Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,604,567 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by jokershady
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AtLando
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Can Abed from "Community" be in this series? That'd be sweet...

Saxsoon
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Can Abed from "Community" be in this series? That'd be sweet...

LANDO AND LOBOT IN THE MOOOOOORNING
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CviJNX6td3Y/
bluefire579
AG
PatAg
AG

Really cool video, and includes some never before seen footage from the creation process
C@LAg
Lucasfilm to Shut ILM Singapore Studio After Nearly 20 Years (300 jobs)

Lucasfilm to Shut Singapore Studio After Nearly 20 Years (msn.com)

The global media industry is facing disruption from rapid technological advancements, while studios are coping with challenges relating to talent and profitability," according to a joint statement by Singapore's Economic Development Board and Infocomm Media Development Authority on Tuesday.

The move will affect more than 300 employees at Lucasfilm's visual effects and animation studio, Industrial Light & Magic, according to a report by Today.
jokershady
AG
just because.....

maroon barchetta

double aught
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
bluefire579
AG
AliasMan02
AG

This is Snyder's rejected Star Wars movie pitch reskinned, right?
TCTTS
AG
Yep. What I just posted in the trailer thread...

Quote:

Snyder originally pitched the story to Lucasfilm as an R-rated Star Wars spinoff. Basically, Seven Samurai set in the Star Wars universe. When that fell through, though, he refashioned it into an original property, told across two movies.

On one hand, I'll always applaud studios for taking a chance on original sci-fi, and this may very well end up being good, but yeah, right now it really does look like a paint-by-numbers sci-fi space epic. Part Star Wars, part Chronicles of Riddick, part Foundation, part Jupiter Ascending, part first 15 minutes of Man of Steel. It just reeks of Netflix's generic, carbon copy vibe.
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Quote:

Snyder originally pitched the story to Lucasfilm as an R-rated Star Wars spinoff. Basically, Seven Samurai set in the Star Wars universe. When that fell through, though, he refashioned it into an original property, told across two movies.

On one hand, I'll always applaud studios for taking a chance on original sci-fi, and this may very well end up being good, but yeah, right now it really does look like a paint-by-numbers sci-fi space epic. Part Star Wars, part Chronicles of Riddick, part Foundation, part Jupiter Ascending, part first 15 minutes of Man of Steel. It just reeks of Netflix's generic, carbon copy vibe.

We even got Harry Potter with bowing to a hippogriff.

Is it fair to say that Princess Issa is the true child of prophecy to bring balance to the force in his original cut?
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Quote:

At first blush, I have no problems with this.
Madmarttigan
AG
Netflix movies are generally meh at best so high chance it's garbage
Formerly tv1113
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I saw a part Witcher too
AliasMan02
AG
I've started on Shadow of the Sith, a filler novel set prior to TFA that deals with the Sith Eternal and some of the foundations of the First Order. Also the Sith Eternal's search for Rey. I've avoided it for a long time because these movie-related books tend to stink and all Luke-related book content also tends towards being terrible. But I'm a completionist.

So far, pretty good. Luke as a Master is well written though the first 10 chapters or so. And the guy reading it does a PHENOMENAL Lando, which helps. Lor San Tekka plays prominently. The planet Tython makes an appearance. No way will it redeem the sins of TROS, but I'm usually impressed by how the authors can find nuggets to expand and make a good story.
TCTTS
AG
maroon barchetta
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One of the funniest and most entertaining reaction channels on YouTube. Just saw he reacted to A New Hope. Haven't even watched this yet but I'm sure it's gonna be great.

The Porkchop Express
AG
Pretty interesting thing from the official site, it's reclassified all properties on this Eras page.

https://www.starwars.com/eras

Three of the newly purposed and contain no titles, but you wouldn't give something a name if you weren't planning on populating it.

The eras are:

Dawn of the Jedi: Currently blank, but we assume James Mangold's movie about the first Jedi will be here.

The Old Republic: The official description is - "The Republic is founded among the worlds of the Galactic Core, and the Jedi Order emerges to protect it. A schism within the Jedi leads to the creation of the Sith in this epic era." And me and every KOTOR fan's heart just skipped a beat that maybe we'll get our legendary story into a movie or series at some point.

The High Republic: Under the protection of the Jedi Knights and the wise rule of the Senate, the Republic grows into a golden age. The vast Outer Rim beckons the intrepid seeking to discover new worlds and spread the optimism of the Republic.

Fall Of The Jedi: A long forgotten menace returns as a Sith lord orchestrates a devastating conflict, plunging the galaxy into full scale war with the Jedi Knights at the frontlines.

Reign of the Empire: Through treachery and deception, the Galactic Empire rules unchallenged and grows in military might. A scant few Jedi survivors retreat into the shadows as they are hunted down mercilessly.

Age of Rebellion: Outnumbered, the Rebellion spreads across the galaxy. Rebel heroes fan the flickering light of hope in a heroic stand against the evil Galactic Empire.

The New Republic: The Empire has been defeated, and the emergent New Republic faces the great challenge of rebuilding and reuniting the galaxy. It is a tentative and fragile peace, threatened by the remnants of the Empire.
Mando, BOBF, and Ahsoka are the titles listed here.

Rise Of The First Order: In secret, the legacy of the Empire transforms into the First Order and strikes a devastating blow against the New Republic. A fledgling Resistance and new generation of heroes are left to stand against a resurrected enemy.

New Jedi Order: Totally blank for now, presumably Rey's movie goes here. Suggests that there will be multiple properties - film, animated, live-action with a lot of Jedi beyond Rey in them. Seems somewhat lazy they just ripped off the name of a long-time book series that was then wiped out from Canon to Legends in order to re-use it here, but whatever.

BenTheGoodAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
YouBet
AG
Seems odd to have two eras on both sides of the conflict named "Order". Like the First Order morphed into the Jedi Order.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Heavy rumor of a delightful cameo in the High Republic show The Acolyte is out there which makes wonderful sense when you look at the cast list.

NEO
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

One of the funniest and most entertaining reaction channels on YouTube. Just saw he reacted to A New Hope. Haven't even watched this yet but I'm sure it's gonna be great.

I don't normally watch videos like this, but damn this was funny. His facial expressions and his commentary make this worth watching.

"Thanks for playing" as Luke drops a couple of proton torpedoes into the exhaust shaft.
redline248
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I don't normally watch videos like this, but damn this was funny. His facial expressions and his commentary make this worth watching.

"Thanks for playing" as Luke drops a couple of proton torpedoes into the exhaust shaft.
When the red R5 unit blew up he said "he's from Detroit."
TCTTS
AG
wangus12
AG
She must be stopped
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Give me some young Ben Solo going corrupt movies and I'm all in.

I still think a teenage Ben Solo shows up in this Mando / Ahsoka / probably Thrawn cross over movie at some point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Meant to post on Ahsoka thread.
JCRiley09
AG
"Somehow Ben Solo returned"
First Page Last Page
Page 1211 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.