***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,767,052 Views | 16570 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by dcaggie04
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would have been better to let Alexa win and then take it back at the women's ppv
Scotty Flamingo
If roman wins we riot
Geralt of Rivia
S
Why haven't we just pre-rioted? We know he's going to win
Bunk Moreland
That is the ****tiest finish ever.
maverick2076
That was ******ed.
Scotty Flamingo
Hated that that was the end. But that was ****ing awesome.
Bunk Moreland
"hey the crowd can't handle Roman winning but we can't let Braun win because Roman is our guy... But we don't know if brock is going to Ufc yet so.... Let's just have him neuter the match so we don't have to pick a winner."
Geralt of Rivia
S
They take one F5 each and the match gets thrown out? Roman got up from 5 of them at Wrestlemania, didn't he?!?
Scotty Flamingo
Did u see how much weight brock has lost? Safe bet hes going back to the ufc
Scotty Flamingo
Brock kicking the cell door down made it for me. Obviously gonna be a triple threat match in Australia. With roman winning.
Bunk Moreland
Scotty Flamingo
good gid
chris1515
AG
In terms of in ring performance, is Seth Rollins the best...ever?
Cloud
chris1515 said:

I wouldn't say he's definitively the best ever but definitely one of the best. We really are treated every week between him and AJ Styles.
bigcat22
AG
chris1515 said:

While he is very good, I still don't put him in the league of HBK, Ric Flair, AJ Styles, or even Brett Hart
Texan_Aggie
AG
My thoughts on last night's HIAC PPV.

• Generally, thought it was one of the more exciting PPVs. It was very VERY long, but it also didn't have the million matches that the previous PPVs have been squeezing is. Guess WWE is learning that sometimes, less is more.
  • Hardy v Orton - Thought this was the perfect beginning to the PPV. This was an intense match which really set the tone for the hole night. Orton got cut up pretty bad and the bit with the screwdriver was...errr...gross. But, the hate was believable. Only complaint I had was that Orton rolled off the table too early and not in mid-flight like I would have thought. Sometimes I think Jeff Hardy wants to die in the ring.
  • Lynch v Flair - Overall I thought this match was pretty good. It did not seem like they were completely in sync and the finish was a little off. That said, the two told a good story other than being enemies and essentially have matching outfits. Happy that Becky finally got her title, she's been over SO long. I think WWE is going to be dumb and give it right back to Charlotte in Australia or Evolution.
  • Ziggler/McIntyre v Ambrose/Rollins - This was the best executed match of the night. WWE has been smart to pair Drew with Ziggler. Drew has the look you want, or at least Vince wants, in a wrestler, but is generally pretty lackluster in selling inside the ring/promos. Ziggler sells his ass off and you can definitely see the progression from Drew. Seth was Seth - awesome technically and full of energy. I'm not sure I like the new pissed off and mute Ambrose. I guess that's Shield Ambrose v the Ambrose Asylum. This was the first tag match on Raw I have cared about in probably 6 months.
  • AJ v Samoa Joe - First, I wish WWE would cut the bed time story crap. It doesn't add much. That said, this match was another great one by these two guys, but I didn't think it should have been. With all the "bad blood" between the two of them, I thought this should have been more of a fight than a well executed technical match. At least throw some hardcore stuff in it. The ending was unique, though it was a bit confusing and Joe didn't sell it super well afterward. That said, this match was handicapped as the rematch had already been announced for Australia. I could watch these two go at it every week.
  • Miz/Maryse v Daniel & Brie Bella - Overall, pretty boring match. The Miz/Bryan feud seems a little long and stale, so I guess they had to throw in the wives to add a new wrinkle. Maryse is a great antagonist, but we saw this same storyline at WM with Nikki and John Bella. Can't wait for more Miz/Bryan in Australia...
  • Rousey v Alexa - Match was too long. Didn't buy Rousey's "hurt ribs". No one thought or believed Alexa would be competitive, this match made Rousey look more human. Would have been better off with a 5 minute butt-whipping by Rousey to keep building her legendary persona. Not sure what the story line between Trish and Alexa will be. Whatever it is, it'll be better than Nikki Bella's.
  • Reigns v Strowman - Thought the worst part of the match was Reigns and Strowman wrestling. Mick Foley did not add as much as I'd have hoped. However, Ziggler/Drew/Ambrose/Rollings on top of the cell was awesome. I'm still wondering how Drew and Ambrose got down. Best part of the match was Brock's music hitting. Thought it was a chicken-bleep way to end with a no decision, but I think this is setting up to be a good feud down the road.

WWE needs to reconsider the marketing for these international PPVs it does. With so many of the matches announced ahead of time, it's pretty easy to call the results of the matches at the PPVs immediately preceding them. We already new there would be Alexa/Trish, Styles/Joe, Bryan/Miz, so it was pretty easy to see where the matches were going.
Iowaggie
AG
What was this?

Scotty Flamingo
In terms of in ring performers, I think the best 4 in WWE/NXT right now are:

AJ Styles
Seth Rollins
Johnny Gargano
Roddy Strong
chris1515
AG
bigcat22 said:

chris1515 said:

While he is very good, I still don't put him in the league of HBK, Ric Flair, AJ Styles, or even Brett Hart

Why do think HBK and even Hitman are ahead of him?

Between HBK, AJ Styles, Flair, and Rollins...I think you're getting into a LeBron vs Jordan type argument where they are all at the highest level of elite in ring performers.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I think it's because they have all been elite in ring workers for much longer than Rollins has been, so far. He can get up there in time
bigcat22
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

I think it's because they have all been elite in ring workers for much longer than Rollins has been, so far. He can get up there in time

This is why I don't put him on that all time level, at least not yet. He's got the talent to be in the conversation, but the guys I named earlier did it for 20+ years. And as I'm typing this I realize I didn't even mention Daniel Bryan, Kurt Angle or Chris Jericho, though Angle doesn't have be tenure the others have.
aTmLoKi
AG
Butcj said:

AJ Styles
Seth Rollins
Johnny Gargano
Roddy Strong
You forgot Matt Riddle
Texan_Aggie
AG
bigcat22 said:

chris1515 said:

Throw in Chris Jericho and Eddie Guerrero as well for consideration.
Scotty Flamingo
aTmLoKi said:

Butcj said:

AJ Styles
Seth Rollins
Johnny Gargano
Roddy Strong
You forgot Matt Riddle

He hasn't started yet
maverick2076
I really like heel Becky.
bigcat22
AG
maverick2076 said:

I really like heel Becky.

My favorite of the 4 Horsewomen.
Scotty Flamingo
If you have the wwe network please watch Ricochet vs Pete Dunne from this week's nxt
Geralt of Rivia
S
Don't tell me how to live my life
bigcat22
AG
Just read that it's "unofficially" official that the Saudi show will include a tag team match between Kane/Undertaker and HHH/Shawn Michaels.

I wonder how much $$$ HBK is getting for coming out of retirement for this thing
jrod2181
bigcat22 said:

Just read that it's "unofficially" official that the Saudi show will include a tag team match between Kane/Undertaker and HHH/Shawn Michaels.

I wonder how much $$$ HBK is getting for coming out of retirement for this thing
My guess is 1.5 million
Scotty Flamingo
Geralt of Rivia said:

Don't tell me how to live my life
You won't be sorrrrrrry.
Iowaggie
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

bigcat22 said:

chris1515 said:

Throw in Chris Jericho and Eddie Guerrero as well for consideration.
I don't think I appreciated how good some of those guys were, including Edge.

https://instagr.am/p/BmBBHkiHZCQ
Geralt of Rivia
S
Chris Benoit is another guy that should be in the conversation, but he won't ever be because of what he did

The first match that I ever saw was Benoit vs Booker T, and that had me hooked
Scotty Flamingo
Geralt of Rivia said:

Chris Benoit is another guy that should be in the conversation, but he won't ever be because of what he did

The first match that I ever saw was Benoit vs Booker T, and that had me hooked

Me and my brother always reenacted their best of 7 series matches.
maverick2076
Edge was unbelievable.
First Page Last Page
Page 250 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.