***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,771,824 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by safety guy
Dread Pirate Roberts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kenny Omega said:

That's a big deal. Looks like Smackdown is the A show now

I dont think so as that is $200M/yr and I read an article yesterday responding to the Smackdown news saying that expectations for Raw are for $260M/yr. But that's just an estimate, so we dont know for sure.
OCEN99
AG
From Dave Meltzer prior to the deal being announced:

Quote:

"If [SD Live] gets anywhere from $80-$160 million, they're on easy street. They don't need to sell house show tickets, merchandise, PPVs & network subscriptions anymore, because the TV money is going to carry them to extreme profitability, and that's why the stock is so high, because people kind of see that. There should be no or slight added TV costs, and instead of making $160m revenue in the US, they'd be making $300-$400m."
Scotty Flamingo
Owen fell 19 years ago today...Felt like it was yesterday.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I remember talking about this at school the next day in algebra. Can't believe it's been that long ago
chris1515
AG
OCEN99 said:

From Dave Meltzer prior to the deal being announced:

Quote:

"If [SD Live] gets anywhere from $80-$160 million, they're on easy street. They don't need to sell house show tickets, merchandise, PPVs & network subscriptions anymore, because the TV money is going to carry them to extreme profitability, and that's why the stock is so high, because people kind of see that. There should be no or slight added TV costs, and instead of making $160m revenue in the US, they'd be making $300-$400m."

But...with the increased exposure of the FOX broadcasts, all those other revenue streams should see some impressive growth as well.

I bought the stock several months ago when I started reading about a new TV deal, and with the international push with Jinder as Champ and the Saudi deal. It's been a nice run and I'm tempted to take some profits, but I feel like this could be a nice growth story for a while.

With this much money being thrown around, someone's going to get CM Punk back in the ring.
Maybe even bring back the Rock or someone for a limited run when FOX gets cranked up.
1 or more competing promotions should be enjoying a nice halo effect and getting some better tv exposure.
This could be very interesting.
Cloud
Anyone else excited for a potential Elias push? Hoping for a title match between him and Seth at MitB
chris1515
AG
WWE Live event in Arlington at UTA Sunday FYI.
bigcat22
AG
So Enzo Amore has resurfaced, kinda.

thar_ag
Quote:

Of particular ire to al-Qaeda, however, appears to be a World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) event in the Saudi city of Jeddah which took place in April.

"[Foreign] disbelieving wrestlers exposed their privates and on most of them was the sign of the cross, in front of a mixed gathering of young Muslim men and women," it said.
Wonder if this will have any impact on future in SA.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/al-qaeda-saudi-crown-prince-wwe-cinemas-sinful-mohammed-bin-salman-yemen-a8379021.html
Geralt of Rivia
S
Have any of you watched the Formerly Known As videos on WWE's YouTube? I really like them
bigcat22
AG
Well, thanks to his lawsuit with WWE, it is confirmed that the "CM" in CM Punk stands for Chick Magnet.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Not to be rude, but I think that was fairly common knowledge. From a tag team when he first started wrestling
bigcat22
AG
Gotcha, I was never much of a fan and didn't follow his career, but always heard it meant Chicago Made and other things like that
Geralt of Rivia
S
Gotcha. That would also make sense.
Scotty Flamingo
PSA: Buddy Murphy is ****ing amazing
Scotty Flamingo
Kinda think hes a ripoff of me tho
Geralt of Rivia
S
CM Punk won his defamation lawsuit

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cm-punk-wins-defamation-lawsuit-wwe-doctor-days-ahead-ufc-225-233757248.html
Scotty Flamingo
Doink the Clown said:

CM Punk won his defamation lawsuit

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cm-punk-wins-defamation-lawsuit-wwe-doctor-days-ahead-ufc-225-233757248.html
That's old news bro...
Scotty Flamingo
Also a reporter for some wrestling site asked him if he was "All In"

He said no.
Scotty Flamingo
Anyone gonna watch dominion on Saturday? I might resubscribe to NJPW world to watch
Scotty Flamingo
https://www.wwe.com/article/xavier-woods-kenny-omega-e3-street-fighter

You're going down Woods!!!!

Seriously though....crazy seeing Omega get a mention on WWE.com
Bunk Moreland
Kenny Omega said:

https://www.wwe.com/article/xavier-woods-kenny-omega-e3-street-fighter

You're going down Woods!!!!

Seriously though....crazy seeing Omega get a mention on WWE.com

It's cause he's going over this weekend in the 2/3 falls match against Okada, and then showing up next January at the rumble!!!
bigcat22
AG
Kenny Omega said:

PSA: Buddy Murphy is ****ing amazing

I mean he locked up Alexa Bliss so...
Scotty Flamingo
Figured I'd post the Dominion card since it'll air at 2 am central. (I will not be staying up for this one like I did with Wrestle Kingdom lol)

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP (2 OUT OF 3 FALLS/NO TIME LIMIT)
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega

IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Chris Jericho

IWPG JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Will Ospreay (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi

IWGP TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
EVIL and SANADA (c) vs. The Young Bucks

NEVER OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Hirooki Goto (c) vs. Michael Elgin vs. Taichi

IWGP JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs. SHO and YOH

David Finlay and Juice Robinson vs. YOSHI-HASHI and Jay White

Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii vs. Zack Sabre Jr. and Minoru Suzuki

Rey Mysterio, Jushin Thunder Liger, and Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Marty Scurll, Hangman Page, and Cody
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Jericho is doing this again? I missed that and I listen to his podcast.
Scotty Flamingo
Yep! And rey mysterio
Scotty Flamingo
Just finished the Okada-Omega match.....HOOOOO-LEE *****
Bunk Moreland
Kenny Omega said:

Just finished the Okada-Omega match.....HOOOOO-LEE *****

Where can you watch a replay of the entire event?
Bunk Moreland
Found a link. Watched the mysterio match, young bucks, Jericho, and now Okada Omega. Just saw first pin. This match is incredible as expected. The storytelling the top level wrestlers do in njpw is something wwe needs to learn how to do.
Wolfpac 08
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Found a link. Watched the mysterio match, young bucks, Jericho, and now Okada Omega. Just saw first pin. This match is incredible as expected. The storytelling the top level wrestlers do in njpw is something wwe needs to learn how to do.

Would you like to share with the rest of the class?
Bunk Moreland
Watchwrestling24.net

Then there's a bunch of links for it. Gotta go through a few annoying pop ups and ads but then the quality is great. They chopped the event up in 3 or 4 vids.
Bunk Moreland
Wow! What a match. Omega and Okada are on a different planet. That has been an amazing 4 match run for those 2.
Icecream_Ag
S
Cm punk ufc fight #2 starting now.

Fighting a golden gloves boxer from Houston

Round one goes to the Houston kid, but punk with good aggression and worked a takedown late. Chicago crowd fully behind punk

Punk survives round two and that's about all that can be said for him.

Punk makes it through the fight.

Houston guy wins the fight 30-26 (which may be the most embarrassing ufc fight ever).
Wolfpac 08
AG
Punk is terrible
Bunk Moreland
That guy was jobbing to make it go 3 rounds. He basically admitted it by acknowledging after that he doesn't have a future in Ufc
First Page Last Page
Page 239 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.