Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,604,961 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by jokershady
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta
No writing. Not yet.
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

as when it was announced as a TV series...

but why?

literally no demand whatsoever for a Lando tv series, movie, comic book, etc.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

but why?

I see this kind of statement frequently. How is this (lack of) demand gauged? Is there a website that tracks what fans want to see? I ask this in all honesty.

I know that there was a poll that ran for a few years that resulted in Zach Synder's Justice League (a substantial improvement over the steaming pile that came out theatrically). Is there something like that out there that Star Wars film/series creators are ignoring?
The Collective
AG
How many dead scripts exist at Lucasfilm?
canadiaggie
AG
I'd watch a Lando show with Childish Gambino returning...
The Porkchop Express
AG
canadiaggie said:

He was the highlight of Solo. And nailed the voice and the "not quite brave" ness of Lando. The not-quite-loving it side of me feels this is Disney/Lucasfilm trying to tap into the Black Panther audience that made $1.153 billion domestic over 2 films and having it written by 2 black guys and starring 1 of them will give them the opportunity for a largely black cast as well. Lando is exceptionally popular, and Glover seems to be as well, but you're going to need a lot bigger hook than "Hey, it's Lando!" to get it anywhere past Solo level at the box.

If they're burying the lead and it's actually Solo 2 with the two of them as co-leads plus some Jabba the Hutt / Boba Fett / bounty hunters' guild plot, that's when I would be excited.
Belton Ag
AG
Personally I'd rather watch a movie about Lando Griffin.

YouBet
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

canadiaggie said:

He was the highlight of Solo. And nailed the voice and the "not quite brave" ness of Lando. The not-quite-loving it side of me feels this is Disney/Lucasfilm trying to tap into the Black Panther audience that made $1.153 billion domestic over 2 films and having it written by 2 black guys and starring 1 of them will give them the opportunity for a largely black cast as well. Lando is exceptionally popular, and Glover seems to be as well, but you're going to need a lot bigger hook than "Hey, it's Lando!" to get it anywhere past Solo level at the box.

If they're burying the lead and it's actually Solo 2 with the two of them as co-leads plus some Jabba the Hutt / Boba Fett / bounty hunters' guild plot, that's when I would be excited.
Well, whenever he actually used it. There were only a few times that he actually sounded like Billy Dee, otherwise it was his own voice.

Reminded me of Margot Robbie slipping in and out of voice while playing Harley Quinn.
The Collective
AG
Carrot (weather app) with the perfect joke this morning.

maroon barchetta
Facebook wants me to book a room in a Sand Crawler.
ABATTBQ11
AG
That's how you wind up missing your wallet and a kidney
ABATTBQ11
AG
C@LAg said:

TCTTS said:

but why?

Same thing for Andor, but that's still some of the best TV ever made.
Legal Custodian
AG
Guess I need to give Andor another shot. I watched the first episode and thought it was okay but never got around to watching the rest
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Guess I need to give Andor another shot. I watched the first episode and thought it was okay but never got around to watching the rest
Give it a few more episodes. I wasn't hooked immediately but the overall arc of the show was great and I'm glad I stuck with it. It was probably the best SW since Rogue One.
Double Talkin' Jive...
maroon barchetta
Legal Custodian said:

Oh boy. You better get ready to be humiliated.
redline248
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Legal Custodian said:

No need for that. Better late than never
BenTheGoodAg
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Legal Custodian said:

jokershady
AG
Holy crap my 12 year old guys….we're in a Texas children's urgent care room and the little Disney kids Star Wars cartoon is on…..I think it's called young Jedi adventures

Me: (remembering that chart showing all Star Wars properties) "Man it pains me that this show is canon."

Son: "It is?"

Me: "I think so."

……pause…….

Son: "Well…at least Anikan killed them all."

Me:

redline248
AG
Better keep both eyes on that one. Definitely don't teach him everything you know or he'll try to overthrow you.
YouBet
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Very slow burn but it's really good.
jokershady
AG
Legal Custodian said:

No kidding….the BEST dialogue of any Star Wars property ever written!!!! The first 3 episodes set the stage and it takes off from there.

This is Star Wars for adults and it takes itself very seriously in all the best ways. Hands down I wish I could watch this show all over again as if it was the first time watching it.

The 3rd episode really starts to set the tone for what you're in for….when the show came out they knew that and released the first 3 episodes at once.

Go for it dude!
redline248
AG
Quote:

the BEST dialogue of any Star Wars
Makes me want to watch Luthen's scene about sacrifice again.
jokershady
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

the BEST dialogue of any Star Wars
Makes me want to watch Luthen's scene about sacrifice again.
preach!!!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Andor elevated Star Wars so much. It's an impeccable show.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One way out!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Still trying to get my wife to watch it.

Meanwhile, she came home excited about there being a second Aquaman movie yesterday.

redline248
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Still trying to get my wife to watch it.

Meanwhile, she came home excited about there being a second Aquaman movie yesterday.

Lol, Jason Mamoa is better looking than Andor. Sounds like you need to rethink your Halloween costume.
Madmarttigan
AG
That made me laugh way too much
ABATTBQ11
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Legal Custodian said:

Give it a few more episodes. I wasn't hooked immediately but the overall arc of the show was great and I'm glad I stuck with it. It was probably the best SW since Rogue One.

Yeah it's better when you don't have to wait a week between episodes
JCRiley09
AG
You clearly weren't on this board when the show was being released. Week to week is the way to go. Good tv deserves water cooler discussions.
maroon barchetta
JCRiley09 said:

You clearly weren't on this board when the show was being released. Week to week is the way to go. Good tv deserves water cooler discussions.

Water cooler talk isn't accurate. You see, people drink water from bottles now.

It should be coffee machine discussions. Not water cooler.
maroon barchetta

Flashdiaz
AG
can't really send Luke to go train with Quo Gone. Besides, was he really a master? I think he's the only Jedi\Sith to die from a single lightsaber skewer. Everyone else has survived such a wound.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yoda was the youngling/kindergarten teacher, so technically accurate.
First Page Last Page
Page 1214 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.