***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,770,898 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by safety guy
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Legal Custodian said:

20 years ago today...Mankind was thrown off and then thru the Hell in the Cell by the Undertaker. One of the greatest moments in wrestling history.

Brief oral history of that match:

Some of the better lines.

Referee Mike Chioda told me that a stretcher was coming to get me after the match. I asked him if I had already been on a stretcher that night. When he said, "Yes," I told him that I couldn't be on two stretchers in one evening. I don't know where I got that edict from. I don't remember my dad sitting me down telling me, "Only one stretcher a night for a Foley."

My vision did not include the cage breaking. I know that's been up for debate for 16 years. The greatest blessing of that match is that it's the only time in my entire history of matches with The Undertaker that I did not get height on the chokeslam. Had I taken a textbook choke slam, I don't think I would be talking to you now. I would have landed on my neck or my head in the ring. And believe me, I think it would have been the end of my career. Instead, for whatever reason, I took the lamest chokeslam, but it was the one that allowed me to land on my back. It knocked me out cold, but it didn't end my career as I believe a different type of chokeslam would have.

Following the match, Mr. McMahon came up to me and said, "You have no idea how much I appreciate what you've just done for this company, but I never want to see anything like that again."

From his book: When presented with the idea of throwing Foley off the top of the cage, Undertaker was a little more hesitant, even going as far as to ask Foley, "Mick, do you want to die?"
bigcat22
AG
A buddy and I were discussing if Aliester Black will be successful once he gets called up to the main roster. Without getting too deep into our debate, I was wondering what fellow Ags think of the current NXT champion's prospects on the main roster.
Scotty Flamingo
I would certainly think so...Aleister and TUE are on a different level right now. But recent call ups haven't been so hot....so we shall see.
bigcat22
AG
He definitely has the skill and charisma to make it on the main roster. The debate really started over whether his gimmick would fly in the "PG era" and family friendly tone of the current product. There is already "darker" characters with the Wyatt family and broken Matt Hardy, but it was pointed out to me that most of Black's attire and tattoos are occult symbols and that he himself is openly into the occult. I remember Undertaker and ministry had some dark imagery and whatnot, but that was a different time and era, and apparently didn't involve actual occult imagery or whatever. Now, I don't want this to turn into a religious debate or anything but found it interesting that someone actually noticed this and made an issue of it.
Geralt of Rivia
S
As long as he doesn't bring it up in promos and stuff like that, I think he would be okay. Lots of guys have tattoos, and you usually don't get great looks at them unless you're looking at pictures

I think he could easily be successful, but I think he could easily not be. To me, it depends on if Vince trusts Triple H with how he should be used on the main roster
Geralt of Rivia
S
Matt Cappotelli died

https://instagr.am/p/BkoMonkHCmS
Scotty Flamingo
Poor KO
Not a Bot
AG
Re: Foley/Undertaker match. Prichard's podcast this week covered it. Worth a listen.

They had planned for the top of the cage to collapse, but it wasn't supposed to be like that. It was apparently supposed to gradually sink and flip down, but not on the first impact. He was supposed to take another bump to make it flip down, hold on to the side and ride it down and not fall very far to the ring.

One of the craziest moments came after they had left the ring. Foley was backstage and apologized to Bruce Prichard because he "forgot the thumbtacks." He was so concussed he had no memory of the end of the match and thought he'd forgotten to get the tacks out from under the ring
Scotty Flamingo
G1 Special in San Francisco is Saturday live on AXS TV and NJPW World

Solid card

* YOSHI-HASHI, Gedo, Rocky Romero, SHO, & YOH vs. Haku, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Yujiro Takahashi, & Chase Owens
* Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano vs. Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.
* Hiroshi Tanahashi & KUSHIDA vs. Hangman Page & Marty Scurll
* NEVER Openweight Title Match: Champion Hirooki Goto vs. Jeff Cobb
* IWGP Tag Team Title Match: Champions The Young Bucks vs. EVIL & SANADA
* Kazuchika Okada & Will Ospreay vs. Tetsuya Naito & BUSHI
* IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match: Champion Hiromu Takahashi vs. Dragon Lee
* IWGP US Title Match: Champion Jay White vs. Juice Robinson
* IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: Champion Kenny Omega vs. Cody Rhodes
Scotty Flamingo
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2960464

Thought this was cool
Scotty Flamingo
Man Haku
Scotty Flamingo
****ing Haku. I still cant believe it
Scotty Flamingo
Also known as Meng
Scotty Flamingo
DC is the new heavyweight champ. Called out Brock. Brock showed up and cut the greatest heel promo ever. That was ****ing amazing.
brew82
That was the best part of the pay per view. Hope Lesnar wins the title again.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Is it just me or is RAW sucking big time lately? There are no story lines that interest me at all and nothing that motivates me to want to watch Extreme Rules other than Braun and KO in a steel cage.

Smackdown Live has been far more entertaining the past couple of months imo. Just wondering if I'm the only one that finds themselves fast forwarding through almost the whole show every week.
maverick2076
Not just you. I probably ignore 80% of Raw.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I tend to skip both Raw and Smackdown these days unless I am told about something that really interests me.
Bunk Moreland
yeah Raw has been awful for some time now. That's what happens when they let a guy hold the belt hostage & never show up on TV...hell or even half the PPV's.

Lots of rumors about Brock/UFC/Summerslam and his contract expiring, what he's really angling for, etc. Either way it caused the main event of Extreme Rules to be a joke and it neuters any storylines with the top guys because they can't even write legitimate stuff to go after a belt that is never traded and never defended.
superunknown
AG
Saw a headline on ESPN.com that Lesnar has re-entered the UFC's anti-doping program.
Bunk Moreland
UFC needs a big name so bad right now. Brock probably happy to let both companies drive up his prices. I hope he goes off to UFC for a time so they can get Raw and the Universal Title moving in some sort of direction.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I still thought the Money in the Bank PPV was strong with both brands represented well but the rest of RAW has been garbage.

Part of me wonders if the timing of improving the SD Live roster was to help foster the deal with Fox. Seriously, WGAF about a Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley feud or Mojo Rawley vs No Way Jose?!
Geralt of Rivia
S
johnnyblaze36 said:

Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley
I've read that this will be the main event of Extreme Rules
Bunk Moreland
Geralt of Rivia said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley
I've read that this will be the main event of Extreme Rules

Yep, and they're feeling the heat. They added a KO/Braun steel cage match like last night.

Currently:

Carmella vs Asuka (SD Women's Title Match)
Alexa vs. Nia (Raw Women's Title Match)
Deleters of Words vs B-Team (Raw Tag Team Title Match)
Bludgeon Brothers vs Team Hell No (SD Tag Team Title match)
Finn Balor vs. Baron Corbin
Jeff Hardy vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (US Title Match)
Dolph Ziggler vs Seth Rollins (Ironman match/IC Title Match)
KO vs Braun (Steel Cage)
AJ Styles vs. Rusev (WWE Title Match)
Roman vs. Lashley

The ones in bold are the only 3 i'm interested in. Hardy/Nak somewhat interests me...Alexa is hot so we have that...Corbin and Finn I feel like are 2 of the most consistently boring "good" wrestlers in the company...in that they each do the same match almost every time.

I dunno...I'm sure they'll hype it up but if Roman/Lashley really is the last fight I don't see any way I watch the main event.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Styles vs Rusev is really the only one that I'm interested in right now. I think that there will be quite a few solid matches, but none of them really interest me at all.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I forgot about Styles vs Rusev Day. That excites me. Bludgeon Brothers vs Team Hell No could be interesting as could Hardy vs Shinsuke. Again, all blue brand.

I was loving the trajectory Rollins was on for awhile. He was putting on some great matches. I just have never been able to get anything involving Dolph Ziggler ever.
johnnyblaze36
AG
What is the Miz doing? I can't remember.

Oh yeah, the Gauntlet match with The New Day right? That does something for me for sure considering those are all of my favorite entertainers.
duck79
AG
Isn't Miz skipping to do the MLB All star game?
johnnyblaze36
AG
duck79 said:

Isn't Miz skipping to do the MLB All star game?
I hadn't heard that but I did just google the Miz and found out he and Maryse recently to moved to Austin. That was news to me.

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/How-a-Hollywood-Star-Tour-Made-WWE-s-13063233.php

Quote:

Instead, Austin won their hearts. They immediately found a home they love in a city that's good for travel, is family oriented, safe and "really clean, really fun," per Maryse.
duck79
AG
I read he was taking part in the celebrity all star game and skipping extreme rules to do so.

Was he in the Real World cast that was in Austin?
aggiecadet09
I think he was part of a New York one.
Bunk Moreland
No, he was in the return to New York along with Austin radio personality Kevin Dunn
Geralt of Rivia
S
It seems like Austin is where they are starting to move to. I heard Paige recently moved there, and a good friend of mine saw her (and Seth Rollins' ex) at a bar a couple of months ago

There is another woman on the roster that recently moved there. I want to say it's Bayley
Bunk Moreland
Yeah Bayley lives and trains there.. A friend of mine saw her at a nail salon.

And obviously Taker has been there for years.
Scotty Flamingo
I'm gonna start regularly watching NJPW. Does anyone else?

Don't they basically just do like 1 big show a month? It's not like weekly stuff like Raw and Smackdown?

I know the G1 starts this weekend.
First Page Last Page
Page 243 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.