young guys and Rollins, Rusev, and Ryback will get the wins. Ziggler, Cena, and HHH will be next in line.

And I think they should include Zach Ryder and Heath Slater for the fun of it.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I was looking at the roster trying to find anybody else that makes sense, but there really isn't anybody else. They have made Cesaro look fairly weak lately for whatever reason, but I wouldn't mind seeing him on Team Authority.

They haven't used Big E, Kofi, or Xavier Woods at any point that I can remember over the last few months. They would have been good to have on either team.

With as much promise as they have on the roster with the younger guys, it really seems to be fairly weak (in my opinion) in the mid-card thanks to the questionable booking and guys just being off TV altogether for long stretches
Dread Pirate Roberts
I agree completely. While I don't know if they've made Sheamus look weak, they've at least taken the luster off him and a few others.

I think its hurting from departures like CM Punk and Rey Mysterio who left the company; part-timers like Lesnar; and injuries like Roman Reigns. The company needs to plan ahead better and always assume they'll be missing top people and have others ready to step in.

I'm glad Ziggler is getting another push - I don't know how he slid down when he's one of (if not the best) all-around in the company (athleticism, microphone, charisma, selling opponents, etc). Too many of these guys just flounder at the bottom or middle and don't go anywhere.

That includes Titus O'Neil. He looks like a beast and a prototype of a big-time wrestler. In a company that's criticized for not having blacks at the top of the league (outside of the Rock), how has he not been given a push? Give him a manager until he improves his mic skills and give him some real matches. He could be a fantastic villain.
First Page Last Page
Page 36 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.