Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,605,161 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by jokershady
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need help. I know I should know what ship this is as it was mine as a child. Anyone know what this thing is called and what show/game it was from?

bluefire579
AG
jeffk said:

I need help. I know I should know what ship this is as it was mine as a child. Anyone know what this thing is called and what show/game it was from?

Shadows of the Empire, that was Xizor's ship: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Virago
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Stamped:
jeffk
AG
Yes! Thanks! I was going through the box of toys with my son and that was the only one I couldn't remember.
redline248
AG
I watched yesterday. His reaction to Vader is almost as awesome as watching that scene for the first time.
The Porkchop Express
AG
bluefire579 said:

jeffk said:

Shadows of the Empire, that was Xizor's ship: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Virago
Xizor did the one thing every 1970s and 1980s young man dreamed of while watching Return of the Jedi - spend an entire story line trying to get Princess Leia naked.

jeffk
bluefire579
AG
I remember that part of the novel, it was kinda weird. Also there was Xizor's droid assassin lady that seemed to fit in some nerd fantasies.
redline248
AG
bluefire579 said:

I remember that part of the novel, it was kinda weird. Also there was Xizor's droid assassin lady that seemed to fit in some nerd fantasies.
Whose? Lando's?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
bluefire579 said:

Yeah didn't he use pheromones? I remember being 14-15 reading this book and promptly researching pheromones ... 15-16 year old me: "Wait does that **** work?"
YouBet
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

bluefire579 said:

Yeah didn't he use pheromones? I remember being 14-15 reading this book and promptly researching pheromones ... 15-16 year old me: "Wait does that **** work?"

Yes! I keep some next to my Spanish fly.
maroon barchetta

maroon barchetta

The Porkchop Express
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Stone
COld
Fox
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

maroon barchetta said:

Stone
COld
Fox
Poor Carrie, she never had a chance
ChipFTAC01
AG

maroon barchetta said:

Stone
COld
Fox

Penny Marshall?
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Stone
COld
Fox

Penny Marshall?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Stone
COld
Fox

Penny Marshall?

I was going to say that Carrie Fisher isn't too shabby either.
Double Talkin' Jive...
ChipFTAC01
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Stone
COld
Fox

Penny Marshall?

I was going to say that Carrie Fisher isn't too shabby either.

Better response.
The Porkchop Express
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Stone
COld
Fox

Penny Marshall?
Carrie Fisher
Cindy Williams

5,000 feet of crap

Lenny and/or Squiggy
Carmine

Laverne
YouBet
AG
Carrie such a badass she could have unwound Laverne's L on her top and choked her with it.

Also, those trays are genius. How come I never had those when I waited tables? Never even seen any like that in the wild.
maroon barchetta
No kidding. I would have paid for one of those trays out of my own pocket.
YouBet
AG
maroon barchetta said:

No kidding. I would have paid for one of those trays out of my own pocket.
Seriously. Are those like lost Roman technology and no one knows how to make them anymore? Because not only would they be super-efficient they would have prevented many, many spills and accidents.

Surely, someone is making these somewhere?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

We missed out on an amazing fight scene.
The Porkchop Express
AG
ILM couldn't handle his face digitally. Probably thought they could make the leap forward from AOTC when they had to really limit Anakin v Dooku for the same reason, but couldn't stick the landing.

They should have had him use the Dark Side to kill Stasee Tin, Eeth Koth and Kit Fisto - impaled them on their own blades or slammed them into the ground, and had only Mace strong enough to resist that, forcing the lightsaber duel.
Flashdiaz
AG
interesting they had a guy that looked like Obi Wan fighting him.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I always thought it odd that in lightsaber duels 80% of the strikes are at the other persons lightsaber instead of at the person.

Seems like (and I get it for choreography sake) they are attacking the weapon and not the person.
Flashdiaz
AG
Thank you! This has always bothered me about the choregraphed shots. They are barely deflecting and not going for the kill shot.

Give me the ROTJ Rage Luke where he chops away repeatedly at Vader, then another shot to move his saber away and another chop to free Vader from his lover.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How about the five times he was swinging directly into Vader's lightsaber like a bat?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

How about the five times he was swinging directly into Vader's lightsaber like a bat?

To be fair; he knows Vader is his dad and simply wants to disarm (pun intended) him and turn him back to the good side.
Rex Racer
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

To be fair; he knows Vader is his dad and simply wants to disarm (pun intended) him and turn him back to the good side.

Not at that moment. He has lost it there for a bit because of the threat to his sister. When he sees Vader had already lost his hand at some point in the past, he looks at his own prosthetic hand and reclaims his reason.
double aught
AG
Rex Racer said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not at that moment. He has lost it there for a bit because of the threat to his sister. When he sees Vader had already lost his hand at some point in the past, he looks at his own prosthetic hand and reclaims his reason.
Yes. He realizes he's turning into Vader if he continues down that path.

Then: "I am a Jedi, like my father before me." Best scene in Star Wars. I love it.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Sharing these nostalgic videos that I found recently.

Aggie_Journalist
AG
Now I'm imagining a Quentin Tarantino Star Wars movie with the Kill Bill choreographer in charge of all the lightsaber fights
Thanks and gig'em
Sq1dvm
AG
Took the fam to Hot Springs for a fall break trip, the have a Star Wars toy museum called Galaxy Connection. Definitely worth checking out if you're ever there.
First Page Last Page
Page 1217 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.