***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,771,207 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by safety guy
J182
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
List of April 15
WRESTLERS:
* MJ Jenkins
* Deonna Purrazzo
* Aleksandar Jaksic
* Rusev
* No Way Jose
* Mike Kanellis
* Maria Kanellis
* Primo
* Epico
* Rowan
* Sarah Logan
* Karl Anderson
* Luke Gallows
* EC3
* Drake Maverick
* Curt Hawkins
* Heath Slater
* Eric Young
* Lio Rush

PRODUCERS (Furloughed or released):
* WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle (Released)
* Billy Kidman
* Mike Rotunda
* Pat Buck
* Fit Finlay
* Shawn Daivari
* Scott Armstrong
* Sarah Stock
* Shane Helms
* Lance Storm

COACHES:
* Serena Deeb
* Kendo Kashin
* Chris Guy (Ace Steel)

ANNOUNCERS:
* Aiden English
* Jerry Soto

REFEREES:
* Mike Chioda

CREATIVE:
* Andrea Listenberger
👽
Bunk Moreland
AEW should snag Rusev, Gallows/Anderson and Sarah Logan
Ambres
AG
Wow.. they cut Rusev.. as post mentioned earlier.. must have been due to his contract. Lana can't be that far behind him.

The other talent.. well not surprising.. Gallows and Anderson were never really used right. Curt Hawkins and Heath have been jobbers for a while.. EC3 never did anything on tv.. seems like they could not figure out a good story for him. The Kanellis were a complete waste .. they have talent but Maria got pregnant twice and they really just wanted her.. Mike was brought in as .. sure why not..

When was the last time we seen Primo and Epico? Seriously I don't remember the last time I seen either on tv.

Drake is going to be miss as he was entertaining.. and his wife was hot.

Sarah Logan is good but was being buried behind so many talented ladies. She will do great in AEW.
Bunk Moreland
Pretty cool to have seen Lance locally in some Indie shows and here he is being pushed on AEW
Bunk Moreland
Another great no crowd episode for AEW imo. 30 minute title match that was awesome with Mox and Hager.
Scotty Flamingo
Killer Kross is going by Karrion Kross in th me wwe.... I don't hate it
TRM
AG
Ambres said:

Wow.. they cut Rusev.. as post mentioned earlier.. must have been due to his contract. Lana can't be that far behind him.

The other talent.. well not surprising.. Gallows and Anderson were never really used right. Curt Hawkins and Heath have been jobbers for a while.. EC3 never did anything on tv.. seems like they could not figure out a good story for him. The Kanellis were a complete waste .. they have talent but Maria got pregnant twice and they really just wanted her.. Mike was brought in as .. sure why not..

When was the last time we seen Primo and Epico? Seriously I don't remember the last time I seen either on tv.

Drake is going to be miss as he was entertaining.. and his wife was hot.

Sarah Logan is good but was being buried behind so many talented ladies. She will do great in AEW.
I think most of the guys cut would wrestle on Main Event rather than Raw or Smackdown.

Agreed about Gallows and Anderson. If WWE wanted star power for NXT versus AEW, the logical thing would be to put them with Balor and go OG Bullet Club.

Logan's problem is that creative doesn't really have more than 2 women's storylines going at the same time. Would have been nice to see a triple threat program between her, Ruby and Liv.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I think the biggest surprise was that Primo and Epico still had jobs with WWE before today
johnnyblaze36
AG
BCSGrubber said:

None of these guys have a place to go right now because there are no live shows.
True, but not so fast my friend.

Not to F16 this thread but in thinking about it politically, I really do think that wrestling events and sports entertainment will be back with crowds within less than 10 weeks.

And we have DeSantis as Florida Governor and Trump as Florida resident and WWE Hall of Famer both ready to open back up for business. and Vince as a major donor and POTUS supporter.

I could end up being way wrong, but if I'm AEW I've got Rusev in a promo next Wednesday arriving as a face joining the Elite against Jericho/Jake Hager and crew.
TRM
AG
They've taped 2 months worth of shows so he's not showing up for awhile.
johnnyblaze36
AG
texaggierm said:

They've taped 2 months worth of shows so he's not showing up for awhile.
Welp...

J182
AG
Quote:

WWE is saddened to learn that WWE Hall of Famer Howard Finkel has passed away at age 69.

https://www.wwe.com/article/howard-finkel-passes-away
👽
Wolfpac 08
AG
J-Quob said:

Quote:

WWE is saddened to learn that WWE Hall of Famer Howard Finkel has passed away at age 69.

https://www.wwe.com/article/howard-finkel-passes-away

Just came to post this. Fink was the man..
"DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON THE WOLFPACK...OR YOU MIGHT WIND UP IN A BODY BAG!!!"
J182
AG
👽
J182
AG
Watching Smackdown and so far I've seen:
Tamina win over Banks to get a title shot
Dana Brooke win over Naomi to get in the MITB ladder match
Weird wins.
👽
Geralt of Rivia
S
They're just trying to draw the inevitable Sasha/Bayley match out as long as they can. I can't say I mind it since I'm always wanting to see longer term storytelling
Texan_Aggie
AG
Yes. I think most of the big guys they are putting on ice until they can host ppvs with live audiences. Let some of the minor talent have a shot and, who knows, something may catch. I basically view all the time post WM to be "throw away" time. Has to be the only explanation for Zelina and her crew being on tv for hours on end each week (seemingly)
ShawnTxAg
AG
AEW has been nails tonight!! The Brody Lee character representing Vince and WWE has got some momentum. Only question was who is the new recruit they hinted at tonight? Hawkins? 6'2 240lbs played college ball
johnnyblaze36
AG
ShawnTxAg said:

AEW has been nails tonight!! The Brody Lee character representing Vince and WWE has got some momentum. Only question was who is the new recruit they hinted at tonight? Hawkins? 6'2 240lbs played college ball
The guy that would lose every single match in WWE?

I agree good show tonight. AEW is so lucky to have Jericho on commentary every week to make up for the lack of fan energy.
J182
AG
ShawnTxAg said:

👽
Scotty Flamingo
Velveteen Dream is being accused of some unfortunate stuff.. Hope it's not true.
SACR
AG
Charlotte Flair's twitter handle is appropriate:

Wolfpac 08
AG
What are the accusations?
Icecream_Ag
S
Wolfpac 08 said:

What are the accusations?
explicit pics to underage people (didn't look past the headline)

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/04/24/velveteen-dream-accused-of-sending-explicit-photos-to-underage-girls/
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Living the gimic!
J182
AG
👽
Scotty Flamingo
Tonight's Dark Side of the Ring is about this...I'm really looking forward to this.

J182
AG
Has anyone else heard this weird rumor that Disney (read: ESPN/FOX) are wanting to buy WWE?
👽
Scotty Flamingo
J-Quob said:

Has anyone else heard this weird rumor that Disney (read: ESPN/FOX) are wanting to buy WWE?

Yeah I saw Dutch Mantell tweet something about it
Geralt of Rivia
S
It's kind of cool to hear Lance Archer be billed from Hearne
J182
AG
Archer v Cody in TNT championship finals. Basically what everyone predicted for the finals. The winner will be more of a toss up, but I'll say Archer because Cody doesn't really need the win.
👽
ShawnTxAg
AG
I think that was a waste. Cody should of allowed the talent to shine on this one
Geralt of Rivia
S
Maybe the storyline will be that Dustin comes out and throws in the towel for Cody, and then we get another Cody/Dustin feud (but actually in AEW this time)
ShawnTxAg
AG
Guess we will see
Bunk Moreland
Cody is the talent in that match imo. Darby is fine but he has to have his opponent guy carry a lot of a match due to his size.

Also with Cody not being eligible for the big belt it makes sense to have him take on the new rising monster. If he wins he has the clout to carry it and if he loses his status puts Archer over big time. Darby can't deliver that yet in his career.
First Page Last Page
Page 350 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.