Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,602,954 Views | 45374 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Saxsoon
Malachi Constant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jason_Ag98 said:

Has anyone played KOTOR on the iPhone? Are the controls usable on a phone screen or does it need a larger device like a tablet or PC?
The controls on ipad/iphone are bad. Get a stylus and it's a little better.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I wonder if Mark Hamill tried to puts the moves on Portman with the 4chan "sand" story.
The Porkchop Express
AG
100% real comment from my wife last night when she got off TikTok and glanced at the TV, where I was watching Solo on ABC during the scene where Han, Beckett, Val, and Chewie talk family.

"THat thing looks just like Chewbacca. What's he doing in the Hunger Games movie?"
YouBet
AG
jokershady said:

ok i'll be the guy.....who is that?

am i to guess that's carrie fisher's daughter? doesn't make sense though since she had a small role in the ST and i assumed they would've met by this point already.
Good lord. Someone finally more clueless than me on celebrities. Thank god.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady said:

SteveA said:

Quote:

am i to guess that's carrie fisher's daughter? doesn't make sense though since she had a small role in the ST and i assumed they would've met by this point already.
So you don't Star Wars?
It's Natale Portman, who played Padme.

ok that makes a lot more sense....

there's not a lot of actors or actresses i recognize that werent big in the 90s.....mainly cause i just dont watch movies like i used to

You're on a Star Wars thread...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
YouBet said:

jokershady said:

I'm pretty bad with names. I could name 4 movies and the characters they played but can't remember real names for shieeeet because I never care to know who the actual actor is.
JCRiley09
AG
Is this really about the actress? It's Luke Skywalker posing with Padme
redline248
AG
JCRiley09 said:

Is this really about the actress? It's Luke Skywalker posing with Padme
No, it's about joker not knowing that is Padme
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Pretty amazing that Carrie Fischer's daughter played Leia's mother.

I needed this laugh tonight.
Decay
AG
Kinda crazy they never met before. I guess Hammil doesn't really run with the Hollywood crowd... He's more like a voice actor nerd
twilly
AG
That's a picture during the first part of Luke's self imposed Force exile on Canto Bight, posing with a clone of his mother, Paadme Amidaala. Luke didn't know it was a clone of his mom until after their relationship had gone "too far" forcing him to exile somewhere much more desolate.

Of course R2-D2 sat back and said nothing the whole time.
maroon barchetta
twilly said:

That's a picture during the first part of Luke's self imposed Force exile on Canto Bight, posing with a clone of his mother, Paadme Amidaala. Luke didn't know it was a clone of his mom until after their relationship had gone "too far" forcing him to exile somewhere much more desolate.

Of course R2-D2 sat back and said nothing the whole time.

Little twerp probably filmed the whole thing.
jokershady
AG
YouBet said:

jokershady said:

LoudestWHOOP!
AG
redline248 said:

Bastilla goes in every party
Do you always let her run ahead of you?
lunchbox
As expected...

Saxsoon
AG
This feels like a huge miscalculation
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I have a bad feeling about this.
Thanks and gig'em
Saxsoon
AG
I understand that they want this in movies to make the big team up an easier transition. But I don't think that team up is a really good call either
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
redline248
AG
Is it really called The Mandalorian and Grogu?
fig96
AG
I'd assume that's just the reference to it for now (I hope).
bluefire579
AG
With less fanfare, they also confirmed season 2 of Ahsoka
i is smart
AG
Looks like they're set on squeezing every bit of value from Grogu, yikes.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I'm thrilled with both pieces of news. Mando & Grogu movie has been rumored since the strike began last year.

More Ahsoka, more Thrawn, more Rebels.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Saxsoon said:

This feels like a huge miscalculation
This is lazy, and they have better material ready to be made with KOTOR.

Yes, I'm sticking with my schtick.
The Porkchop Express
AG
We're pissed when they have a Pakistani woman put out a movie.
We're pissed when two guys most representative of the fan base put out a movie.

Just feels like we want to be mad about Star Wars.

Legal Custodian
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

That's quite the reduction
The Porkchop Express
AG
Legal Custodian said:

The Porkchop Express said:

That's quite the reduction
Well, this is the Internet.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
No, this is a Wendy's
Flashdiaz
AG
for the record. I will watch all of it as soon as it comes out.
fig96
AG
So my big question here, and I alluded to it back when this rumor first happened, is does this take away from what makes The Mandalorian so good?

S1 (as we pretty universally agree) was the strongest of the show with it's adventure of the week episodic format, tons of great characters and settings and lots of fun stories. As the seasons have progressed they've gotten less enjoyable as they focus more on bigger story arcs.

I don't know that I really want to see Mando and co in one big story. I'll of course watch it, but it feels like they're trying to fix something that ain't broke.
TCTTS
AG
If this movie starts production "later this year," that seems way too early for the May 22, 2026 slot, which is the next theatrical Star Wars date on the calendar (a date I forgot about until just now), much less for the December 18, 2026 slot, just seven months later.

First of all, how has Disney/Lucasfilm still not learned their lesson? Two Star Wars movies releasing within seven months of each other? The last time they did that was The Last Jedi (Dec '17) followed by Solo (May '18), which resulted in one of the biggest gaffs, and arguably one of the lowest points, of the entire franchise. Yet here we are again. And 2025 is so packed that I don't see them moving The Mandalorian & Grogu up. Yet, for some reason, they're filming it super early. (For context, most summer movies start filming in the spring the year prior.)

It seems Star Wars movie announcements + confusion must go hand-in-hand now.

"Here's the next movie! But no release date! Even though we have two release dates marked on the calendar! Will this be in place of or preceding a fourth season of The Mandalorian? Who knows?!"

Either way, the below is basically where I'm at. After the abomination that was The Mandalorian season three, I could not care less about seeing these characters again, but whatever. In a vacuum, a Mando & Grogu movie is... fine. I guess a contained, two-hour adventure could be mildly entertaining. Rather, it's that, after seven years, the first movie we're finally getting is basically a made-for-TV movie, as opposed to something new, different, or bold. Instead, what we're getting is a reminder that they screwed up the show so bad, all they can muster now is a movie follow-up to one of the biggest nose-dives in quality I've ever seen a show make, from seasons one to three. It's just depressing, that's all…

The Porkchop Express
AG
Based on my lone thread insider, the entire point is driving towards Filoni's big movie, which will be a rough equivalent of what was accomplished with Zahn's Heir ot the Empire Series in terms of timeline (5-10 years after ROTJ), the opponent (obviously Thrawn at the head of the remnants of the Empire, aided by a dark Force - in the books, Joruus C'baoth, in the show, the Nightsisters) facing off against a New Republic led by Mon Mothma with a gang of old heroes (this time the Rebels gang and Ahoska taking point over Luke / Leia / Han) and bringing in a somewhat shady third party to help - in the books, Kardde's organization / Mara / the smugglers; in the present, the Mandalorian clans and Mando and Grogu.

My guy says that the extended Indiana Jones flex with de-aged Harrison Ford was just as much about that future Star Wars movie as it was for Dial of Destiny - to prove that they could so it for long stretches, most likely for Luke and Han to have moderate roles in that film.

So, if a Mando / Grogu movie is building towards that movie with those stakes, and basically the story so many people say they wanted - of Luke in his prime of a Jedi fighting the remnants of the Empire, then hell yes is my only reaction.
TCTTS
AG
The current live-action slate of officially announced projects, as best I can guess…

DISNEY+ = Skelton Crew - Season 1
DISNEY+ = The Acolyte - Season 1

DISNEY+ = Andor - Season 2

05.22.26 - THEATRICAL = The Mandalorian & Grogu (dir. Jon Favreeau) (???)
12.18.26 - THEATRICAL = Untitled Rey / New Jedi Order Project (dir. Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy) (???)

IN DEVELOPMENT
DISNEY+ = Star Wars: Ahsoka - Season 2
THEATRICAL = Untitled Dawn of the Jedi Project (dir. James Mangold)
THEATRICAL = Untitled Lando Project
THEATRICAL = Untitled New Republic / Heir to the Empire Project (dir. Dave Filoni)
THEATRICAL = Untitled Taika Waititi Project (dir. Taika Waititi)
Farmer1906
AG
I see what you're saying, but wasn't the big reveal of season 1 exactly that with Luke?
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I see what you're saying, but wasn't the big reveal of season 1 exactly that with Luke?
Season 2, but I think the tech has come quite a way since.
First Page Last Page
Page 1232 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.