Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,604,966 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by jokershady
JCRiley09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I recently rewatched attack of the clones (dead horse and all, but a truly bad movie).

For those of y'all who have watched all the clone wars cartoons, do they ever acknowledge that anakin is married and a tuskan murderer? From the episodes I've seen, it's really strange to think his character in clone wars is after a clear turn to the dark side.
redline248
AG
JCRiley09 said:

I recently rewatched attack of the clones (dead horse and all, but a truly bad movie).

For those of y'all who have watched all the clone wars cartoons, do they ever acknowledge that anakin is married and a tuskan murderer? From the episodes I've seen, it's really strange to think his character in clone wars is after a clear turn to the dark side.
That moment in Ep2, while clearly feeding from the dark side, isn't a full turn. To your point, his character definitely skirts the line more than once in that show. It's well established he has darkness right under the surface and he, when away from other Jedi, admits he's not the typical type.

Even Ahsoka in her early years goes to the edge of threatening violence against a prisoner, something she obviously learned from Anakin. I don't think she ever intended to use force, but she thought the threat of it was OK.
jeffk
AG
They talk about his marriage to Padme several times, yeah.
BenTheGoodAg
AG

dave94
AG
Nightmare fuel for the day…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxgIHeiKuhf/?igshid=MWhmYm5nODRlcGpxeA==
Flashdiaz
AG
dave94 said:

this looks better than most Disney+ StarWars shows... would watch.
maroon barchetta
WTH
jokershady
AG
Interesting at first….and then BOY it took an odd turn….wow!

And someone clearly spent decent money on that!

I have so many questions
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Flashdiaz said:

dave94 said:

this looks better than most Disney+ StarWars shows... would watch.
Agreed!
I always thought someone should take usable scenes from the sequels, put them through a 1920s filter, take out the sound, then reorder and redub the whole set with silent film story board dialog. Now that I have seen a visualization from this creation it looks doable.

That way the horrendous dialog, character building, and story could be changed to something more like ... em ... Star Wars. Make them into the classic serials like all space operas are based on. I see no other way to salvage the usable footage.
maroon barchetta
You don't think there will be a "Somehow, Palpatine returned" board?
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
maroon barchetta said:

You don't think there will be a "Somehow, Palpatine returned" board?
Depends on who writes the boards.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I have increased my nerd rank by several degrees by buying a Bo Katan "this it the way" shirt for the next Galaxy's Edge trip.
Life is better with a beagle
nai06
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I have increased my nerd rank by several degrees by buying a Bo Katan "this it the way" shirt for the next Galaxy's Edge trip.
. Where'd you find it? Im kicking around the idea of a cosplay based on the Saja but I think its maybe a bit too obscure.
The Porkchop Express
AG
nai06 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

. Where'd you find it? Im kicking around the idea of a cosplay based on the Saja but I think its maybe a bit too obscure.
Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NJN77MK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&customId=B0B5B6H1BW

Life is better with a beagle
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I could be wrong, but in the wake of Ahsoka I'm pretty sure this is the first time in the Disney-owned era that we don't yet have an official release date for the next Star Wars installment, be it a live-action movie or live-action Disney+ series. We know 2024 will bring Skeleton Crew, The Acolyte, and season two of Andor, while there's a December 18, 2026 release date for the next movie, but we don't have exact dates for the shows and there's been no official announcement yet which movie will be releasing on that '26 date (though it's presumably the Rey movie). I'm sure this is at least partly due to the strikes, but rare nonetheless.

Skelton Crew and The Acolyte completed filming before the strikes, while Andor apparently had only two or three weeks left when the actors' strike hit. Season two of Andor was tentatively announced for August 2024, while Skeleton Crew was tentatively announced for "late 2023," but the latter clearly isn't happening now, so I'm guessing everything gets pushed back a couple months or so? If so, and I had to guess, I would say…

Winter/Spring 2024 = Skeleton Crew
Summer 2024 = The Acolyte
Fall 2024 = Andor

Something like that?

Either way, I'm just glad we finally get a year+ break from the Favreau/Filoni side of things. IMO, Ahsoka ended up being such a bland dud, and we're all we aware of how season three of The Mandalorian went down, so it'll be nice to finally hear from some new voices, and then, of course, presumably end the year with the second half of Andor.
redline248
AG
hellothere.gif
jeffk
AG
Welcome back
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
Is there any chance Acolyte or Skeleton Crew, or both, get dumped all at once?
TCTTS
AG
I would be surprised if they did. They've both got a lot of exciting talent behind the scenes, aren't connected to anything else, etc. I don't think either is another Echo situation, and even that might go back to a weekly drop since it got pushed to January.
redline248
AG
I honestly forgot about Echo
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, Echo was going to be the first Marvel Disney+ series to drop all at once, this November, apparently due to how little faith Marvel has in it. But then it got pushed back to January for some reason (the strikes?), and now no one knows how they're going to release it.
redline248
AG
You think the Daredevil news is any way related?
TCTTS
AG
Possibly? Echo was delayed before the Daredevil news dropped, but who knows.

My guess is that all these shows that were done filming and set to release later this year but got delayed are delayed is mainly due to ADR. For those unaware, "Automated Dialogue Replacement" is done on every single movie and show to improve the sound quality of an actor's dialogue after filming wraps (if, say, the wind was blowing too hard on set, certain words are inaudible, etc) and is usually one of the last things done in the post process. But since actors can't participate in ADR due to the ongoing actors' strike, a bunch of shows are basically waiting around for that one last step, which could very well be why Skeleton Crew, Echo, etc were delayed.
jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

I could be wrong, but in the wake of Ahsoka I'm pretty sure this is the first time in the Disney-owned era that we don't yet have an official release date for the next Star Wars installment, be it a live-action movie or live-action Disney+ series. We know 2024 will bring Skeleton Crew, The Acolyte, and season two of Andor, while there's a December 18, 2026 release date for the next movie, but we don't have exact dates for the shows and there's been no official announcement yet which movie will be releasing on that '26 date (though it's presumably the Rey movie). I'm sure this is at least partly due to the strikes, but rare nonetheless.

Skelton Crew and The Acolyte completed filming before the strikes, while Andor apparently had only two or three weeks left when the actors' strike hit. Season two of Andor was tentatively announced for August 2024, while Skeleton Crew was tentatively announced for "late 2023," but the latter clearly isn't happening now, so I'm guessing everything gets pushed back a couple months or so? If so, and I had to guess, I would say…

Winter/Spring 2024 = Skeleton Crew
Summer 2024 = The Acolyte
Fall 2024 = Andor

Something like that?

Either way, I'm just glad we finally get a year+ break from the Favreau/Filoni side of things. IMO, Ahsoka ended up being such a bland dud, and we're all we aware of how season three of The Mandalorian went down, so it'll be nice to finally hear from some new voices, and then, of course, presumably end the year with the second half of Andor.
don't forget Bad Batch S3
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
maroon barchetta

Jim01
AG
I don't really read this thread because I don't like to read theories or too much inside info, but wasn't sure where else to post.

A couple years ago I tried to start Clone Wars the series but petered out about halfway through season 2. I liked it but it just didn't grab me and my attention shifted elsewhere. When Ashoka was released though I decided to not watch it just yet in favor of watching the animated shows to learn more about her story.

Wow! Clone Wars was awesome. It really finds its feet and becomes such a good series. Those last two seasons, using the multiple episode approach, legitimately have 3 of the best star wars movies in them.

1. The Rise of Darth Maul - culminating in his fight with Palpatine
2. The Framing of Ashoka - culminating in her leaving the order
3. The Finale - both those threads coming together. Getting to see order 66 kick in was amazing!

It has put me in full on Star Wars mode again and now I'm 2/3 through season 1 of The Bad Batch and really enjoying that as well.

On the upside, the storytelling, action, fights, and some of the shots are top notch. I do think it's a bit easier to get away with things in the animated shows. The animated approach automatically gives leeway with dialog and with the visuals. You don't have to make a new species look good standing next a real life actor or world.

On the downside it makes it that much more annoying to see the storytelling they are capable of and how much they botched the story in the sequel trilogy.

That being said, I think if they properly retcon things it could redeem the sequels a bit. I am all for retcon, for admitting mistakes and trying to fix them. They obviously have cloning established, they have established a "dead" Sith making a comeback with Maul, so I would love to see some of the plot holes/rushed points of the sequel get explained and framed better.
nai06
AG
You should watch Rebels as is basically leaves off just before the start of the Ashoka series. I really enjoyed the last season the most but its overall solid IMO.
Jim01
AG
It's next on my list
gougler08
AG
It also takes a bit of time to find its footing but is outstanding in the later seasons
dave94
AG
gougler08 said:

It also takes a bit of time to find its footing but is outstanding in the later seasons

It definitely starts off VERY Disney/kid oriented. But it finds it's legs and has some great storytelling
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
dave94 said:

gougler08 said:

It definitely starts off VERY Disney/kid oriented. But it finds it's legs and has some great storytelling
We are still on the first season of Rebels, but it at least feels like Star Wars from the beginning.
Even SW:ANH was aimed at 10 year old boys like I was in 1977.
I would say this is aiming a little bit younger, but it is still good stuff for the most part.
On another note I would also say it is quite violent for Y7 cartoon audience these days.
*** Stormtrooper Cannon Fodder ***
We are looking forward to finishing the whole series, after their recent lackluster stabs at Star Wars storytelling by Disney.
When we have grandkids Rebels looks like a good way to continue the story.
gougler08
AG
Seems fitting for this thread

First Page Last Page
Page 1218 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.