Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,605,791 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by jokershady
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Star Wars fan, particularly of Rogue One and Andor?
Belton Ag
AG
Maybe a fan of Mama Cass?
maroon barchetta
Which of you nerds has a Jeep?

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CtDGIIpMAt5
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
It really is pretty annoying that we never got (on film) a Luke led New Jedi Order. Rey's will probably be up and running smoothly in a year and a half and put an end to all the evil in the Galaxy by the end of the movie.
twilly
AG
And in about two weeks time, have all of her students attain the rank of Master.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
jeffk
AG
redline248 said:

It really is pretty annoying that we never got (on film) a Luke led New Jedi Order. Rey's will probably be up and running smoothly in a year and a half and put an end to all the evil in the Galaxy by the end of the movie.

Luke was the Deion Sanders of Jedi academy leadership.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
jeffk said:

redline248 said:

Luke was the Deion Sanders of Jedi academy leadership.

Except Luke got his hand chopped off. Deion his foot.
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
Malachi Constant
AG
Hey I don't want to get anywhere F16 style stuff here, but let's just say this bio on Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (the director of the new Star Wars film) gives me a little pause...

Quote:

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy is a Pakistani-Canadian journalist, filmmaker and activist known for her work in films that highlight gender inequality against women. Obaid-Chinoy received her bachelor's degree in economics and government from Smith College and went on to earn two master's degrees from Stanford University. Wikipedia
TCTTS
AG
Can we PLEASE not go down this road?
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Too late! I have summoned the horde!

Mr. White
Don't hire a director with that background and it won't be discussed. Easy.
C@LAg
YouBet said:

TCTTS said:

Too late! I have summoned the horde!

TCTTS
AG
The vast majority of people don't give a sh*t. It's only a weird, hyper-obsessed, hyper-political group that congregates in a corner of this website who gets inordinately bent out of shape and pre-judges crap like this before we've even seen a frame of film. This happens over and over and over again, when I don't know a single person in the real world who thinks/acts like this. Gender inequality is a real thing that exist. And this woman apparently highlights it in her work. Oh no! I simply cannot imagine getting upset about something like that, or even finding it dubious. Do *some* lunatics take the gender stuff too far? Absolutely. But so far there's zero indication she one of them, and I see no point in trying to make a mountain out of a molehill at this point.
cbr
AG
TCTTS said:

The vast majority of people don't give a sh*t. It's only a weird, hyper-obsessed, hyper-political group that congregates in a corner of this website who gets inordinately bent out of shape and pre-judges crap like this before we've even seen a frame of film. This happens over and over and over again, when I don't know a single person in the real world who thinks/acts like this. Gender inequality is a real thing that exist. And this woman apparently highlights it in her work. Oh no! I simply cannot imagine getting upset about something like that, or even finding it dubious. Do *some* lunatics take the gender stuff too far? Absolutely. But so far there's zero indication she one of them, and I see no point in trying to make a mountain out of a molehill at this point.

And here it is... the hollywood hypocrite bubble on full display.

americans want good movies and entertainment without idiotic political bull****

most non-idiots recognize this, and deliver entertainment that americans don't hate, because they leave that bull**** out of it.

occasionally some insulated, pampered, isolated, hypocritical, stanford type morons with no sense or life experience or ethics, push their anti -American, anti-meritocracy, anti-ethical agendas on their audiences, and when americans object, they are "weird, hyper-obsessed, hyper-political groups congregating in corners'

now this hasn't come out yet, so i am reserving judgment... but you clearly arent.

cbr
AG
Malachi Constant said:

Hey I don't want to get anywhere F16 style stuff here, but let's just say this bio on Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (the director of the new Star Wars film) gives me a little pause...

Quote:

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy is a Pakistani-Canadian journalist, filmmaker and activist known for her work in films that highlight gender inequality against women. Obaid-Chinoy received her bachelor's degree in economics and government from Smith College and went on to earn two master's degrees from Stanford University. Wikipedia

well, surely her work highlights the inequities of the third world and shariah law, in contrast to the most tolerant society in history in western european and america over the past 100 years.
Saxsoon
AG
I mostly just take offense that really the only thing she is known for is Ms. Marvel and that show was not great. That show was only good because Iman Vellani, not because of the direction or writing.

You cannot tell me you build up her bull**** relatives as the big bad to end with damage control in the high school gymnasium was good. Baffling decisions when you have one of the most charismatic characters they have ever conceived.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Can we get examples of her previous work that might shed some light on what she might do with Star Wars?

TCTTS
AG
cbr said:

TCTTS said:

J E S U .... H ........

And here it is... the hollywood hypocrite bubble on full display.

americans want good movies and entertainment without idiotic political bull****

most non-idiots recognize this, and deliver entertainment that americans don't hate, because they leave that bull**** out of it.

occasionally some insulated, pampered, isolated, hypocritical, stanford type morons with no sense or life experience or ethics, push their anti -American, anti-meritocracy, anti-ethical bull**** agendas on their audiences, and when americans object, they are "weird, hyper-obsessed, hyper-political groups congregating in corners'

because they object to bull**** unethical garbage agendas being pushed into their entertainment.

now this hasn't come out yet, so i am reserving judgment... but you clearly arent.

You need to chill the f/ck out.

Also... what in the world are you talking about?

I'm referring to an UNFINISHED product we know NOTHING about, and was simply hoping to avoid the standard pre-freak out by all the usual suspects here.

If, in THREE years from now, the movie comes out and features some sweeping, pro-female/anti-male scourge of a plot/theme, you guys will have every reason to complain all you want THEN. It's just that we've been through this exact same song and dance so many times that I've lost track, where we have to endure the same sh*t, from the same select few who, EVERY SINGLE TIME there's even the faintest hint of "woke" in something coming out months/years from now, end up dominating the conversation for months/years because of their "woke" panic, when 99% of the time it turns out to either be BS or, like, five seconds of "woke" in an otherwise innocuous movie.

And now here we go again, with a single post, the horde has been incepted, and this movie just went from being part of the standard Star Wars discussion, to every other day for the next three years someone having to remind us of the director's supposed "agenda" or whatever, and it's just so f/cking exhausting and makes me want to tap out altogether.
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Can we get examples of her previous work that might shed some light on what she might do with Star Wars?

I know next to nothing about her, only that she directed episodes of Ms. Marvel, which I thought most people here really seemed to enjoy. It wasn't my favorite thing, but I had fun with it, it had a lot of heart, and never once felt overly preachy or anything.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

I know next to nothing about her, only that she directed episodes of Ms. Marvel, which I thought most people here really seemed to enjoy. It wasn't my favorite thing, but I had fun with it, it had a lot of heart, and never once felt overly preachy or anything.
Ms. Marvel was a fun show, I'll give it that. Don't recall much about it, honestly, and don't remember seeing anything that annoyed me.

So until we can see anything regarding this project, I will withhold any judgment and hope it doesn't go off the rails with any woke *****
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
To truly battle inequality in Star wars, she is going to have to have Rey fall to the dark side and kill some younglings. Also hate sand.
https://i.postimg.cc/rpHKr9JQ/IMG-0770.jpg
redline248
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Ms. Marvel was a fun show, I'll give it that. Don't recall much about it, honestly, and don't remember seeing anything that annoyed me.

So until we can see anything regarding this project, I will withhold any judgment and hope it doesn't go off the rails with any woke *****
The only thing I remember was the teenage girl winning the head position of whatever church council they had b/c all the men were old and out of touch. I liked that show a lot, but that did kind stick out as out of place.
edit: And I don't know if that episode was even directed by this person.
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Malachi Constant
AG
I wish I hadn't posted it. Oh well. The real victims here are the people that saw 20+ new replies to the Star Wars thread and thought there was some actual news.
maroon barchetta
Malachi Constant said:

I wish I hadn't posted it. Oh well. The real victims here are the people that saw 20+ new replies to the Star Wars thread and thought there was some actual news.

Guilty.
redline248
AG
I mean, it's kind of news, right? New Jedi Order with Rey is a pretty big deal.
jeffk
AG
Malachi Constant said:

double aught
AG
Well, in brighter news: This was the score in the Cubs-Pirates game at one point the other day.
redline248
AG
That's great. Almost as good as the game b/w Pitt and Philly that was 0-0 and said POOP
Rex Racer
AG
Aren't we at a point in society where women's lib isn't really woke anymore? It's bigoted against the trans folks?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
twilly said:

And in about two weeks time, have all of her students attain the rank of Master.

Rose will be an honorary Master, even though she still can't use the force.
lunchbox
Seeing reports on twitter over the last couple of days that casting is ongoing for The Acolyte, while at the same time seeing that it has been cancelled.

So...which is it?

First Page Last Page
Page 1208 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.