***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,770,873 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by safety guy
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So just tossing around some ideas as the day is winding down. How would you guys want the Undertaker to go out? Obviously one of the most iconic wrestlers of all-time, I would hate for him to go out in a "career" match and have him lose.

I think they should have his last match be an epic one against Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania. Have him go out a winner and taking revenge on the guy who ended his streak. That buildup and match would bring in millions, especially if its advertised ahead of time as his last match no matter what. The general public, and old wrestling fans, know who the Undertaker is, and a lot of people would tune in if they hear it's his last match. I think it would back fire if they tried to do a career stipulation match as a lot of people will just shrug it off and say he won't lose. I could see this bringing in a ton of new eyeballs to watch.
jrod2181
quote:
So just tossing around some ideas as the day is winding down. How would you guys want the Undertaker to go out? Obviously one of the most iconic wrestlers of all-time, I would hate for him to go out in a "career" match and have him lose.

I think they should have his last match be an epic one against Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania. Have him go out a winner and taking revenge on the guy who ended his streak. That buildup and match would bring in millions, especially if its advertised ahead of time as his last match no matter what. The general public, and old wrestling fans, know who the Undertaker is, and a lot of people would tune in if they hear it's his last match. I think it would back fire if they tried to do a career stipulation match as a lot of people will just shrug it off and say he won't lose. I could see this bringing in a ton of new eyeballs to watch.
I kind of want to see him beat John Cena at WrestleMania.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Takers Gunna lose his last match to put whoever over.

So, id like to see Taker/Demon Balor, "loser goes back to hell" or whatever type of stipulation they want to put on it. Hell throw demon Kane in as guest ref and if taker loses they both "go back to hell"
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:

I tend to agree with this.

I wouldn't mind seeing him and Balor either, but I heard that they wanted to do Taker/Cena this year so I expect that's what they'll do next year
TRM
AG
quote:
quote:

I tend to agree with this.

I wouldn't mind seeing him and Balor either, but I heard that they wanted to do Taker/Cena this year so I expect that's what they'll do next year

That would be a waste if it was Taker's last Mania just to put over Cena. I'd prefer Bray or Balor vs Taker.
D.J. Flores
AG
Please balor isnt worthy enough to lace taker's boots!
Zombie
Wrestlers always lose their last match. It's a very long standing tradition
Dan Scott
AG
Just watched the Eric Bischoff DVD. Nothing new, the same stories told over again but noticed when they showed a old Hogan interview they labeled him as WWE Hall of Famer.
Scotty Flamingo
quote:
Just watched the Eric Bischoff DVD. Nothing new, the same stories told over again but noticed when they showed a old Hogan interview they labeled him as WWE Hall of Famer.
I read somewhere that Hogan and WWE were on good terms again, and that they were gonna slowly work him back in.
jrod2181
Eric Bischoff once took me out in a Poker tournament.
Iowaggie
AG
quote:
Lawler suspended indefinitely.

Link

quote:
Memphis wrestling legend Jerry "The King" Lawler and his fiance'e, Lauryn McBride are facing domestic assault charges.

quote:
According to the WWE, Lawler has been suspended.

"WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, and per our policy, Jerry Lawler has been suspended indefinitely following his arrest."

The domestic assault charges were dismissed Friday against Jerry Lawler, 66, and his fiancee, Lauryn McBride, 27.

Ted Hansom, Lawler's attorney said it was "a big misunderstanding and won't happen again. We are happy with the outcome."

The charges will be expunged from their records.

Also, has been reinstated by WWE.
chris1515
AG
I kind of liked the 4th of July food fight. Kind of fun and definitely not the usual WWE routine.

And Lillian Garcia with the anthem...I assume it was lip synched, but if not...wow! Who knew?
Bunk Moreland
Agree. Fun start. Enzo naming all the presidents was solid as well
Dan Scott
AG
Did Charlotte always have really nice boobs
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Surley creative isn't this dumb...
Geralt of Rivia
S
Is tonight worth watching
Legal Custodian
AG
In short...no
Bunk Moreland
Agree. Fun intro. Boring show.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
New day/Wyatt's was interesting because Xaiver talked.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Thanks. I'll probably try and check out the intro and the Wyatt segment then and skip everything else
Bunk Moreland
There are 2 parts to the Wyatt segment but yeah, skip the rest.
Legal Custodian
AG
They also announced that they'll announce Brock's summerslam opponent on Smackdown this week
Scotty Flamingo
Brock Lesnar's opponent will be.....

Scotty Flamingo
Or a more realistic opponent

Scotty Flamingo
But it'll most likely be....

bigcat22
AG
I did see this correctly, did the Golden Truth really beat the Vaudevillians last night on Raw? If so, looks likes the Vaudevillians are quickly going the way of the Ascension
Scotty Flamingo
Just watched the final deletion. What in the actual ****
Geralt of Rivia
S
I had to Google what that actually was. It's been over a year since I've watched TNA
Zombie
Reports are that it will be Randy Orton. What ever happened to surprise returns??? I hate all this announcing of a comeback. Seth Rollins' surprise was awesome. That is why we watch these shows. For the unexpected to happen!
Zombie
Okay, so I have been doing a lot thinking about the brand split and I came up with an idea:

Keep the belts the way they are and add the Cruiserweight belt. The belts will serve as bragging rights for brand vs brand. At each PPV, the brand that holds a belt has to put it up against the #1 contender from the other brand. Here's how I could see it play out:

Raw has WWE Championship. The weeks leading up to the next PPV, the WWE Champion faces foes in his own brand trying to take it away from him. Meanwhile, on Smackdown, there are two or three wrestlers vying for the chance to face the WWE Champion at the next PPV.

This would allow multiple storylines centered around each title. The possibilities would be endless! Maybe the wrestlers from each brand get pay bonuses based on how many titles their brand holds. Would keep the people invested in their own brand.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Watching The Final Deletion right now. This is like a bad SyFy movie
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I tried watching it, maybe ill give it another shot. Is this supposed to be the greatest thing ever or is this like a wow this is so bad it's awesome thing?
Geralt of Rivia
S
The latter. I think they are trying something totally out of left field to see if it maybe draws in more viewers. Matt Hardy's accent is just awful
Mr.KyleReed
AG
I don't think I've ever watched a TNA match, so when I started this the instant thought is, wow, the Hardy's hit rock bottom.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
The Mexican baby birthday party...the lawn mower....wtf
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.