Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,603,870 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by jokershady
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The one I most want to see is what if Qui-Gon survived and killed Darth Maul.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Obvious ones:

What if Anakin let Mace kill Palpatine?

What if Padme didn't have twins (or wasn't pregnant)?

What if Leia went to Obi-Wan and Luke went to Alderaan?

What if Vader got the data card in Rogue One?

What if Yoda and Obi-Wan took on Palpatine together instead of Obi-Wan chasing after Anakin?

What if Luke hadn't bullseyed the small thermal exhaust port just below the main port?

What if Luke had said, "Oh, you're my dad? I guess I'll hear you out..."
Farmer1906
AG
What if Han didn't shoot?

What if Anakin lost the pod race?

What if Ben never became Kylo? Or What if Anakin never became Vader?

What if Han never won the Falcon?

YouBet
AG
What if Luke and Leia fell in love and continued their romance?

What if Jar Jar was actually a Jedi or Sith (long an internet theory)?

What if the Empire were the good guys?
Dekker_Lentz
AG
I assume we will be getting versions of Star Wars Infinites in the what if series.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Infinities
SpreadsheetAg
AG
What if it wasn't a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away?
redline248
AG
Quote:

This is my biggest gripe with Episode 1. The entire saga depends on Anakin winning a race in which cheaters routinely are rewarded.
Decay
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

This is my biggest gripe with Episode 1. The entire saga depends on Anakin winning a race in which cheaters routinely are rewarded.

And required a loaded die just to get there
jokershady
AG
Decay said:

redline248 said:

Quote:

And required a loaded die just to get there
it was a chance cube! Dank ferrik!
Aggie_Journalist
AG
What if the twins had been switched? Leia on Tatooine, Luke on Alderaan.
Thanks and gig'em
redline248
AG
What if Tarkin had evacuated the Death Star during the battle at Yavin?
double aught
AG
In their moment of triumph?
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

What if Tarkin had evacuated the Death Star during the battle at Yavin?

That is done in Star Wars infinities!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1-pEbBJgTS/?igsh=YjdzYzEzcDJpNTc0
redline248
AG
lol
Jim01
AG
Completed my Stars Wars animation journey with Resistance. Really kind of a pointless series. Just didn't add anything to the universe. The one takeaway that related to the sequel trilogy was the Kylo Ren had a special squad of storm troopers that were tasked with hunting down Sith relics, which ties into his search for the way finder in TROS. Other than that it was mildly entertaining, but no where in the same league as the other two series. I wish it would have provided more information on the First Order, or anything really to flush out the sequel trilogy a bit.

Speaking of which, I rewatched the sequel trilogy as well.

The Force Awakens
I unabashedly love this movie. Opening night was one of the best theatre experiences ever. Saw it three times in the theatre and loved it each time. I don't give a ___ that the plot is recycled. It looks and feels amazing. Love all the new characters and casting, the intro of all the old ones, and love the ride every time.

The Last Jedi
This one has aged really well. It takes a few big swings that miss but overall it is 80+% a great Star Wars movie. The big misses bother me less over time. Superman Space Leia is still bad but I like to think of it as it should have happened. I think they should have shot it like:
- Leia struggles to move as she freezes (like Starlord in GOTG)
- The people in the ship feel a violent vibration, "Have we been hit?" "No, all systems are clear"
- We see Leia form her hand in the tradition way of reaching with the force
- We see that she is pulling the ship towards her. I think this is the key. We've never seen someone fly and it just looks goofy, but we've seen the force move other things all the time. Having her pull the ship to her makes more sense and I think could have changed the scene all together.

Maybe the biggest groan is how they turn General Hux from a decent competitor of Kylo into just a horrible, facial exaggeration acting buffon. The prank call at the beginning "Can you hear me? Can he hear me?" Is just soooo bad and really sets the movie off on the wrong foot.

Some of the smaller stuff like Luke brushing his shoulder off I can look past and overall really like the movie now.

The Risk Of Skywalker
I tried to defend this when it came out, but on repeated viewings, eek. It's just too much. Too much everything. It's like you're dropped into the third act of a movie (which the third movie in a trilogy kind of is), but it's from a different movie than the first two acts. I am not opposed to any of the ideas, like Palpatine being the over arching villian, Rey and Kylo being a diad, and all that but those are all ideas that should have been discussed before the first movie and need careful exploration, not just dumped into movie three. In addition to the dumping of ideas, they are dumped too quickly. The pacing is lightspeed and negates any emotional impact of any of the decent bits. I just can't defend this movie anymore. There are a handful of good moments and it's fun at times, but they really needed to reset after The Last Jedi and make two more movies instead of shoving everything into one because of some arbitrary need to have a trilogy.

Overall though I am excited that Rey is coming back. I really like her character and Daisy Ridley. Hopefully her new movie does her justice and they learn from their mistakes now that Filoni will have control to make sure all the shows/movies have actual plans and overarching stories before shooting them.

maroon barchetta

Dekker_Lentz
AG
Jim01 said:

Completed my Stars Wars animation journey with Resistance. Really kind of a pointless series. Just didn't add anything to the universe. The one takeaway that related to the sequel trilogy was the Kylo Ren had a special squad of storm troopers that were tasked with hunting down Sith relics, which ties into his search for the way finder in TROS. Other than that it was mildly entertaining, but no where in the same league as the other two series. I wish it would have provided more information on the First Order, or anything really to flush out the sequel trilogy a bit.

The Force Awakens
I unabashedly love this movie. Opening night was one of the best theatre experiences ever. Saw it three times in the theatre and loved it each time. I don't give a ___ that the plot is recycled. It looks and feels amazing. Love all the new characters and casting, the intro of all the old ones, and love the ride every time.

The Last Jedi
This one has aged really well. It takes a few big swings that miss but overall it is 80+% a great Star Wars movie. The big misses bother me less over time. Superman Space Leia is still bad but I like to think of it as it should have happened. I think they should have shot it like:
- The people in the ship feel a violent vibration, "Have we been hit?" "No, all systems are clear"
- We see that she is pulling the ship towards her. I think this is the key. We've never seen someone fly and it just looks goofy, but we've seen the force move other things all the time. Having her pull the ship to her makes more sense and I think could have changed the scene all together.

Maybe the biggest groan is how they turn General Hux from a decent competitor of Kylo into just a horrible, facial exaggeration acting buffon. The prank call at the beginning "Can you hear me? Can he hear me?" Is just soooo bad and really sets the movie off on the wrong foot.

Some of the smaller stuff like Luke brushing his shoulder off I can look past and overall really like the movie now.

The Risk Of Skywalker
I tried to defend this when it came out, but on repeated viewings, eek. It's just too much. Too much everything. It's like you're dropped into the third act of a movie (which the third movie in a trilogy kind of is), but it's from a different movie than the first two acts. I am not opposed to any of the ideas, like Palpatine being the over arching villian, Rey and Kylo being a diad, and all that but those are all ideas that should have been discussed before the first movie and need careful exploration, not just dumped into movie three. In addition to the dumping of ideas, they are dumped too quickly. The pacing is lightspeed and negates any emotional impact of any of the decent bits. I just can't defend this movie anymore. There are a handful of good moments and it's fun at times, but they really needed to reset after The Last Jedi and make two more movies instead of shoving everything into one because of some arbitrary need to have a trilogy.

Overall though I am excited that Rey is coming back. I really like her character and Daisy Ridley. Hopefully her new movie does her justice and they learn from their mistakes now that Filoni will have control to make sure all the shows/movies have actual plans and overarching stories before shooting them.

Nice write up. One day I want to rewatch the sequel trilogy as a whole, but I can't bring myself to it yet.
YouBet
AG
Interesting thought on Leia. That probably would have made more sense. The issue there is that she would have bypassed the mental block that Luke and seemingly other Jedi have with the size of larger objects and being able to move them as a newbie.
redline248
AG
#1 She had no problem force flying through space
#2 She had 30 years to train on moving objects
jokershady
AG
Jim01 said:

The Force Awakens

The Last Jedi

The Risk Of Skywalker

I will never be able to get over how horrible everything was done with Canto Bite….that whole sequence should never have happened….would have been way better if there was a rebel defector somewhere in prison they had to break out and expanded on Finn with using his knowledge of the empire to break into Snokes ship….there was a great deleted scene where they're in an elevator on Snokes ship and another storm trooper recognizes him when they're in officers uniforms….

Such a missed opportunity to make Finn a pivotal character….instead we get Finn and Rose rescuing space emus on a side quest while the remaining rebels are hours from death……so…….so stupid……
Decay
AG
I liked the whole "both sides being supplied by the same people" aspect and the corruption and implications for an otherwise very black and white universe. Canto Bight was I guess a way to show that people could profit off the war, and pay that same money to buy the ability to not have to care about it. Until our heroes totally wreck up the place with the space horses!!!

It had threads of intrigue that were mangled into a pile of junk. I think it's like that throughout. Some threads were woven better than others and some were just awful. I think there's a good movie in there somewhere.
TCTTS
AG
I guess Disney desperately needs 2025 content, because if filming is this close to wrapping this early in the year, there's no other reason season two couldn't come out in 2024...

redline248
AG
One of the beauties of Star Wars was the simplicity of good vs evil. The introduction of a gray area only muddied the picture, imo
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://instagr.am/p/C0XJZwiPejf

SIAP
maroon barchetta
TCTTS
AG
World of Reel is legit, so this news is almost assuredly accurate.

Hey, LucasFilm. When you constantly have "creative differences" with some of the best writers/directors around, for years on end, maybe the problem is YOU, not them. Especially when two of those writers are Damon Lindelof and Steven Knight, back-to-back on the same project.

How the trigger hasn't been pulled yet to fire Kennedy, I have no idea.

At least now we know why the Mando movie is moving ahead first, in an even more desperate attempt than we first thought...

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Star Wars is a lifelong love for me (well, since age 10).

But with repeated news like this, I basically have one foot out the door. Whoever is running this franchise is proving to be incompetent. Whether than is Kennedy or someone else, I don't really care. Fire that person now and install someone who actually understands Star Wars to run that franchise.
Belton Ag
AG
Isn't that the movie directed by the Pakistani director everyone was arguing about a week or two ago?
TCTTS
AG
There is absolutely no reason this job should be so complicated and see this many headaches.

There is also no excuse at this point to be holding on so tight / treating this franchise so preciously, and your comment is exactly the reason why.

Fans ALREADY have one foot out the door. Interest has ALREADY wained.

The damage is done.

It's time to trust filmmakers and let Star Wars take chances / be something new. We need someone in charge who finally understands that.

TCTTS
AG
Belton Ag said:

Isn't that the movie directed by the Pakistani director everyone was arguing about a week or two ago?

Yep.
The Porkchop Express
AG
The real problem is that I'll be 50 in a month. All these delays start getting me worried I'm going to die before more movies come out.
Farmer1906
AG
This is good news.
wangus12
AG
How they haven't handed control of the franchise over to Filoni baffles me. He was groomed to run the entire thing
double aught
AG
That shot of Rey
First Page Last Page
Page 1235 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.