***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,771,902 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by safety guy
maverick2076
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm just glad the women are actually wrestling. Their division lost a lot when Mickie James and Beth Phoenix left.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I do not get the New Day gimmick at all.
they started off as heels that didn't care about the fans and made jokes and had fun to make themselves laugh.

Man it was worse than that, remember the black church choir stuff on their intro vid? It was really weird street preacher/black panther vibe.
I try to forget that
Geralt of Rivia
S
New Day was on the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast either last week or the week before and they talked some about the beginning of the group. Vince came up with the gospel idea for them and they left his office kind of like "oh ****, how are we going to make this work?"
Geralt of Rivia
S
I guess the use the more brooding music for the vaudevillains when they are heels
80s Guy
quote:
I do not get the New Day gimmick at all.

Don't watch much anymore but what I have seen of them is new PG version of DX, pelvic thrusts, thinly veiled sexual innuendo catch phrases, and general jackassery and all...
superunknown
AG
They've come a long way thankfully.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Payback is
Zayn vs Owens
Ambrose vs Jericho

Today was
Ambrose vs Owens
Zayn vs Jericho

So next week is going to be?
Zayn vs Ambrose
Jericho vs Owens
Geralt of Rivia
S
No, next week is the Zayn/Ambrose vs Owens/Jericho tag team match
Dan Scott
AG
J Smoove
superunknown
AG
Chyna died,

TMZ
Dan Scott
Mr.KyleReed
Olsen
AG

TRM
AG
Your new NXT champion...Samoa Joe!

https://t.co/Igsb1bLbxi

Balor off to the main roster I guess. I would love to eventually see some sort of double cross between Balor or Styles for control of the Bullet/Balor Club.
aTmLoKi
AG
quote:
Your new NXT champion...Samoa Joe!

https://t.co/Igsb1bLbxi

Balor off to the main roster I guess. I would love to eventually see some sort of double cross between Balor or Styles for control of the Bullet/Balor Club.
Balor: "See you Monday!"

He's the ultimate tease, but his call up has to be coming very soon. The question is whether or not they'll have the Balorclub, or if the Roman Empire will be formed - cementing Reigns as the top heel?
Geralt of Rivia
S
hmmmmmm

I wonder if they will have Anderson and Gallows attack both Styles and Reigns at Payback...or something along those lines
Dread Pirate Roberts
The over-the-top booing of Reigns is hard to watch. I understand that many don't like him, but they're taking the show hostage. And I thought it was annoying when they booed Cena everytime he came out. At least the Cena booing seemed like it was somewhat in fun.

I wish either
1. WWE would hurry up and turn him heel and take away the mic from him or
2. Have some fun and mess with the fans. Tell them that Reigns and Cena will join in and wrestle in every match and talk on the mic between every match. A title match between the two of them would make the fans' heads explode.

WWE has also made it worse and hard to defend Reigns. This "not a good guy, not a bad guy..." motto that he's now saying everytime is excrutiating. That one makes me sad that big time writers can't come up with better lines than that.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I don't think it's really Roman's fault that he's being booed. I think it is more a problem with the creative team. If they would book him right and just make him the silent badass that kicks ass and takes names, then I think it would do a lot of good for him.
Dread Pirate Roberts
Agreed
superunknown
AG
quote:

He's the ultimate tease, but his call up has to be coming very soon. The question is whether or not they'll have the Balorclub, or if the Roman Empire will be formed - cementing Reigns as the top heel?
Roman Empire...Balor, Reigns, the new dudes. Heel stable, 2-3 month program against Styles. Maybe Styles enlists Ambrose. Just stretch out the feud long enough for Crossfit Jesus to come back.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
"They're booing hims so much! Our idea to turn him heel is working, this is perfect!" /WWE creative
Legal Custodian
AG
quote:
No, next week is the Zayn/Ambrose vs Owens/Jericho tag team match
Mr.KyleReed
AG
So, just getting home, I was doing some quick research on that NXT title change. Couple things

1) a title change happened at a house show?!? WTF?
2) apparently, rumor is during the match Finn rolled his ankle and the ref crossed his arms in the air, signaling that this is real. Shortly after that, 123.
3) apparently before he got on the bus, he turned to the crowd, waved and said "see you on Monday." (Then again, Finn loves to troll the wwe/nxt universe)

Now, I'm curious if that is true. If so would they:

A) do another title match to have Joe lose it back to finn (or just have Finn and Joe swap roles and have Finn try to chase that title...again)

B) use this as a blessing in disguise to call up Finn (which if they bring him up, that leave Joe as one of the only male single competitor's (sans Shinsuka) worthy of a title shot? How would they sell tickets/what would be the draw?)
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Also, back to sad news. With the Chyna news, how many of y'all got annoyed/struck a nerve when HHH and the McMahon's tweeted stuff about her? Like the stuff above for example. HHH wanted nothing to do with her after she did the pron and stuff.

Remember that Steve Austin podcast with HHH and Austin asked if she was getting in the HoF? He basically said no because what happens when a kid tries to look up Chyna?

It just struck a nerve with me.

Also work was...bad so maybe I'm just venting here, writing paragraphs and stuff. My bad guys.
TRM
AG
quote:
So, just getting home, I was doing some quick research on that NXT title change. Couple things

1) a title change happened at a house show?!? WTF?
2) apparently, rumor is during the match Finn rolled his ankle and the ref crossed his arms in the air, signaling that this is real. Shortly after that, 123.
3) apparently before he got on the bus, he turned to the crowd, waved and said "see you on Monday." (Then again, Finn loves to troll the wwe/nxt universe)

Balor wasn't injured. He just sold the ankle injury. They were promoting the house show on WWE Network so you knew something was going on. And they brought in Tom Phillips as the ring announcer.

He will probably pull double duty to try and win the title back but I would think his time in NXT is over.

I like losing the title at a house show. It's kind of nod to the territory days where a Flair, Race, et al would drop the belt to the local champ only to win it back a day or week later.
Zombie
So... Bray Wyatt is out of 4-6 weeks. To me, this opens up and great opportunity for a Bray Wyatt/Baron Corbin feud. As we all know, Corbin looks like a long lost brother of the Wyatts. This could be his chance to attempt to take over Wyatts spot as the family matriarch and have Wyatt come back as a full baby face and fight for the family. This could end up being a great story line.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Why would they have the "Lone Wolf" go against the character this soon after his debut. Plus, if they want to build both guys, then Corbin will be stuck with Ziggler for another month or two, and if Bray only has a pulled calf then he can still be directing traffic to have Rowan and Braun attacking the league until he is healthy again.

I'll agree that there is potential for a feud, but it's not anytime soon
Mr.KyleReed
AG
Geralt of Rivia
S
I smell a brand split coming soon
The Shank Ag
I see them giving Shane smackdown to revitalize it
Geralt of Rivia
S
I tend to agree, especially now that it's on USA. Have the world champ and tag titles on both shows and move the IC title to be a smackdown only title
The Shank Ag
Make women's big on smackdown too. Perhaps bring in Bayley and Samoa Joe to usher in some new excitement and bring back some former big stars (foley, Austin, Henry) to collaborate with Shane every couple weeks
Dan Scott
AG
Did they do any Chyna tribute at the beginning of the show?
The Shank Ag
Quick in memory picture with years of birth to death
Geralt of Rivia
S
It's kind of nice to see Lana out with Rusev again
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.