Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,601,489 Views | 45372 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by C@LAg
Malachi Constant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KOTOR is the best Star Wars game
KOTOR is the best Star Wars Lore outside the OT
KOTOR on the iPad is the best way to push through a long flight (just make sure you have a stylus because the controls are dated)
KOTOR II is also great, character options are better, but story is lacking but better with the RCM
YouBet
AG
Malachi Constant said:

KOTOR is the best Star Wars game
KOTOR is the best Star Wars Lore outside the OT
KOTOR on the iPad is the best way to push through a long flight (just make sure you have a stylus because the controls are dated)
KOTOR II is also great, character options are better, but story is lacking but better with the RCM

How in the world do you play a game like that with a stylus?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Can we sing a kumbaya and circle back to the KOTOR discussion please? That was fun.

What squad did y'all like to run around with, and did that differ when you played it from the light side and the dark side?

Light side squad:
  • Zaalbar - Gotta have the wookie
  • I can't remember who else I liked much to team up with my light side character?

Dark side squad:
  • HK-47 - For obvious reasons
  • Canderous Ordo

Always left behind:
  • T3-M4 - Stay on the ship, measly utility droid.

I always say Im going to run with different characters, but I always go back to Canderous and HK-47 whenever I really go out because they are so much fun. Plus when you have HK maxed out with the self-regeneration thing, the two of them are often the difference between dying and living in big-time fights because they both can regenerate HP.

My late-game advice is to take Carth out once and take all of his armor off then put him back on the ship. If you go light side and have the medal ceremony at the end of the game, Carth is in boxers and no shirt for it.

One of these days I need to install the KOTOR 2 reconstruction kit and play it through. That game had so much promise and was so confusingly unfinished.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Also, what universe are we living in where my sarcastic quip about a non-existent Uncle Gary get moderated and deleted?
bluefire579
AG
Probably quoted something that was deleted
Chipotlemonger
AG
Malachi Constant said:

Tell me more! How do you play KOTOR on the iPad?
bluefire579
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Malachi Constant said:

Buy it here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/star-wars-kotor/id611436052
Chipotlemonger
AG
bluefire579 said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Malachi Constant said:

Buy it here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/star-wars-kotor/id611436052
I love this snippet from a review of the app:

"The one and ONLY complaint that I have, and you may laugh when you read this, is that on the console version there's a button you can push to cancel an action during battle, however when you use that button outside of battle your character twirls their Melee weapon around or activate their lightsaber(s) and twirl them around. Whenever I'd be running towards by next objective I'd spam that button just to pass the time, watch the lightsabers twirl lol, and usually after a battle I'd push the button as sort of a victory dance. I was so bummed to find out that you can't do that in the mobile version. ALMOST to the point where I didn't want to play the game at all, but it's so hard to pass up the greatest story in Star Wars lore."
Chipotlemonger
AG
Thank you, by the way
Dekker_Lentz
AG
My Top 5 Star Wars games

1. TIE Fighter
2. KOTOR
3. Galactic Battlegrounds. (game based on Age of Empire 2 engine.
4. Dark Forces
5. Lego Star Wars Complete Saga.

I haven't played the newer Jedi games. Looking forward to the Dark Forces remastered version coming soon.
powerbelly
AG
The new Jedi game are a lot of fun, and have the best droid in the star wars universe.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Dekker_Lentz said:

My Top 5 Star Wars games

1. TIE Fighter
2. KOTOR
4. Dark Forces

I haven't played the newer Jedi games. Looking forward to the Dark Forces remastered version coming soon.
I just looked through a ton of Star Wars games on steamunlocked.net and am downloading KOTOR as we speak. Speaking of Battlegrounds, I downloaded the original Age of Empire s a month or so ago and play it regularly.

I actually prefer Star Wars: Empire at War because of the astounding space battle simulations. I think mine would be:

1. KOTOR
2. SW Galaxies (still play it on the emulator sometimes)
3. Jedi Outcast (Kyle Katarn in a dynamite movie plot)
4. Empire at War Forces of Corruption
5. Battlefront 2 on PC from probably 17 years ago.

Dekker_Lentz
AG
powerbelly said:

The new Jedi game are a lot of fun, and have the best droid in the star wars universe.

Better than HK-47?
powerbelly
AG
THE. BEST.

The Porkchop Express
AG
powerbelly said:

THE. BEST.

jeffk
AG
powerbelly said:

THE. BEST.

He's perfect.
bluefire579
AG
Dekker_Lentz said:

My Top 5 Star Wars games

1. TIE Fighter
2. KOTOR
4. Dark Forces

You definitely need to play the new ones. Fantastic story and great lightsaber combat mechanics.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
My Top 5 Star Wars games: ranked on amount of time I spent playing them as a 11-19 year old and how much I enjoyed them at the time...

1. Rebellion on PC
2. X-Wing / TIE Fighter / Alliance on PC
3. KOTOR on PC
4. Dark Forces / Jedi Knight on PC
5. Rogue Squadron on N64
The Porkchop Express
AG
https://steamunlocked.net/?s=star+wars

Lots of old PC games free to downoad. I've downloaded KOTOR tonight and am doing Jedi Outcast now, which has a great plot and has Billy Dee as Lando in it.
powerbelly
AG
I would be wary of that site. YMMV
PatAg
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

My Top 5 Star Wars games: ranked on amount of time I spent playing them as a 11-19 year old and how much I enjoyed them at the time...

1. Rebellion on PC
2. X-Wing / TIE Fighter / Alliance on PC
3. KOTOR on PC
4. Dark Forces / Jedi Knight on PC
5. Rogue Squadron on N64
No Rogue Squadron movie or tv show yet still makes me sad
jokershady
AG
Think I've played more Star Wars games as an adult than I did as a kid but to the best of my knowledge….

1. Jedi Survivor PS 5
2. Jedi Fallen Order PS4
3. KOTOR on Nintendo Switch
4. Shadows of the Empire N64
5. Rogue Squadron N64

Runners up…all 3 Super Star Wars games on the Super Nintendo….somehow as a kid I beat all 3 and now as an adult can't get past the first few levels….
The Porkchop Express
AG
powerbelly said:

I would be wary of that site. YMMV
Can you elaborate
?
All 4 games have downloaded and installed flawless
jokershady
AG
Ok….hear me out…..there's something for both sides here….

YouBet
AG
I'm assuming if I bought KOTOR on Xbox One it's the same game as the PC version?
bluefire579
AG
YouBet said:

I'm assuming if I bought KOTOR on Xbox One it's the same game as the PC version?
Yes. The only different version out there is the remake that's currently in development hell and possibly canceled
Jason_Ag98
AG
Has anyone played KOTOR on the iPhone? Are the controls usable on a phone screen or does it need a larger device like a tablet or PC?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Did he pronounce her name correctly, unlike Carrie Fisher?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

tweet deleted, what was it?
TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
ok i'll be the guy.....who is that?

am i to guess that's carrie fisher's daughter? doesn't make sense though since she had a small role in the ST and i assumed they would've met by this point already.
SteveA
AG
Quote:

am i to guess that's carrie fisher's daughter? doesn't make sense though since she had a small role in the ST and i assumed they would've met by this point already.
So you don't Star Wars?
It's Natale Portman, who played Padme.

powerbelly
AG
jokershady said:

It's Natalie Portman
jokershady
AG
SteveA said:

Quote:

So you don't Star Wars?
It's Natale Portman, who played Padme.

ok that makes a lot more sense....

there's not a lot of actors or actresses i recognize that werent big in the 90s.....mainly cause i just dont watch movies like i used to
First Page Last Page
Page 1231 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.