***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,782,640 Views | 16580 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Scotty Flamingo
ShawnTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think darby is plenty talented his match w sammy and his tag match that was essentially 2 on 1 he showed plenty and he is iver as **** right now. Let him step out and up...thats how stars are made
Scotty Flamingo
Yo, but did anyone see that turnbuckle GTS Wardlow hit on that poor soul?
SACR
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

Thoughts on EC:

• Daniel Bryan looked hurt on that German suplex. Yikes, that match went on too long.
  • Andrade v Humberto - don't really care about this feud. Don't know why this continues to go on unless they are trying to reach a certain market and it is working.
  • Thought the men's tag EC was interesting. Really enjoyed the spot with Lince Dorado spot off the top of the cage. Tucker and Otis are growing on me, I find myself getting behind them.
  • Black v AJ was surprisingly good. Would be neat to have Black/Taker v the OC. Still think OC is a dumb name, though.
  • Street Profits v Rollins - Feel like SP has one guy that is terrible on the mic and non-charasmatic, the other tries to overcompensate. Couldn't care less about this feud. All the real tag teams are on Smackdown. Good for them to win, the crowd seems to enjoy.
  • Strowman - Fell asleep during this match.
  • Women's EC - This was such a weak pairing. An NXT star shows up and less than a month later cleans up on the main roster women? This makes the women's roster outside of a few look weak. Also, is SB a vampire or UFC fighter? She is just boring. Also, feel like Nattie took a bad landing and was concussed, the ref thought so as well.

This PPV is why I don't like the special international PPVs. There is minimal time for storyline build and its just a bunch of crap randomly thrown together. Let's hope that WM season gets some good push.

Finally watched this in its entirety.

The Elimination Chamber might be one of my favorite concepts, so I enjoy those matches. Thought the men's tag team EC match was great, but I like Miz and enjoy watching him grow as a wrestler.

Black vs AJ was terrific, they didn't force Taker to make a lame appearance, they handled it well.

Not sure why they continue to bury Strowman, he has top card potential, he can carry a company.

I enjoyed the women's EC match, but I like Shayna Baszler. I do agree with you that it makes the women's roster look weak, but they needed to setup her match against Lynch at Wrestlemania.
J182
AG
Becky Lynch has reportedly been cast in an upcoming Marvel movie. I did notice today that she liked a Marvel post about Black Panther (it shows if someone I follow liked that post). Maybe a subtle hint at BP2?
👽
Sports-Ag
AG
That AEW main event was awesome! That match had everything. So much fun to watch. Loved how the wrestlers in the crowd went and follow the match. If you did not see this match it's a must.

Jr - Good grief what are we watching. Lol

Scotty Flamingo
Holy ***** Sammy got destroyed!
ShawnTxAg
AG
I was think the same haha
Scotty Flamingo

Karrion Kross debuted on NXT. Curious to hear what y'all think of this entrance. It's very different.
ShawnTxAg
AG
I dig it!!
Sports-Ag
AG
The cool thing is the wrestlers in the crowd record moments from the fights and you can go to their social media and see it. Another fun thing was Matt Hardy changed costumes and different characters throughout the fight.

Oh and Jake the Snake putting the snake on Brandi.
Scotty Flamingo
I like that AEW puts staff members and wrestlers in the crowd. Sounds way better than silence
zooguy96
Yeah, putting workers there is hilarious. AEW is sooooo over WWE.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Scotty Flamingo
Watching AEW...matt hardy had me crackin up when he tells the camera man...I need you to document these events!
Scotty Flamingo
I rarely get to watch AEW but every time I do it's a blast
SACR
AG
The Fiend said:

Happy for drew...but damn that win shoulda happened in front of a crowd
Totally agree. That would have been an incredible moment with a crowd, they would have marked out.

I really think this match highlighted Brock's weaknesses as a wrestler. He is a physical specimen, but he's stiff af. He can't talk on the mic, so his only asset is his abilities in the ring.

Happy Drew won because fans deserve a champion who is great inside and outside the ring.
SACR
AG

I was really impressed with John Morrison's performance in the three-way ladder match for the tagteam championship. He was performing some outrageous moves simply to ensure fans watching received their money's worth, that's a true professional.

Firefly Funhouse was a complete mind eff in the best way. Cena's acting chops were on display. "Ruthless aggression!!!' Brilliant stuff there.

Goldberg looked old and stiff in his match, that was a disappointment.
Texan_Aggie
AG
SACR said:

It's been that way for a while. I don't know if he needs money or WWE is reckless with spending, but he should not wrestle again.

Big Cat `93
AG
That AEW footage is what ECW would have looked like during a pandemic. Hilarious.
Bunk Moreland
If you'd have told me 2 years ago that Drew & Braun would be the 2 champs in WWE I'd have told you I'd be watching every week. Here we are and I haven't seen any of their product since WM, but I've seen every weekly episode of AEW. Crazy.
SACR
AG

Just watched Untold: I am The Game.

I don't know how anyone watches the Royal Rumble and Hell in a Cell matches, and doesn't think Foley put Triple H over. Foley can say Triple H brought the best out of him, but those matches made Triple H.
OCEN99
AG
TRM
AG
Money in the Bank tonight and The Last Ride afterwards.
Redstone
AG
I disagree with Cornette about politics and religion, which I why I unsubscribed to his podcast (he has 2 weekly).

However, I agree with him about wrestling almost 100% of the time. His YT channel puts a lot of good stuff up almost every day. In the archives is some hilarious stories. Also, he was responsible for the Montreal Screw Job in the sense that he laid out how it could be done to Vince (check out the Dark Side Vice TV episode if you can't find the YTs about it).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClkZ_CUNwGavQJy2UAYhfXA
maverick2076
Texan_Aggie said:

SACR said:

It's been that way for a while. I don't know if he needs money or WWE is reckless with spending, but he should not wrestle again.

A lot of it comes down to the Saudi deal, in my opinion. The Saudis pay big money to see the old legends.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I'll just make my guess for the MitB winners

Men: Aleister Black
Women: Lacey Evans
ShawnTxAg
AG
I honestly hope u r correct. Truth is soo damn entertaining. Id settle for asuka winning to
ShawnTxAg
AG
Could that be cm punk!?! The white nosie static they used in the video segment sounded just like the beginning of his intro!!
Scotty Flamingo
I think it's Ali
Geralt of Rivia
S
I read that some people un-distorted it and it had been both Ali and Gable so far
maverick2076
Either one would be underwhelming.
Scotty Flamingo
Uhhhhh Otis??
maverick2076
The women's ending was pretty anticlimactic, but the men's ending was great!
ShawnTxAg
AG
Wtf
Geralt of Rivia
S
I love it!

Though, I bet he loses it to Dolph in a few weeks
maverick2076
The Last Ride was awesome.
First Page Last Page
Page 351 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.