Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,601,121 Views | 45372 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by C@LAg
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe the Twitter person is Indian.
The Porkchop Express
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Maybe the Twitter person is Indian.
Im pretty sure we know what race the Twitter person is.
jokershady
AG
you know this actually does tick me off a little bit....and im gonna open up a wound here that was joked about a few pages back and i apologize....but ya'll remember this trailer below?????

how hyped was everyone about this??? crazy hyped right???

and we didn't care that it was a woman in charge....we loved the trailer because she talks about her passion for the air force and filmmaking and combing that into an awesome star wars project and NOBODY CARED that it was a woman.....

why can't we just get directors that are passionate about star wars and making good films and thats it?????

The Porkchop Express
AG
Hopefully Filoni in charge truly undrestanding the lore will undo a lot of the ****ups of the last 10 years of announcing stuff that never gets made.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
She looks to have won lots of awards and looks to be a talented director.

I have some reservations about a documentary film maker making Star Wars. I would have lots of concerns about Ken Burns doing a fictional Star Wars film.

Looks like her big fiction works are 3 animated movies and two episodes of Ms. Marvel? Looks like almost all of her work seems to focus on Pakistan/Pakistani culture, so this seems to be a branching out.

Hopefully it will be good and actually reach the finish line.
redline248
AG
It would be kind of cool to have a fake documentary on how the rebellion started and overcame the empire. Get some interviews from rebel fighters talking about how annoyed they were that some kid from a moisture farm was handed the keys to an X wing.
maroon barchetta
I have no idea. Nor do I care to look it up.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
redline248 said:

It would be kind of cool to have a fake documentary on how the rebellion started and overcame the empire. Get some interviews from rebel fighters talking about how annoyed they were that some kid from a moisture farm was handed the keys to an X wing.

The Office style cinematography - I'd watch the heck out of that.
BG Knocc Out
Hope this hurts Disney.
BG Knocc Out
SpreadsheetAg said:

redline248 said:

The Office style cinematography - I'd watch the heck out of that.
LOL, if I could get a few of these improvised dead pans from Chewbacca or C3PO I'd be all in.

ABATTBQ11
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

AgShaun00 said:

Wow, what controversial takes she had like "Being excited to direct a movie."

Meanwhile, the Twitter person seems to think calling someone Pakistani is an insult?

Considering that, "It's 2024 and about time we have a woman shape a story in a galaxy far, far away," was pretty much her first or second line, "Being excited to direct a movie," isn't her take. This is like, "The Force Is Female," all over again, and if this is anything like the sequels, I'm just sitting it out.

That said, I could easily see this turning out like Solo and bombing.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
jokershady said:

you know this actually does tick me off a little bit....and im gonna open up a wound here that was joked about a few pages back and i apologize....but ya'll remember this trailer below?????

and we didn't care that it was a woman in charge....we loved the trailer because she talks about her passion for the air force and filmmaking and combing that into an awesome star wars project and NOBODY CARED that it was a woman.....

why can't we just get directors that are passionate about star wars and making good films and thats it?????

So your preference is the woman whose movie was cancelled because her PR was better?

I don't care what any of these folks say on the press circuit. All I care is if the movie is good.
Thanks and gig'em
captkirk
AG
Way to go, Iger
The Porkchop Express
AG
Seriously, you're basing a person's entire being on a 20-second interview clip. just let the work speak for itself and enjoy it accordingly.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
redline248 said:

Maybe. But that would fall into the parody class of Star Wars like the Robot Chicken specials. I am not sure I would like that as Episode 10.
Carlo4
AG

AgShaun00 said:

Meanwhile, the Twitter person seems to think calling someone Pakistani is an insult?

That person never saw Silicon Valley

Farmer1906
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

AgShaun00 said:

Considering that, "It's 2024 and about time we have a woman shape a story in a galaxy far, far away," was pretty much her first or second line, "Being excited to direct a movie," isn't her take. This is like, "The Force Is Female," all over again, and if this is anything like the sequels, I'm just sitting it out.

That said, I could easily see this turning out like Solo and bombing.

Is this the same person? She looks different but Matt says it is.

On another note, Solo was good. The Last Jedi ruined the fandom. Solo was just the casualty of it.
CC09LawAg
Look, you can't just go and base an entire person's being off of multiple interview clips.
fig96
AG
Looks like the clip is from a womens conference in 2015, not surprising she leaned into it. Nor is it surprising that Matt Walsh went to find something to be upset about.

She's the first woman directing a Star Wars film and proud of it, not a thing wrong with that. I'll judge her by the quality of the film she makes.
Farmer1906
AG
As we all should but let's also not stick our heads in the sand and ignore what has been going on with the world, Disney, Star Wars, etc.
Flashdiaz
AG
No problem with a woman directing or even being the center of it. But it does cause concern if the first thing she says it's going to be centered around women since it makes it sound like that's going to be the primary focus rather than an entertaining story. Why not say it's going to be a new story star wars fans can get excited about or talk about the story or something about the plot or the characters?

Take Andor for example, it was the first Star Wars show with a Mexican actor yet that wasn't what was driving the story. The fact that he had a mexican accent had no bearing on the show whatsoever. He is just a damn good actor in a Star Wars show with good writing and a good story. That's all it should be about.
TCTTS
AG
Saw 27 new replies and thought some news had actually dropped.

I should have known better.

Instead, it's the same grown ass men upset about the same dumb bullsh*t they're always crying about.

A woman is excited to finally have a woman directing a Star Wars movie. Kathleen Kennedy is a producer. Bryce Dallas Howard and Deborah Chow directed only Star Wars episodes. Could Obaid-Chinoy have worded her sentiment better? Sure. But it's obvious what she meant, and there's absolutely nothing wrong expressing what she did. She first commented on her excitement for/the quality of the project ("I'm very thrilled about the project because I feel what we're about to create is something very special."), then commented on an aspect that she feels is important ("We're in 2024 now, and it's about time that we had a woman come forward to shape a story in a galaxy far, far away."). Which is no different than any other director being attracted to a movie for any number of personal reasons.

As has already been stated numerous times, let's wait and see what she's capable of first. If her movie sucks, I'll be the first to say so.

At this point, why some of you even care this much to get worked up is beyond me. It's not like she can ruin Rey's story any more than The Rise of Skywalker already did.
fig96
AG
So what do I need to be aware of that's going on in the world? Or are we all going to see it anyway?
Farmer1906
AG
fig96 said:

So what do I need to be aware of that's going on in the world? Or are we all going to see it anyway?

You don't see what has happened to Star Wars and most of dis year properties recently? Is this a serious question?
fig96
AG
Farmer1906 said:

fig96 said:

You don't see what has happened to Star Wars and most of dis year properties recently? Is this a serious question?
No, my question is what you think we're supposed to do in reaction to that. (I also think the effect on Star Wars is overblown but that's a different tangent I'm not going to get into.)

I'm aware...ok?
Urban Ag
AG
I don't know anything about this women and don't care but if they don't find a way to once again appeal to 7 - 25 year old males the floundering will only continue.
jokershady
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

jokershady said:

So your preference is the woman whose movie was cancelled because her PR was better?

I don't care what any of these folks say on the press circuit. All I care is if the movie is good.
not at all youve missed the point.

my preference is a director who's excited for the opportunity to tell an amazing star wars story and loves the franchise whole heartedly......

not someone who's first line when it's announced she's got the job saying, "it's 2024 and time for more girl power in star wars"

this is my preference:

talk about your story....talk about the characters....talk about the amazing people that'll be behind you helping to bring this vision to life....

literally all the things that people want to hear about and they can't even get that right.....
The Porkchop Express
AG
Farmer1906 said:

fig96 said:

You mean how awesome Ahsoka and Andor were?
The Porkchop Express
AG
This thread, started so beautifully by BES back in '14, is no longer fun to be on.
Farmer1906
AG
Manage expectations?

If Disney has been giving us X. The director talks about X. Then don't expect Y.
maroon barchetta
fig96 said:

Looks like the clip is from a womens conference in 2015, not surprising she leaned into it. Nor is it surprising that Matt Walsh went to find something to be upset about.

She's the first woman directing a Star Wars film and proud of it, not a thing wrong with that. I'll judge her by the quality of the film she makes.

Now judge the franchise since Kathleen Kennedy took over.
Farmer1906
AG

This thread, started so beautifully by BES back in '14, is no longer fun to be on.

What changed more. Star Wars or the people on the thread?
agdoc2001
AG

Farmer1906 said:

fig96 said:

You mean how awesome Ahsoka and Andor were?
"awesome"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Farmer1906 said:

What changed more. Star Wars or the people on the thread?
The people who decided that everything they find wrong with anything needs to be told to the masses.
jokershady
AG

which of these do we blame for that?

or....

or....

or....

come'on it'll be therapeutic to vent a little again it's tradition everytime there's news we don't like
First Page Last Page
Page 1226 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.