***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,772,091 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by safety guy
maverick2076
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And Asuka
Bunk Moreland
Now gallows and Anderson + Almas from NXT
Bunk Moreland
When the shake up is over I want to compare the swaps. At least for my tastes I know I'll think SD did better. Though I do love KO.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Nikki Cross isn't coming to SD with SAnitY
Redstone
AG
Ambrose ruled Smackdown, and now....will he be the new Dolph? The new Cesaro? Or will he take his rightful place atop a big show?

Will Reigns align with Mr. McMahon, and be the chosen one heel we all know he should be?

Will Cena breaking Nikki Bella's heart be a shoot, a work, or a worked shoot?!?!
aTmLoKi
AG
Smackdown killed! I think I can stop watching Raw for awhile. Thanks WWE for saving me 3 extra hours each week!
Dan Scott
AG
Smackdown is loaded
Scotty Flamingo
Smackdown is the a show again
Ambres
AG
I rated the wrestler 1-4 .. 1 being ..whatever .. and 4 being .. heck yea I want to see him.
This is my opinion and I am sure other people would have scored it differently.

Moving to Smackdown Live

• The Miz - 4
  • WWE US Champion Jeff Hardy - 4
  • Sonya Deville - 2
  • Mandy Rose - 2
  • Samoa Joe - 4
  • Eric Young from SAnitY - 2
  • Killian Dane from SAnitY - 2
  • Alexander Wolfe from SAnitY - 2
  • Big Cass - 3
  • Asuka - 3
  • Luke Gallows - 3
  • Karl Anderson - 3
  • Cesaro - 3
  • Sheamus - 3
  • Andrade "Cien" Almas (with Zelina Vega) - 3
  • R-Truth - 3
Moving to Raw
  • Jinder Mahal - 3
  • Sunil Singh - 2
  • Rudy Riott - 2
  • Liv Morgan - 2
  • Sarah Logan - 2
  • Kevin Owens - 4
  • Sami Zayn -3
  • Zack Ryder - 2
  • Tyler Breeze - 2
  • Fandango - 2
  • Natalya - 3
  • Dolph Ziggler - 3
  • Drew McIntyre - 3
  • Konnor of Ascension - 2
  • Viktor of Ascension - 2
  • Mojo Rawley - 2
  • Baron Corbin - 3
  • Bobby Roode - 4
  • Mike Kanellis - 1
  • Chad Gable - 3
dcaggie04
AG
Killian Dane would be higher than a 2 for me as I really enjoyed what he could do in NXT. Hopefully they will let him do the same stuff now.
bigcat22
AG
I'm a little surprised they didn't move Charlotte to Raw so she can start to build a feud with Rousey. I've read some early rumors that WWE is considering having Charlotte v Rousey headline next year's Wrestlemania.
dcaggie04
AG
bigcat22 said:

I'm a little surprised they didn't move Charlotte to Raw so she can start to build a feud with Rousey. I've read some early rumors that WWE is considering having Charlotte v Rousey headline next year's Wrestlemania.
It sounds like they moved Natalya over to work with Rousey (as we saw Rousey come to her aid on Monday). They have been training together for a while and are good friends. I heard the plan will be to slowly have Natalya turn on Rousey and start a feud..
Geralt of Rivia
S
bigcat22 said:

I was also, but now they have the option of having Charlotte (or Rousey) win the women's Royal Rumble to kick off the feud as a last resort
Geralt of Rivia
S
Scotty Flamingo
Doink the Clown said:

Press F to Pay Respects
Goodson
S
WWE will never give up on trying to get Reigns over as a former bad boy gone good (as was the case with their prior banner bearer, John Cena).

Too many important linkages (Make A Wish Foundation, etc.) to be carried by the organization's resident babyface ... and they badly want that to be Reigns ... and there's a number of other reasons for it. as well.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Kids and ladies seem to love Reigns, so I think that has a lot to do with it
Jimmy McNulty
AG
what other reasons that can't be fulfilled by someone like AJ who has successfully gone from heel to baby? He'll never be what they want him to be without a heel run.
chris1515
AG
Doink the Clown said:

Kids and ladies seem to love Reigns, so I think that has a lot to do with it

I went to a WWE Live event earlier this year, and all the kids went ape s*** for Roman. Someone watching on TV and following WWE online would never realize that level of popularity.
Goodson
S
To flip Reigns from heel (where he started as a member of The Shield) to babyface back heel would lose all the equity they've built up with that move. The only person I can recall having done that successfully is Shawn Michaels, and there was never an attempt to make him one of the true "faces" of the WWE for their Make a Wish and philanthropic initiatives.

Reigns has improved his ring work significantly since coming on board. The biggest disservice the WWE did him was not having an arch nemesis for him to play off of when he made the babyface turn. Or to have a buildup with another wrestler who turned on him to build up the audience sympathy and support.

HHH, Steph and Shane (if all three are truly involved) simply don't have the intuition for that kind of build-out that Vince had.
HBtriplesticks
AG
Reigns is a plenty good worker, and I actually like him. My problem with Roman isn't even a problem with Roman so much as a problem with the effect he has on the rest of the roster.

Adult wrestling fans, knowing that it's predetermined, don't view wins as a reason to like someone. And we have watched guy after guy (Joe, Braun, AJ, Rusev, etc.) Get over, and then get fed to the "get Roman over" machine, whether it was Brock or Reigns that ate them. That works for kids, because he keeps winning or looking like a badass. But I just see wasted momentum, and missed opportunities to have a white-hot star because of tunnel vision from the top, who only wants a SPECIFIC star to be white-hot.

I like Roman, I just like lots of other wrestlers, too. And watching his push engulf theirs is extra frustrating.
Geralt of Rivia
S
The Lions Pride Sports Show was a lot of fun tonight. I hadn't heard of anybody besides Jerry Lawler before tonight, but it was awesome.

Next month in Navasota should be fun also. They are advertising Rikishi, Billy Gunn, and MVP for that show
Scotty Flamingo
Wade
Geralt of Rivia
S
I think what I'm most excited about with The Greatest Royal Rumble is that Creepy Long Haired Dude will most likely not be in the front row
Scotty Flamingo
Wade
chris1515
AG
I read that Paul Heyman won't be at the Greatest Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia. I'd love to know how the discussion went down with the WWE's biggest Jewish superstar missing a huge event in Saudi Arabia....
Redstone
AG
Reigns can work as a de facto heel, like Cena did towards the end recently.

Problem with turning him like I would like - Vince's chosen one - is swag sales.
Dread Pirate Roberts
chris1515 said:

I read that Paul Heyman won't be at the Greatest Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia. I'd love to know how the discussion went down with the WWE's biggest Jewish superstar missing a huge event in Saudi Arabia....

I like that he's standing up for what he believes in.
Dread Pirate Roberts
Reigns has to win the title right? This has gone on too long.

Same for Cena. I don't remember the last time he's won a big-time match.
maverick2076
I doubt Cena wins a belt until the next WrestleMania.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Got tickets for the Lions Pride Sports Show next month in Navasota

Rikishi, Billy Gunn, MVP, Snitsky, Shane Douglas, and Gangrel are all advertised for it
Bunk Moreland
Doink the Clown said:

Got tickets for the Lions Pride Sports Show next month in Navasota

Rikishi, Billy Gunn, MVP, Snitsky, Shane Douglas, and Gangrel are all advertised for it

Can't make it to this one but really glad to see Lions Pride is having success and growing. Should be some fun shows in the Brazos valley in the next couple years
Geralt of Rivia
S
I had never heard of anybody last weekend (other than Lawler, of course) and the show was a freakin blast
Bunk Moreland
Yeah that card had a lot of the same guys I saw in October. Real fun and easily worth the price of admission. Got a chance to talk to the owner and wrestlers in Oct and they were all really good people. Rooting for them to succeed.
duck79
AG
Watching the NBA playoffs, when did Seth Rollins and Ricky Rubio become twins?
First Page Last Page
Page 236 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.