***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,771,639 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by safety guy
Scotty Flamingo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes! That's it! Thanks!

I also found out today Lenny Lane wrestled Jack Swagger on an episode of ECW in like 2008.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Lenny and Lodi...aka...The West Hollywood Blondes
Dread Pirate Roberts
Is Kurt Angle okay? I haven't watched in a long time and my son and I started up again a few weeks ago. He's not speaking smoothly at all. He butchered it with Bliss and someone else. He also looks likes he's sweating profusely at all times.

Maybe it's been a gradual decline for regular viewers, but for someone who remembers him being fantastic on the mic; he looks like he's drinking again or had a stroke. I don't say that lightly or disrespectfully, I'm actually concerned.
Dread Pirate Roberts
For my son: how long is Orton out?
johnnyblaze36
AG
Orton was on a short promo tonight talking about coming after Booby Roode's U.S. Title so he's not out.

And yes, Angle does seem to botch a lot of lines but he's always done that since taking over as RAW GM.
Dan Scott
AG
2 commercial breaks during the main event
chris1515
AG
At the very end of Smackdown when Dolph was interesting eh ring you could hear someone saying "30 seconds left...you gotta go" or something similar. Interesting that they must have someone there yelling cues to keep thing on time.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Supposedly Brock is over his contractually obligated dates to show up for TV, and that was why he decided not to show up on Monday
Scotty Flamingo
Did y'all know there is a wrestling promotion in College Station called Lions Pride?
I just looked it up and they have had some big indy names perform there.

Steve Fullhart (former KBTX anchor) is their PBP guy.
Bunk Moreland
Went to their event in the fall at Smitty K's. Was pretty good.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I had no idea...but I'm going to start keeping up with their upcoming events
chris1515
AG
Are you guys following the WWE to Fox network story/rumor? I'd love to see them on broadcast tv. As move to FS1 however would be a disaster imo.
OCEN99
AG
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-hall-of-fame/wwe-hall-of-fame-2018/article/hillbilly-jim-wwe-hall-of-fame-2018-inductee
duck79
AG
What a weak ending to raw. Didn't they already do this "want to be here" but with The Rock and Cena.
Bunk Moreland
How'd it end? Didn't watch tonight. Just more of Cena being a beta not knowing what he wants?
duck79
AG
Ending was a Heyman monologue about what being the champion means and always having to be ready to appear(which was ironic) followed by Reigns scaring him out of the ring.
Iowaggie
AG
chris1515 said:

Are you guys following the WWE to Fox network story/rumor? I'd love to see them on broadcast tv. As move to FS1 however would be a disaster imo.

It makes a lot of sense for FS1. They have to get some viewers there, and WWE is the only national brand they can probably get.
aTmLoKi
AG
Raw was a downer this week after a pretty solid showing last week.
Scotty Flamingo
The dilapidated boat made an appearance on raw though
Iowaggie
AG
More info on the WWE potential move to Fox

Summary: Raw could appear on big Fox broadcast network, with 115 million homes, while Smackdown goes to FS1 cable channel.

This is partly why

Geralt of Rivia
S
Supposedly Alberto del Rio met with Vince a few days ago and may be close to coming back. I'm not sure how I feel about that
Scotty Flamingo
I heard it was just an on camera interview for a Rey Mysterio documentary.

I hope it's not for him to come back. Del Rio sucks.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I read that he did his stuff for the documentary, and then met with Vince after that was over...who knows
Scotty Flamingo
Wade
Scotty Flamingo
So the Reigns named in the steroid scandal was actually Luther Reigns.
Icecream_Ag
S
Kenny Omega said:

So the Reigns named in the steroid scandal was actually Luther Reigns.
Romans third middle name is Luther...
dcaggie04
AG
It sounds like they are filming an ultimate deletion think at the Hardy compound today.
Scotty Flamingo
Yep. Jeremy Borash is there too. He had a lot of input in the TNA one. So should be good.
Bunk Moreland
Anyone watching tonight?

Starting out with Nakamura/Rusev followed by Roode/Orton is going to make for a boring mid card.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I'm watching off and on

Disappointed in this card overall
maverick2076
Roode/Orton was a good match. The tag matches sucked.
Scotty Flamingo
Was actually a much betterppv that expected....we gonna get shane and dbry vs Owens and zayn?
Bunk Moreland
Lot of good wrestling tonight and the card ended up decent too, even though they had a lot of botches.

One announcer (Byron maybe) called it WWF, Byron also broke the 4th wall and asked the producer on air to play back a replay, and when the crowd was chanting that MOJO can't wrestle in the pre show match, he was caught on mic in ring yelling back "you think I care about being a wrestler?"

I know he didn't mean for it to come off that way but it was hilarious.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Normally not a big fan of the blue brand but thought tonight's PPV was strong. Asuka coming out to solidify the match at Mania vs Charlotte was nice. The ending was pretty well executed and should set up Cena vs Taker.

And holy Bludgeon Brothers. RIP Xavier Woods. I'm not sure if this report is real or not but it didn't look good at all.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0311/637807/wwe-announces-injury-to-xavier-woods/

Quote:

Xavier Woods suffers thoracic spine injury during The Bludgeon Brothers' attack at WWE Fastlane

Xavier Woods has suffered an injury to his thoracic spine due to The Bludgeon Brothers' brutal attack during the SmackDown Tag Team Title Match at WWE Fastlane, WWE.com can confirm.
"Our preliminary diagnosis is multiple thoracic contusions," explained WWE medical personnel of Woods' injury. "We're currently in the process of having him evaluated with X-rays and possibly an MRI for any further damage, such as ruptured discs or fractures of the thoracic spine."
Scotty Flamingo
Jeff Hardy was arrested....****
First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.