***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,766,938 Views | 16570 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by dcaggie04
Scotty Flamingo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not gonna lie...did not expect that. So ****ing good
toucan82
That was fun. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to watch Edge's entrance another 30 times.
Ambres
AG
Pay per View/Events .. winning an Event gets you 1 pt. winning Wrestlemania gets you 2 pts.
Summer Slam - Geralt
King of the Ring - Ambres
Clash of Champions - Bunk
Hell in a Cell - Ambres
Survivor Series - 3-way (Butcher, Geralt, BCSGrubber)
TLC - 3-way (ShawanTxAg, BCSGrubber, and Sports-Ag)
Royal Rumble - BCSGrubber

Wrestlemania -

Current Score
Geralt - 2pt
Ambres - 2pt
Bunk - 1 pt
Butcher - 1pt
BCSGrubber - 3pt
ShawantxAg - 1pt
Sports_Ag - 1pt
BCSGrubber
AG
Edge almost breaking down in his entrance was my moment of the night.
Scotty Flamingo
BCSGrubber said:

This. After the Kobe stuff today...man that Edge return was so good
J182
AG
BCSGrubber said:

After all the neck issues and being told "never wrestling again", you know this had to mean the world to him. Especially with that ovation. It's a feel good moment for sure.
👽
Scotty Flamingo
Btw...did AJ get injured during the match? Found it weird that Edge eliminated him easily. And it was before both Anderson and gallows were in the ring together.
BCSGrubber
AG
He got hurt on the spear by edge. Hard to tell if it was shoulder or ribs.
maverick2076
I think we get:

Drew vs. Lesnar
Edge vs. Randy
New Day vs. Miz and Morrison
Becky vs. Charlotte
Sasha/Bayley/Lacey

BCSGrubber
AG
Sounds like we may get Charlotte vs Rhea since Rhea pinned her at survivor series
Bobcat06
AG
I would like Strowman vs Keith Lee
Scotty Flamingo
maverick2076 said:

I think we get:

Drew vs. Lesnar
Edge vs. Randy
New Day vs. Miz and Morrison
Becky vs. Charlotte
Sasha/Bayley/Lacey

I think Edge vs Rollins would make sense too...ya know, considering Seth attempted to murder him on Raw a few years ago
J182
AG
Seeing rumors that they are setting up for Roman vs Bray at Wrestlemania...
👽
maverick2076
She will lose again, then. They aren't going to drop Charlotte down to NXT. Maybe Rhea drops the belt to Bianca BelAir and they end up in a triple threat match with Becky.
maverick2076
I'd rather see Keith Lee against someone more athletic, honestly. Maybe Samoa Joe? I'd hate so see Lee get stuck in the role of just another big guy.
Bunk Moreland
Wouldn't mind seeing Orton doing the job for Lee at WM. He'd sell it pretty well and make Lee look like a million bucks imo.
jrod2181
After that Royal Rumble I am now happy that I will be in attendance for Wrestlemania.
Hope to see Keith Lee on the card as well
maverick2076
Orton has been doing the job for the last couple years. I'd like to see him get another good title run before putting someone over.
Bunk Moreland
I would too but I just don't see em doing it unfortunately.
Scotty Flamingo
Drew is so over.
bigjag19
AG
Great going back to watch Edge come out. Couldn't see the detail in the park.

Loved the make everyone completely pissed off strategy with Brock. The pop on the payoff was worth it.
Not a Bot
AG
maverick2076 said:

Orton has been doing the job for the last couple years. I'd like to see him get another good title run before putting someone over.

He is so good in the ring, sells that viper mentality so well. He was awesome last night.

I have no idea how he still looks that good at his age, I know he's not old but he's older than most folks out there.
Scotty Flamingo
A conchairto!
johnnyblaze36
AG
That was a good start and great end to RAW for the first time in a long time. Everything else in between was pretty terrible though imo.

They need to kill the Erik Rowan cage bit. Aleister Black continuing to face jobbers. And what was that Mojo Rawley and No Way Jose segment? Trash booking.
johnnyblaze36
AG
The pacing of that ending was perfect:

clintaggie04
AG
You guys seem to know a lot about pro wrestling so if it doesn't derail the thread too much...

Why does WWE have a "wellness policy" or whatever they call their steroid testing program? If the outcome of matches is predetermined, what advantage does someone have over their competitors if they take steroids? Is it truly for the health of the wrestlers? Just curious what you guys think.
Icecream_Ag
S
clintaggie04 said:

You guys seem to know a lot about pro wrestling so if it doesn't derail the thread too much...

Why does WWE have a "wellness policy" or whatever they call their steroid testing program? If the outcome of matches is predetermined, what advantage does someone have over their competitors if they take steroids? Is it truly for the health of the wrestlers? Just curious what you guys think.
Google Chris Benoit.
Bunk Moreland
I've only ever watched pro wrestling for a couple years, but my guess is they had to get much more strict after the double murder/suicide by Chris Benoit. Even though the wrestlers are IC's, WWE has to have some policies in place.
Geralt of Rivia
S
clintaggie04 said:

It is a business that traditionally puts a lot of emphasis on having a "great look." Steroids can help you get the bodybuilder look that Vince loves.

You're now starting to see less emphasis on it, and more is on being able to put on great matches.

Edit: As others have said, the Benoit murder/suicide had a lot to do with the implementation of the current wellness policy. They had a policy before that, but I think it was pretty much a joke
J182
AG
clintaggie04 said:

There was a big steroid trial in the 90s that probably set off the initial wellness thinking.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pg5n3z/the-forgotten-steroid-trial-that-almost-brought-down-vince-mcmahon

Obviously, this didn't stop steroid use altogether. What was happening to former/then current wrestlers was the early deaths from steroid use/abuse. Even with it being predetermined, the impact the brutal schedule and some of the styles of matches took their toll on wrestlers. Some developed addictions: alcohol, illegal drugs, prescription drugs, etc. This also factored into early deaths and even worse (Chris Benoit was mentioned).
👽
Not a Bot
AG
WWE is also now a publicly traded company. A major event such as Benoit happening now could tank their stock price and potentially open them up to all sorts of liability. They discourage / test for substances so they can at least claim some sort of plausible deniability and it gives them an "out" to get rid of people who put their company at risk. they also have a mental health wellness program and it is pretty well-known they will put their guys in rehab if need be to get them help. Far far far too many wrestlers have died due to drug abuse and addiction.

It is also the reason you don't see guys taking a lot of headshots anymore, particularly with chairs. If that Benoit incident happened today, everyone would have been blaming CTE and not the steroids.
BCSGrubber
AG
I bet Charlotte shows up on NXT tomorrow especially after her promo last night
Geralt of Rivia
S
J182
AG
Charlotte v Ripley. Honestly, don't see how Ripley loses that match at all.

Has to be. Charlotte vs Becky or Bayley is overdone.
👽
Icecream_Ag
S
J-Quob said:

Charlotte v Ripley. Honestly, don't see how Ripley loses that match at all.

Has to be. Charlotte vs Becky or Bayley is overdone.
the women's division has the same problem the men's does, Vince still has final say. So unlike AEW that has limited options, WWE has limited thought process. It's also why NXT has better matches than raw or smackdown
First Page Last Page
Page 335 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.